By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Mad55 said:
BMaker11 said:
Mad55 said:
Lol funny. If sony said trade a 360 and get 100 off a ps4 we'd see alot more "Oh this is a great deal comments.". Honestly if your done with your ps3 and want a xbox one this isn't a bad deal. lol at people saying cragislist as if that system of selling things is a guaranteed thing.

Conversely to my latest statement in the thread, the cheapest retail 360 is selling for $100. So while I get the sentiment that PS fans would be hypocritical if the roles were reversed, it's not actually an apples to apples comparison because the 360 actually is worth $100 selling it, whereas the PS3 is worth more than $100 selling it. So if Sony ran a promotion like what MS is doing, it wouldn't be a "great deal"....it'd just be breaking even. But it would be more convenient going through this hypothetical Sony promotion since you could just get the value of the 360 up front instead of waiting or an eBay ad to sell or wait on Craigslist buyers. What MS is doing, however, is a straight rip off since the PS3 is worth more than what you'd be selling it form. Now if the hypothetical Sony promotion said "ditch your 360 and get $75 off a PS4", then PS fans should be called out on calling such a thing "a great deal". Tell me how PS3 and 360 have the same trade in value when one costs more than the other at retail. That'd be like NBA2K14 selling for the same amount as NBA2K13.

Not to mention to be able to keep your PS3 and its games and still only need $400 to get a next gen console...why only have one console when you can have two in this scenario? There's still games coming out for PS3. If it's all about spending $400 to get the next gen experience, then it's flat out dumb to give up the great games still coming to PS3 to get a XBone for $400....when you can just keep your PS3 (and still play the great games coming to it) and get a PS4 for $400.

And Craigslist is pretty reliable when it comes to selling stuff. You can't scoff at people referencing that if you want (it's really only damage control because you realize that this promotion by MS really isn't that good), but why don't you just go look at a PS3 listing right now and see if you find the same listing tomorrow, if it's priced reasonably. Chances are, you won't because people do and will use Craigslist. And if not Craigslist, then eBay

Like I said not everyone wants a ps4 some people have 360s and ps3's and want a xbox one and would be willing to trade in their old systems for it. For the people who still play their ps3's and 360s and are ready for the next few releases for those systems the ad is not aimed at you. 
@ bolded Cragilist is very soso in my opinion and I can scoff at them referencing it just like they scoffed at this microsoft promotion. I feel the promotion is alright depending on your gaming situation. I don't downplay things to fit my agenda.

It would be a respectable promotion if the value was there. But they're not gonna allow the trade value of a PS3 to be higher than their own product. It'll make it seem like their product is less valuable. So in that regard, the promotion is bunk. I don't think people's "gaming situation" should ever call for them to ever be shorted any money.

And I've never had an issue with Craigslist. I've sold games on it, bought my slim PS3 with it when my phat YLOD'd, and like I said, there's always eBay. I doubt you say eBay is so-so

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

Sony trolls MS at E3, so this is all fair I say.

Id say the deal makes it tempting. After all, X1 is being bought for the games, where as PS4 is being bought for the hype IMO.

It's also being bought for 1080p..

BOLLOCKS said:
sales2099 said:

Id say the deal makes it tempting. After all, X1 is being bought for the games, where as PS4 is being bought for the hype IMO.

Bravo, how origional.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:

sales2099 said:
BOLLOCKS said:
sales2099 said:

Bravo, how origional.

Wasn't a joke, having teh superior multi-plats/being cheaper helped teh 360, now it's helping teh PS4. It's not just hype.

Around the Network

Who...who would do that? Right now, the PS3 has more to offer. Hell, the 360 has more to offer than the Xbox one/PS4.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

sales2099 said:

Your opinion on the matter is irrelevant. Either it is or it isn't, whether you 'feel' that way or not. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

sales2099 said:

Dude, don't kid me, yourself or the rest of the internet. Both consoles are selling on hype and lots of promises.

Your bias is showing.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

sales2099 said:

Some people just had to play Ryse......

lol microsoft just want a playstation like the rest of us. keep digging M$