By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Generation 9 is already won for Nintendo

I want to go in the same time machine you went into

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

or it could go completely the oposite...who knows...the market is a lil bitch and in such a volatile environment things should not be taken for granted

Third parties will still support the Playstation 5/XBox Two instead. So no.

It will help Nintendo (having a more unified hardware strucutre) but it's not a silver bullet.

LMAO

If Nintendo merges their portable and home console what does that mean for third parties?  Sounds like they are gonna be pushing them away even more since third parties would have to make their games run on both.

Around the Network
padib said:
@Jizz. I can taste it, the sweet taste of victory.

that didnt sound right at all =P

The most interesting things I got out of the presentation are DS games on Wii U, and some kind of game (mileage) rewards program.

The Nintendo account stuff is not going to be a competitive advantage, just something they are really behind on and need to catch up.

Health gimmick will be... a health gimmick.

My 8th gen collection

padib said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

If Nintendo merges their portable and home console what does that mean for third parties?  Sounds like they are gonna be pushing them away even more since third parties would have to make their games run on both.

3rd parties have made it clear that they aren't interested in developing for a weaker platform.

But regardless, they become honestly a side-concept when Nintendo can dedicate all their dev man-power to one unified platform. It become no contest.

Even if Nintendo did dedicate all their dev power to one console they wouldn't even be able to put out 1 game a month, while the PS5 and X2 are getting multiple games a month.  Also you have to take into consideration with this format each game is gonna require more effort as Nintendo has to make 2 versions of each game.

Isn't it a bit early to be talking about gen 9?

This might be good for those who are already Nintendo fans, but I don't see how this affects the rest of us? Two platforms that we didn't go for will now become one platform we won't go for?