By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Uncharted 4 will outsell Super Smash Bros WiiU

Which will sell more?

Uncharted 4 197 39.88%

Super Smash Bros WiiU 295 59.72%

Total:492

The demand for Uncharted 4 will probably be less because they make them so damn fast. Eventually it will just die like every other Sony IP that they milk to death :(. Smash Bros comes out every generation which is significantly less than the rate Uncharted comes out (Once every 2 or 3 years not including handhelds?!? -_-) so basically Uncharted might sell more within 24 hours, but Smash Bros will still be selling 5 years from now with maybe one price cut.

Around the Network
xNonox said:
The demand for Uncharted 4 will probably be less because they make them so damn fast. Eventually it will just die like every other Sony IP that they milk to death :(. Smash Bros comes out every generation which is significantly less than the rate Uncharted comes out (Once every 2 or 3 years not including handhelds?!? -_-) so basically Uncharted might sell more within 24 hours, but Smash Bros will still be selling 5 years from now with maybe one price cut.

Wii u wont be around in 5 years

I have to remember to bump this in 5 years to see if I was right.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Sorry. Uncharted 4 won't even outsell Uncharted 2. Joke thread?

Nintendo Network: xavi707

PSN: xavi0707

It's weird. I'm a huge Nintendo fan, and I love Smash and don't have a PS4 (even though it's cool! I would get yelled at for buying all three consoles) but it seems to me that for Smash U to sell over 7 million copies...

A) EVERYBODY who already has a Wii U in the entire WORLD would have to buy it and

B) A COUPLE MILLION people who don't already have Wii U would have to run out, buy Wii U's, and this

7 million copies in its lifetime, sure. I think it will, actually. 7 million by end of 2014?

Really hard to imagine.

Around the Network
VitroBahllee said:
It's weird. I'm a huge Nintendo fan, and I love Smash and don't have a PS4 (even though it's cool! I would get yelled at for buying all three consoles) but it seems to me that for Smash U to sell over 7 million copies...

A) EVERYBODY who already has a Wii U in the entire WORLD would have to buy it and

B) A COUPLE MILLION people who don't already have Wii U would have to run out, buy Wii U's, and this

7 million copies in its lifetime, sure. I think it will, actually. 7 million by end of 2014?

Really hard to imagine.

I don't think anybody is saying it'll sell 7 million copies this year or at least I hope not.

Signature goes here!

Mummelmann said:
It's hard to say what kind of selling power ND's franchises have on a new platform though, they almost always come up with a new one for each generation and ride with it (Crash, Jak, Uncharted), we don't have any guarantees that the franchise will actually grow, especially if UC 4 launches fairly early on in the PS4's life, the sequels that release when the fanbase is established and the user base has grown are almost always more successful.

Then again; Smash is going to two platforms this time around. This is actually a really tough call, Smash on Gamecube sold over 7 million on a tiny installed base while UC 3 has sold about 6.2 million at this point on a vastly larger installed base.

OP: I'm not so sure this will happen, I think that UC 4 will sell at least 5 million lifetime but I'm not sure it'll be enough, even if the Wii U needs to share stage with the 3DS on this, and with the severe lack of 3rd party support, the 1st party is bound to get all the more love and traction. However, if there is an Uncharted 5, that should stand a fairly good chance at it.

What? The series grew with each new installment.  Also, Halo 3 launched early in 360's life too, and it went on to be best selling Halo game.

As for GC sales, its not like GC users had aa big of a choice of quality games compared to PS3, especially 3rd party games. I mean UC3 went against MW3, BF3, Skyrim and AC:R

Kane1389 said:
Mummelmann said:
It's hard to say what kind of selling power ND's franchises have on a new platform though, they almost always come up with a new one for each generation and ride with it (Crash, Jak, Uncharted), we don't have any guarantees that the franchise will actually grow, especially if UC 4 launches fairly early on in the PS4's life, the sequels that release when the fanbase is established and the user base has grown are almost always more successful.

Then again; Smash is going to two platforms this time around. This is actually a really tough call, Smash on Gamecube sold over 7 million on a tiny installed base while UC 3 has sold about 6.2 million at this point on a vastly larger installed base.

OP: I'm not so sure this will happen, I think that UC 4 will sell at least 5 million lifetime but I'm not sure it'll be enough, even if the Wii U needs to share stage with the 3DS on this, and with the severe lack of 3rd party support, the 1st party is bound to get all the more love and traction. However, if there is an Uncharted 5, that should stand a fairly good chance at it.

What? The series grew with each new installment.  Also, Halo 3 launched early in 360's life too, and it went on to be best selling Halo game.

As for GC sales, its not like GC users had aa big of a choice of quality games compared to PS3, especially 3rd party games. I mean UC3 went against MW3, BF3, Skyrim and AC:R

I'm not denying that the franchise grew with each installment, my point ties into the uncertain figures of seeing a ND franchise making the jump to another generation, since they almost always come up with a new IP for a new console/generation, which was the bit of the same sentence you bolded that got left out.

And, yes, it's true that GC owners had a very poor offering compared to PS3 owners and that UC3 went up against some giants (one RPG and two shooters though, AC:R is probably the most direct competition out of those) but we don't know the software landscape of the 8th gen yet, perhaps a new 3rd person shooter franchise will arise and become the new Gears or Uncharted, or perhaps the genre as a whole will take a dip in popularity, it's really hard to say. We can't automatically assume that the Uncharted series will continue to grow and that UC 4 will beat UC 3 by default.

That's what makes this a tough call; we don't really know much about either games' performance. One thing is for certain though: both Smash and UC 4 will sell very well and I will be surprised if either falls below the 5 million mark when all is said and done.

betacon said:
xNonox said:

Wow, amazing rebuttle.

xNonox said:
betacon said:
xNonox said:

Wow, amazing rebuttle.

Were we having a debate? I wasn't aware