By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Uncharted 4 will outsell Super Smash Bros WiiU

Which will sell more?

Uncharted 4 197 39.88%

Super Smash Bros WiiU 295 59.72%

Total:492

I would be pleasantly surprised, although I love both.

Top 10 Games of All Time

1. The Last of Us, 2. Journey, 3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, 4. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, 5. Bioshock Infinite, 6. Zelda: Twilight Princess, 7. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, 8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl, 9. Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, 10. Starcraft

Add me on PSN. Thanks.

Around the Network

SSB WII U will sell more, the Uncharted series is only increasing in popularity because with each new game the amount of mass bundling is increased and it's still not very popular and so if the level of bundling drops it will only sell 4/5m:

God of War is still Sony's 2nd biggest franchise, even the biggest UC (3) wouldn't have passed 5.5m without bundling despite all the excellent advertisement & holiday release whereas GoW3 is on the way to 7m with none of those benefits.

GoW4 with the advertisement + bundling + holiday release  of UC3 would be an easy 8/9m seller which is more than I think SSB Wii U will sell.

late_release said:
MDMAlliance said:
TruckOSaurus said:
late_release said:
WiiU install base won't suddenly gain say like 2-3 millions until SSB is released and the game won't sell at 90-100% attach ratio, it's ridiculous and irrational. At best it will sell 3-4M copies.

Uncharted is a different story because it won't be released any time soon and the install base will be much larger than WiiUs, if the scenario doesn't change until then.

You have to factor in that Smash games are evergreen titles so SSB will sell for the whole lifetime of the Wii U. 3 to 4 million is a very very low prediction for it.

Also, the Wii U already has a 3m+ seller.

I forgot to include the exeptional bundling capabilities of Nintendo, then the game might have greater numbers. 

I don't think Super Smash Bros. Brawl was ever part of any official bundles and it sold 12 million. Smash is just the kind of game that has a really long shelf life (it's aided by the fact that there's always only one title per console)

Signature goes here!

Roar_Of_War said:
badgenome said:
Why so timid? Let me show you how this is done.

Prediction: Uncharted 4 will outsell Wii U.

So Uncharted 4 will sell over 18 million units at minimum is your prediction?

Lucky for us, the Wii U won't reach 18 million units

I'm not sure. Unless something extraordinary happens, it seems likely that Uncharted 4 will outsell the WiiU version.  We will see...

Gaming on:

PC:
Asus Z87-A  |  i7 4770K  |  MSI Radeon RX 480 Gaming X 8GB
G. Skill Ripjaws X Series 32 GB DDR3 2133 mhz  |  WD Blue 1TB SSD & WD Blue HDD 1TB

Consoles:
WiiU
Switch (Docked)
PS 3 / 4

Handhelds:
New 3ds XL
Switch (Portable Mode ;P )

Around the Network

They will sell similar.

007BondAgent said:
Roar_Of_War said:
badgenome said:

I think I'm gonna save this post for the future.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
007BondAgent said:
Roar_Of_War said:
badgenome said:

I think I'm gonna save this post for the future.

It's amazing how many people think the Wii U won't even reach 20 million. They are all going to eat crow. I can't wait.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

No way Uncharted outsells Smash.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

Let's be frank: Nintendo's consoles (not handhelds) have been niche ever since N64 only except for the Wii. Where did they get so many to buy Wii? Because of the casual audience, they were happy and satisfied with games they just heard of, most didn't know what happened to nintendo with the gamecube. Now Nintendo lost a great deal of casual audience, again. What they're selling of WiiUs is only hardcore fans for the most part. Sales for the WiiU will stack at 20M at best, because they lost the casual audience to the other gaming devices (including 3ds).