By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Generation 9 is already won for Nintendo

Hynad said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

The owners card?  All you have to do is look at my games collection, the games were added months ago, nice try though.

Don't even try! You're obviously a hater! The only reason you buy all those Nintendo consoles is because you're a masochist! Don't even try to deny it!!

Your gonna blow my cover!

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Hynad said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

The owners card?  All you have to do is look at my games collection, the games were added months ago, nice try though.

Don't even try! You're obviously a hater! The only reason you buy all those Nintendo consoles is because you're a masochist! Don't even try to deny it!!

Your gonna blow my cover!

Seriously though, I have a Wii U, and I like it quite a lot. In fact, I went with the Wii U when they released the WW HD pack, instead of waiting and get a PS4 or XBO at launch. And I'm a Sony guy when it comes to hardware.

That being said, as much as I enjoy the console, there are valid criticism to be made about it and the way Nintendo is handling it so far. It's not hating to pinpoint and complain about those issues. I've been a fan of Nintendo since the NES days. In fact, I've enjoyed their games since the Atari/Colecovision era, with the original Donkey Kong games. I don't count the hours I spent playing each Super Mario Bros. games, Metroid, every Zelda games, DKC, etc... Their franchises have had a soft spot in my gaming history and they continue to do so to this day.

But the Wii U has its problems, no one can deny that. ListerOfSmeg is not providing anything to the discussion by doing his typical act of complaining and calling "HATERS!!!" any people who voice their issues about the current state of Nintendo. 

Nintendo needs to overhaul the way they market the console. They need to secure/release content that caters to a wider demographic (not just the hardcore fans, like it's been so far for the U). They need to improve the performance of their OS. It has 1GB of RAM reserved for it, and it's still running 'effin slow. It shouldn't take that long to get into your friends list, for example. And really... Why can't we chat (text or voice) between us, anytime? I love Miiverse, but what's the point of having a friends list, if all you can do is comment on some random stuff they post on Miiverse? Make us feel connected between our friends, dammit!

In any case, to reiterate, unlike what Smeagol thinks, it's not automatically hating on something if you voice a negative opinion about some aspects of a product or company.

padib said:
Jizz. I can taste it

O.O Oh dear...

OT: I hope Nintendo can at least pull 2nd place when everything is said and done. That would be great after the sad start.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

If they have a console and a handhelds with the same games, wouldn't most people just buy the handheld because It's cheaper?

padib said:
Spam-Box-360 said:
If they have a console and a handhelds with the same games, wouldn't most people just buy the handheld because It's cheaper?

It wouldn't matter, because as long as games are being sold Nintendo makes money. The availability of two platforms is mostly for user convenience, to offer them an option. The money would be made either way and most profits would instead be made on Software (which is much more logical as many console loss-lead nowadays).

I'm not sure that's what they're doing though. It seems to me they are just going to merge the Eshop and have very similar architecture, that they are familiar with on both of the systems to save time so they cab avoid droughts. The way you think it is would kill their console business.

Around the Network
padib said:
Spam-Box-360 said:

I'm not sure that's what they're doing though. It seems to me they are just going to merge the Eshop and have very similar architecture, that they are familiar with on both of the systems. The way you think it is would kill their console business.

The aim is to sell games, not protect a console business. If their platforms are unified and customers choose where they play, as long as games are sold Nintendo really doesn't care. They're making money.

Then they would be wasting money on making two consoles, since they only need one with that approach. 

padib said:

Last year we also started a project to integrate the architecture for our future platforms. What we mean by integrating platforms is not integrating handhelds devices and home consoles to make only one machine. What we are aiming at is to integrate the architecture to form a common basis for software development so that we can make software assets more transferrable, and operating systems and their build-in applications more portable, regardless of form factor or performance of each platform. They will also work to avoid software lineup shortages or software development delays which tend to happen just after the launch of new hardware.

Some time ago it was technologically impossible to have the same architecture for handheld devices and home consoles and what we did was therefore reasonable. Although it has not been long since we began to integrate the architecture and this will have no short-term result, we believe that it will provide a great benefit to our platform business in the long run. I am covering this topic as today is our Corporate Management Policy Briefing.

So basically a unified developer API and a unified OS with scalability built-in.

"more transferrable" and "more portable" doesn't mean no extra work. 

assets can be transferred so you aren't starting from scratch but that doesn't eliminate platform specific optimizations.  it doesn't eliminate platform specific QA.

engine scalablity != game scalability.

This reminds me of the Wii will sell 200 million units thread!

Only that one had something minor to go on, this one has nothing at all. lol entertaining thread indeed.

Yeah... It's a nice thought. I'll believe it when I see it. I think a lot of this is based on Nintendo flawlessly executing everything they've set out to do. Doesn't usually happen that way in reality, though. Wasn't Wii U supposed to be the world's first home console that was equally satisfying to both casual and hardcore gamers? How is that vision working out?

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Somini said:

This reminds me of the Wii will sell 200 million units thread!

Only that one had something minor to go on, this one has nothing at all. lol entertaining thread indeed.

Oh the guy who called my thread a nintendo fanboy thread even though it was apple thread. What is this, is he doing a drive-by comment in which he won't respond to the actual thread because he likes not adding anything to threads? Color me shocked.

On-topic. If you add the games that nintendo release this this year on 3ds and Wiiu. You can see that they could had a game every month on a single system. That would be the greatest system ever. It's needs to be the handheld market because the AAA market isn't stable. They post great profits and great software without worrying about the "other" system.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max