By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Mad55 said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Mad55 said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Mad55 said:
Lol funny. If sony said trade a 360 and get 100 off a ps4 we'd see alot more "Oh this is a great deal comments.". Honestly if your done with your ps3 and want a xbox one this isn't a bad deal. lol at people saying cragislist as if that system of selling things is a guaranteed thing.

But it is a bad deal, you can keep your ps3 buy a ps4 for the same.......it has zero to do with it being ms or sony, it's just common sense.

In my first post I said if your done with your ps3 then this is a pretty good deal. Not everyone keeps there consoles forevor and not everyone has a backlog of games to play from the revious gen. Saving a 100 dollars on a new console that you want by selling a console that you may be done with is a no brainer. Not everyone will want to sell their ps3 beause their not done, but some are and im sure thats who Microsoft is targetng with this ad. 

Just sell your ps3 and get a ps4 is still a  better deal.Saves money, stays in the ecosystem.

What about those that want a xbox one and not a ps4. It works for them. 

Incredibly minimal appeal, that;s the point.

Around the Network
Mad55 said:
Lol funny. If sony said trade a 360 and get 100 off a ps4 we'd see alot more "Oh this is a great deal comments.". Honestly if your done with your ps3 and want a xbox one this isn't a bad deal. lol at people saying cragislist as if that system of selling things is a guaranteed thing.

Conversely to my latest statement in the thread, the cheapest retail 360 is selling for $100. So while I get the sentiment that PS fans would be hypocritical if the roles were reversed, it's not actually an apples to apples comparison because the 360 actually is worth $100 selling it, whereas the PS3 is worth more than $100 selling it. So if Sony ran a promotion like what MS is doing, it wouldn't be a "great deal"....it'd just be breaking even. But it would be more convenient going through this hypothetical Sony promotion since you could just get the value of the 360 up front instead of waiting or an eBay ad to sell or wait on Craigslist buyers. What MS is doing, however, is a straight rip off since the PS3 is worth more than what you'd be selling it form. Now if the hypothetical Sony promotion said "ditch your 360 and get $75 off a PS4", then PS fans should be called out on calling such a thing "a great deal". Tell me how PS3 and 360 have the same trade in value when one costs more than the other at retail. That'd be like NBA2K14 selling for the same amount as NBA2K13.

Not to mention to be able to keep your PS3 and its games and still only need $400 to get a next gen console...why only have one console when you can have two in this scenario? There's still games coming out for PS3. If it's all about spending $400 to get the next gen experience, then it's flat out dumb to give up the great games still coming to PS3 to get a XBone for $400....when you can just keep your PS3 (and still play the great games coming to it) and get a PS4 for $400.

And Craigslist is pretty reliable when it comes to selling stuff. You can't scoff at people referencing that if you want (it's really only damage control because you realize that this promotion by MS really isn't that good), but why don't you just go look at a PS3 listing right now and see if you find the same listing tomorrow, if it's priced reasonably. Chances are, you won't because people do and will use Craigslist. And if not Craigslist, then eBay

ArmGunar said:

BMaker11 said:
Nsanity said:
Imaginedvl said:
SweetTalia said:
Lol. Classic move from MS.. desperate but very good..

Love how you guys are overusing the "desperate" word, every normal marketing move from Microsoft is desperate...
Sure, looking at their results and all that they look really desperate :) I believe it more some of you who deseperately hoping

If it were any other company,  you would see comments like "Makes Sense" or "Great deal"

Because the "MS hate" is so seething and blinding that selling your PS3 for $100 "makes sense" and is a "great deal" if anyone besides MS wants you to do it.

Meanwhile, even the cheapest retail PS3 is selling for over $150 on eBay. But no, if, perhaps, Nintendo was doing this deal to get $100 off a Wii U, it would totally make sense

/sarcasm

You are totally missing the point here :) He is not saying that it is a great deal (neither I)... He was just responding to my post about the overuse of "desperate" while talking about Microsoft's very normal marketing moves by some people... The same people would defintely say something along the line of "Make sense" or "Good deal" if it was from another company for instance...

