By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I dont normally drink beer, but when I do its dos equis.

Actually I am simple, bud light off the tap, sometimes bottle, ice cold. Best place around for me is the tilted kilt, the beer has a light layer of frost on top its so cold and damn its good like that.

Around the Network

I love beer!

Anyone here ever had Chimay? It's a bit expensive in my area but the beer is delicious!

If it ain't Saku (Estonian) or Chernigovskoye (Ukrainian), I am mostly likely not excited for it

Before anyone jumps me, I am yet to try authentic Czech or German beer

kirby007 said:
for palm and grolsch one or 2 beers are great but no more then that

Palm I find a bit too sweet or I just had too many when I was in college, Grolsch is pretty much my favorite 'out of a crate@home' beer. I like it a bit bitter.

I just bought some Herfstbok from Grolsch, they make pretty good bok-beers.

cannonballZ said:
I love beer!

Anyone here ever had Chimay? It's a bit expensive in my area but the beer is delicious!

Chimay is great!  I wish it were cheaper so I could drink it more regularly.

Around the Network

Just want to say that MOST main stream American beers are TERRIBLE, but the United States has an incredibly diverse micro-brew culture and if you are not trying out some of these "small label" beers and are a beer drinker, you are really missing out.

cannonballZ said:
I love beer!

Yes I have, it's carrying far too much carbonic acid for me.

LiquorandGunFun said:

I dont normally drink beer, but when I do its dos equis.

Actually I am simple, bud light off the tap, sometimes bottle, ice cold. Best place around for me is the tilted kilt, the beer has a light layer of frost on top its so cold and damn its good like that.

The ironic thing about all this is that cold basically kills the beer flavor. The colder the beer, the harder it is to taste.
What's ironic is that all the cheap beers emphasize keeping your beer as cold as possible. Special light block and aluminium bottles to help basically kill their own beer's flavor. There's even color notifications that let you know when your beer is cold enough.

It's like the mainstream shit companies don't even want you to drink their beer until they can be assured that you can't taste how bad it is.

Oh man just had a few 50cl of amstel while playing cards those aren't that bad really but just lack some finesse

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

weaveworld said:
On the subject matter though, I haven't had a lot of American beers except for a couple of flying dogs.

Usually I start out deciding what 'sort' of beer I am in the mood for; Blondes, Brunettes (Amber), Ale, Bok, seasonly crafted local brewery stuff...
Once I figured out my taste of the day I try out different brands starting with a low percentage of alcohol to end with the higher percentages.
If I am not done at that point, and still crave for some beer, I often end up ordering Duvel. That really hits the spot at the end of an evening.

Beer, it's an acquired taste. More diverse than wine at least.

Well wine only has one ingredient grapes while beer has various different ingredients depending on where its brewed so it should have a more diverse taste.