By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
badgenome said:
LemonSlice said:

From one of the best directors!

(For a Canadian!)

He's no Terrence and Phillip though, now those guys' got magic!

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
kirby007 said:
beer tasting like ass ...
i'm not sure what to make of that comparision.

what kind of beer did you try?

Budweiser... And I am talking about the first time I tried it when I was 18... Just tastes so bad... I don't drink beer often at all, only during rare occation

well that explains alot, american beer isn't that good. imported beers are uch better

There are lots of great American beers.  Just don't go looking for greatness among the mass produced popular lagers like Bud, Miller, Coors, or Canadian stuff like Molson or Labatt.  The United States are actually among the top producers of great craft beer.  And it's not hard to find anymore.  Rogue is an especially great producer of varied craft beer in the US.

To add a fact to the thread :

Belgium now has more than 8700 different beers (including limited and seasonal), = 8 beers for 100 citizens.

CladInShadows said:
kirby007 said:
kirby007 said:

Budweiser... And I am talking about the first time I tried it when I was 18... Just tastes so bad... I don't drink beer often at all, only during rare occation

well that explains alot, american beer isn't that good. imported beers are uch better

There are lots of great American beers.  Just don't go looking for greatness among the mass produced popular lagers like Bud, Miller, Coors, or Canadian stuff like Molson or Labatt.  The United States are actually among the top producers of great craft beer.  And it's not hard to find anymore.  Rogue is an especially great producer of varied craft beer in the US.

Another pretty great beer maker is Leinenkugel (I think it's made in Wisconsin). Never heard of Rogue before, what are some of their best stuff?

RenCutypoison said:

Belgium now has more than 8700 different beers (including limited and seasonal), = 8 beers for 100 citizens.

Is that bad math, a typing error or have I just misunderstood? (8 for 100 to me is seems like a ratio, but 8700 goes into 11million over 1200 times.... so it's nearer 8 beers for 10,000 citizens

Around the Network
HigHurtenflurst said:
RenCutypoison said:

Is that bad math, a typing error or have I just misunderstood? (8 for 100 to me is seems like a ratio, but 8700 goes into 11million over 1200 times.... so it's nearer 8 beers for 10,000 citizens

I think he may have had a few beers

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I drink a lot of beer.
My favorites are:
Chimay blue, kronenbourg blanc, and weinstephaner. founders breakfast is also a nice one.

Oh and boddingtons, love that shit.

yo_john117 said:
CladInShadows said:
kirby007 said:
kirby007 said:

Another pretty great beer maker is Leinenkugel (I think it's made in Wisconsin). Never heard of Rogue before, what are some of their best stuff?

Rogue is from Portland, Oregon, I believe.  I'm in Canada, so I don't have access to all of them, but I have personally tried the Chipotle Ale, Hazelnut Brown, Mocha Porter, Double Chocolate Stout, Voodoo Bacon/Maple, Voodoo Chocolate Peanut Butter, Morimoto Hazelnut, and Yellow Snow IPA.  The only one I didn't really like was the Chipotle Ale.

For those not familiar with the styles, none of those flavours are sweet in any way whatsoever. They have dozens of flavours I have yet to try.

http://rogue.com/beers/beers.php

theprof00 said:

I drink a lot of beer.
My favorites are:
Chimay blue, kronenbourg blanc, and weinstephaner. founders breakfast is also a nice one.

Oh and boddingtons, love that shit.

I keep hearing great things about Founders, but I have yet to see any in my liquor stores in Edmonton, Alberta.

Being a poor university student I have to mostly settle for the cheap beers I can get in the local supermarket unfortunately, of those I think Sternburg and Wicküler/Wickueler give you the most bang for your buck.

Though I probably shouldn't complain, from what I've heard beer is pretty damn cheap here, compared to other countries. :D