BMaker11 said:
Mad55 said:

Conversely to my latest statement in the thread, the cheapest retail 360 is selling for $100. So while I get the sentiment that PS fans would be hypocritical if the roles were reversed, it's not actually an apples to apples comparison because the 360 actually is worth $100 selling it, whereas the PS3 is worth more than $100 selling it. So if Sony ran a promotion like what MS is doing, it wouldn't be a "great deal"....it'd just be breaking even. But it would be more convenient going through this hypothetical Sony promotion since you could just get the value of the 360 up front instead of waiting or an eBay ad to sell or wait on Craigslist buyers. What MS is doing, however, is a straight rip off since the PS3 is worth more than what you'd be selling it form. Now if the hypothetical Sony promotion said "ditch your 360 and get $75 off a PS4", then PS fans should be called out on calling such a thing "a great deal". Tell me how PS3 and 360 have the same trade in value when one costs more than the other at retail. That'd be like NBA2K14 selling for the same amount as NBA2K13.

Not to mention to be able to keep your PS3 and its games and still only need $400 to get a next gen console...why only have one console when you can have two in this scenario? There's still games coming out for PS3. If it's all about spending $400 to get the next gen experience, then it's flat out dumb to give up the great games still coming to PS3 to get a XBone for $400....when you can just keep your PS3 (and still play the great games coming to it) and get a PS4 for $400.

And Craigslist is pretty reliable when it comes to selling stuff. You can't scoff at people referencing that if you want (it's really only damage control because you realize that this promotion by MS really isn't that good), but why don't you just go look at a PS3 listing right now and see if you find the same listing tomorrow, if it's priced reasonably. Chances are, you won't because people do and will use Craigslist. And if not Craigslist, then eBay

Like I said not everyone wants a ps4 some people have 360s and ps3's and want a xbox one and would be willing to trade in their old systems for it. For the people who still play their ps3's and 360s and are ready for the next few releases for those systems the ad is not aimed at you. 
@ bolded Cragilist is very soso in my opinion and I can scoff at them referencing it just like they scoffed at this microsoft promotion. I feel the promotion is alright depending on your gaming situation. I don't downplay things to fit my agenda.

Around the Network
FlamingWeazel said:
Mad55 said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Mad55 said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Mad55 said:

But it is a bad deal, you can keep your ps3 buy a ps4 for the same.......it has zero to do with it being ms or sony, it's just common sense.

In my first post I said if your done with your ps3 then this is a pretty good deal. Not everyone keeps there consoles forevor and not everyone has a backlog of games to play from the revious gen. Saving a 100 dollars on a new console that you want by selling a console that you may be done with is a no brainer. Not everyone will want to sell their ps3 beause their not done, but some are and im sure thats who Microsoft is targetng with this ad. 

Just sell your ps3 and get a ps4 is still a  better deal.Saves money, stays in the ecosystem.

The ad wasn't meant to set the world on fire. It's meant to appeal to certain people. Primarily those i have mentioned. 

Nsanity said:
arcane_chaos said:
what on earth will they do with those PS3's?

Recycle them or have a big game of Warhawk.

LOL!!! I like the way you think

Lol imagine if Sony gave people $100 towards PS4's for trading in 360's, and they could meet all the demand.
The war would be over within a matter of months.

fps_d0minat0r said:

Lol imagine if Sony gave people $100 towards PS4's for trading in 360's, and they could meet all the demand.
The war would be over within a matter of months.

Their stock would be over in days...

FlamingWeazel said:
Mad55 said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Mad55 said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Mad55 said:

hahaha you are so special.
The 3 million+ Xbox One users only bought the console, because the PS4 was not in stock.

Face it, the Xbox brand has a following.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...