By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Generation 9 is already won for Nintendo

Nintendo only wins if there will be an ip that combines all there greatest hits. Name it ''Nintendo World'', you can drive like in Mario Kart, levels like in 3d Mario, shooting like in Metroid and ik will be openworld like in 'hopefully' the next zelda. Boommm.

Let the millions come in.

Around the Network
pauluzzz1981 said:

Nintendo only wins if there will be an ip that combines all there greatest hits. Name it ''Nintendo World'', you can drive like in Mario Kart, levels like in 3d Mario, shooting like in Metroid and ik will be openworld like in 'hopefully' the next zelda. Boommm.

or they could continue with different games and sell all of them full price instead of just one

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Haha a joke thread.

platformmaster918 said:
pauluzzz1981 said:

or they could continue with different games and sell all of them full price instead of just one

But it's a mmo something. So monthly fee. And continue to produce individual games.

I dunno about winning the 9th gen but I do know that they are taking a step in the right direction!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

How do you know there will be a 9th generation?

DanneSandin said:
I like where Nintendo is going with this unified hybrid, but will this mean that they'll win gen 9? No. We don't know what Sony and MS will do a gen from now, we don't know if Apple or Samsung or Google will make a competing platform.

3rd party support is essential to win a gen, and if Nintendo swamps their hybrid console with their own games, there will be no room for 3rd parties...

This!

I believe the 9th generation will be very crowded. It will not only consist of Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo - but also Apple, and Google. I believe everyone of them will operate multiple devices under a single API. They will have equal 3rd party support, but Nintendo's strength will come from their numerically superior 1st party output. A single API/OS/Architecture means there will no longer be any gamedrought ever again. (You realise Nintendo publish on average 30 games each year?)

padib said:
ICStats said:
The most interesting things I got out of the presentation are DS games on Wii U, and some kind of game (mileage) rewards program.

The Nintendo account stuff is not going to be a competitive advantage, just something they are really behind on and need to catch up.

Health gimmick will be... a health gimmick.

Read the transcript. It goes way beyond account unification. The systems are going to be brothers, in essence sharing a unified API much like Unity, and the OS will be largely one a port of the other, they will be symbiotic.

What that means is that all Nintendo's internal dev firepower can be concentrated on one single platform.

Nintendo basically wins and it's a no-contest. They simply cannot lose in that scenario.

ps4/vita are "like brothers" in the way they are describing things.  iwata specifically cited apple's approach and even with apple, apps have seperate releases between iphone and ipad.  it will be relatively easy to port back and forth but it still won't be effortless.  

this is important because of 3rd parties, if they have to add even a little bit of extra effort they won't be happy.  having to create 1.2 games instead of 1 to support both sides of this unified platform is 20% too much effort.  

so if they don't garner 3rd parties than it's up to nintendo.  even with all of nintendo on this one unified platform i still don't think they can make enough game to be viewed as relavant. 

throw on top of that, sony is launching ps now soon and MS is strongly rumored to have their own service.   years from now that will be a decent chunck of the gaming market.  by no means 100% but even if it ~30% that's 30% of the market nintendo isn't getting.   they will be, once again, a generation behind the competition.

i don't know who is going to win gen 9,... but if this is nintendo's approach i'd say they are out of the running.

ListerOfSmeg said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
padib said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Oh didn't know that, even so I'd say making a powerhouse console on par with PS5/X2 would be a better option.  Have the portable with the console gimmick if they really want, but let it be OPTIONAL and not take away resources from the console like the tablet did with the Wii U.

How would that make it a better option business-wise? Is it helping them keep costs down? Would it allow them to unify the consoles?

Whatever Nintendo does they are against it and its always the wrong way. No matter what some people cannot put their hate for Nintendo aside.

Now had this been a Sony announcement it would have been exactly what was needed and would justify blind loyalty to them. You will learn in time that some members cannot be reasoned with. They simply see the name Nintendo and hate it. Even when you proved him wrong, he simply changed his stance so he could continue to say what they were doing was wrong.

Lol ofc, anything negative has to be a Nintendo hater, pull out that victim card.  Forget the fact that I have a Wii U and 3DS and have probably bought more games for it than most of the people on this site.

lol ofc play the owners card so it justifies your stance. typical response and no you are not just being negative. You are hating on everything being said by them and even when you are wrong you simply change your stance to keep on hating but keep think its just me picking on you while your post history shows a clear hate for anything Nintendo.

The owners card?  All you have to do is look at my games collection, the games were added months ago, nice try though.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
ListerOfSmeg said:

Whatever Nintendo does they are against it and its always the wrong way. No matter what some people cannot put their hate for Nintendo aside.

Now had this been a Sony announcement it would have been exactly what was needed and would justify blind loyalty to them. You will learn in time that some members cannot be reasoned with. They simply see the name Nintendo and hate it. Even when you proved him wrong, he simply changed his stance so he could continue to say what they were doing was wrong.

Lol ofc, anything negative has to be a Nintendo hater, pull out that victim card.  Forget the fact that I have a Wii U and 3DS and have probably bought more games for it than most of the people on this site.

lol ofc play the owners card so it justifies your stance. typical response and no you are not just being negative. You are hating on everything being said by them and even when you are wrong you simply change your stance to keep on hating but keep think its just me picking on you while your post history shows a clear hate for anything Nintendo.

The owners card?  All you have to do is look at my games collection, the games were added months ago, nice try though.

Don't even try! You're obviously a hater! The only reason you buy all those Nintendo consoles is because you're a masochist! Don't even try to deny it!!