By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Generation 9 is already won for Nintendo

padib said:
Somini said:

This reminds me of the Wii will sell 200 million units thread!

Only that one had something minor to go on, this one has nothing at all. lol entertaining thread indeed.

Can you tell us what the other had to go on and how this has nothing to go on? In detail please.

For one, this one is based on the idea that with a unified platform, Nintendo can focus its software releases on one single platform, thereby doubling its library and userbase, althewhile cutting R&D expenditures and cost of OS development in half.

Can you explain how that's invalid?

Thanks.

By the way, your posts are entertaining, because they always have nothing at all to go on. You are the jester of vgchartz by excellence, so you fit perfectly in this thread.

lol indeed

Salty much for you? Let's see you make a point without attacking someone, that'll be the day.

At least when that thread was made the Wii was selling at PS4 levels. Your's is based on an idea that may:

1) never come to fruition

2) flop

3) could be implemented entirely different from what you're envisioning.

People thought the WiiU was going to take the market by storm, because it sounded good on paper, hell even i was planning to get one, until i saw the first reviews of the console that is.

Around the Network

multiverse confirmed???

I hate it when people use "can only be good for you" as the basis for an argument. i.e. "Competition between console manufacturers can only be good for gamers." Most annoying thing ever, means nothing, and makes me want to punch said person.  off topic but yeah, just sayin.

padib said:
Somini said:

Salty much for you? Let's see you make a point without attacking someone, that'll be the day.

At least when that thread was made the Wii was selling at PS4 levels. Your's is based on an idea that may:

1) never come to fruition

2) flop

3) could be implemented entirely different from what you're envisioning.

People thought the WiiU was going to take the market by storm, because it sounded good on paper, hell even i was planning to get one, until i saw the first reviews of the console that is.

@underlined. Umm, look at the what 100 posts I made in the past 2 days as well as the many threads, I never attack unless the user is intentionally trying to sabotage a thread and a community. (Yes, you)

As for your counter-argument:

It's already done, Nintendo has unified its development plants of the home and portable consoles and will unify the API and OS platform, it's not a question:

Last year we also started a project to integrate the architecture for our future platforms. What we mean by integrating platforms is not integrating handhelds devices and home consoles to make only one machine. What we are aiming at is to integrate the architecture to form a common basis for software development so that we can make software assets more transferrable, and operating systems and their build-in applications more portable, regardless of form factor or performance of each platform. They will also work to avoid software lineup shortages or software development delays which tend to happen just after the launch of new hardware.

Some time ago it was technologically impossible to have the same architecture for handheld devices and home consoles and what we did was therefore reasonable. Although it has not been long since we began to integrate the architecture and this will have no short-term result, we believe that it will provide a great benefit to our platform business in the long run. I am covering this topic as today is our Corporate Management Policy Briefing.

This isn't speculation, it's official Nintendo statement. You using WiiU speculation as a counter-argument is incorrect.

I see. Your whole argument consists of ''i'm right'' and ''you're not'', how original.

I read the OP and followed the meeting yesterday and i've missed where this amazing tech that's gonna take gen 9 by storm is coming from.

But hey it's your thread, so keep on ''informing'' us.

Unless they invent the holodeck, the answer is no.

Around the Network

Very interesting future if you ask me. I hope it plays out well for Nintendo, and us fans.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

padib said:
Somini said:

I see. Your whole argument consists of ''i'm right'' and ''you're not'', how original.

I read the OP and followed the meeting yesterday and i've missed where this amazing tech that's gonna take gen 9 by storm is coming from.

You compared an official announcement of a company direction (merged plants, merged API and merged OS) to speculation on WiiU sales, please inform me how you're not wrong.

You missed the amazing tech because you want to stay blind to it.

What part of:

• Double the games library on the unified platform
  • Double the userbase on the unified platform
  • Half the R&D expenses total
Did you not understand?

You seem enlightened, so help me;

How does this translate to "they have won gen 9"?

Chicken counting before the eggs are even layed. That's about all one can say. Nintendo seems to have done some useful navel gazing, but there's a long way to go from idea to implementation to marketing.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

ktay95 said:
padib said:
@Jizz. I can taste it, the sweet taste of victory.

that didnt sound right at all =P

LMFAO! I can't believe I didn't notice that. I must be slippin on pimpin.

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

padib said:
Somini said:

You compared an official announcement of a company direction (merged plants, merged API and merged OS) to speculation on WiiU sales, please inform me how you're not wrong.

You missed the amazing tech because you want to stay blind to it.

What part of:

• Double the games library on the unified platform
  • Double the userbase on the unified platform
  • Half the R&D expenses total
Did you not understand?

It doesn't really change the more fundamental problem that Nintendo has -- a lot of people simply don't care for the same Nintendo franchises, so just doubling up the number of Mario/Zelda/Pokemon games doesn't neccessarily create great appeal. 

Double the game library doesn't neccessarily mean double the audience.