By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Chris Hu said:
weaveworld said:
On the subject matter though, I haven't had a lot of American beers except for a couple of flying dogs.

Usually I start out deciding what 'sort' of beer I am in the mood for; Blondes, Brunettes (Amber), Ale, Bok, seasonly crafted local brewery stuff...
Once I figured out my taste of the day I try out different brands starting with a low percentage of alcohol to end with the higher percentages.
If I am not done at that point, and still crave for some beer, I often end up ordering Duvel. That really hits the spot at the end of an evening.

Beer, it's an acquired taste. More diverse than wine at least.

Well wine only has one ingredient grapes while beer has various different ingredients depending on where its brewed so it should have a more diverse taste.

Ranking alcoholic beverages on different possibilities of tastes i think it would be something like beer>whiskey>wine>vodka

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Whiskey and Vodaka and most other hard acohol are also more versatile since you can mix them with so much other stuff even with other hard liquors.  Beer you can really only mix with less then a handfull of other stuff and wine you shouldn't mix with anything else.

So did a test in a beer barn the other day 8 different beers and had to guess which is which, failed miserably but they tasted good anyway

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.