By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 1st Feb Global Hardware, USA Software up!

iceland said:
Ps4 is killing it!!!!! I guess Xbox One and Wii U can battle for 2nd this gen...

More like battle to stay alive(viable).

Around the Network
vivster said:
Justagamer said:
I think we are seeing the arrogance effect here... Sony was very arrogant after the ps1-2, then thought they could sell a ps3 for whatever they want, and it started out awful... Now Microsoft was the arrogant one, and thought they could throw together the kinect and sell it for whatever they want.... Did they not see the ps3 launch? It had a $500 model too that sold like crap, so what made them think a $500 x1 would change that? I think gene really no one really wants kinect(I don't, hated it on 360), and they thought it would justify $500 because of kinect... The need to make that thing optional, and sell it with and without it. $400 without kinect would be fair, even if the ps4 is that price....

You forgot to mention the WiiU.

I think the wiiu is more of a mistake than arrogance... I'm speaking of price here too. Wiiu was $350, way below $500... Now Nintendo was arrogant with the n64. Their mentality of it's our way or the highway with cartridges was arrogance. But I don't think the wiiu is a product of arrogance.... 

Justagamer said:
I think we are seeing the arrogance effect here... Sony was very arrogant after the ps1-2, then thought they could sell a ps3 for whatever they want, and it started out awful... Now Microsoft was the arrogant one, and thought they could throw together the kinect and sell it for whatever they want.... Did they not see the ps3 launch? It had a $500 model too that sold like crap, so what made them think a $500 x1 would change that? I think gene really no one really wants kinect(I don't, hated it on 360), and they thought it would justify $500 because of kinect... The need to make that thing optional, and sell it with and without it. $400 without kinect would be fair, even if the ps4 is that price....

You will have a hell of issues without Kinect...

To be fair I tried it last weekend just using the Xbone's controller (I turned the Kinect off) and I can tell you the UI was made to work with Kinect... it is really not simple/easy navigate through the interface with a controller.

MS needs to improve the usuability without Kinect to start to thing in a Kinect-less SKU.

Justagamer said:

I think the wiiu is more of a mistake than arrogance... I'm speaking of price here too. Wiiu was $350, way below $500... Now Nintendo was arrogant with the n64. Their mentality of it's our way or the highway with cartridges was arrogance. But I don't think the wiiu is a product of arrogance....

N64 was the best Nintendo console ever created

The big mistake was that Sony released the PlayStation almost three years early... so when N64 get released the PlayStation was already a big name in the market... Nintendo was late.

PS4 selling well despite being the low stock levels. Nice.

Around the Network

Also, Sony blows by the 5 Million mark and beats their FY projection.

ethomaz said:

Justagamer said:

N64 was the best Nintendo console ever created

The big mistake was that Sony released the PlayStation almost three years early... so when N64 get released the PlayStation was already a big name in the market... Nintendo was late.

I loved the n64..... But cartridges are what killed them. If it would have been cd, square would have made games for it and most if not all 3rd parties too. Things would have been very different... But, as they say, hindsight is 20/20....

freedquaker said:
I'm glad to see that predictions start to hold even before Japan. I had said XB1 will be very lucky if it could get away with 2:1, because that is very optimistic for XB1. Its share will be between 3:1 & 2:1 and I am leaning more towards 3:1.... What's funny is that even a few weeks ago, there were still people who claimed Xbox was too strong of a brand, and there was no way for Sony to beat it in US! I have given many technical & scientific estimates precisely predicting what's going to happen, to only land on deaf ears.

See my original estimates attached on my signature. They will hold! They always do :)

Xbox One will win US if they drop the price soon. If MS decides to keep it $100 more than PS4 then yes Sony will win US. Sony has nothing to compete with Titanfall, Halo & Price drop this year. My prediction is based on a price drop. A Xbox One at equal price will beat the PS4 in the US.

Meanwhile 3DS is still doing awesome. Nintendo deserves that, as they do with the poor Wii U sales. C'mon, listen to your fans!

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

tuscaniman99 said:
freedquaker said:
I'm glad to see that predictions start to hold even before Japan. I had said XB1 will be very lucky if it could get away with 2:1, because that is very optimistic for XB1. Its share will be between 3:1 & 2:1 and I am leaning more towards 3:1.... What's funny is that even a few weeks ago, there were still people who claimed Xbox was too strong of a brand, and there was no way for Sony to beat it in US! I have given many technical & scientific estimates precisely predicting what's going to happen, to only land on deaf ears.

See my original estimates attached on my signature. They will hold! They always do :)

Xbox One will win US if they drop the price soon. If MS decides to keep it $100 more than PS4 then yes Sony will win US. Sony has nothing to compete with Titanfall, Halo & Price drop this year. My prediction is based on a price drop. A Xbox One at equal price will beat the PS4 in the US.

Well the halo game this year is leaked to be halo 2. Sony doesn't need to compete with that.