By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Convince me to buy a Wii U

This is my first thread ever =)

For the record my current consoles are PSVita, PS3, and PS4. I also game on my PC some

I have been going back and forth with a Wii U for a while now and honestly I really want a (good) excuse to buy one. So I want Nintendo fans to show me that I will get my 250$ worth out of it if I buy it. You can also post as to why I should not buy one but please do not make this a Wii U bashing thread as I am genuinly interested in the system but I can not bring myself to say it is worth 250$ to me. I am curious if Nintendo fans can show me the light. My GF also has a PS3/PS4 and would enjoy Nintendo games if you want to use that some how.

But please note that the PS3/PS4 will always be my primary consoles, so 3rd party games play no factor. It is my desire to play Nintendo games that is the largest factor.

Around the Network

If the price tag was $199 and it came with the pro controller, not that awkward touchpad it would be a much easier sell.

It seems like your girlfriend has a genuine interest in videogames too. I'm sure you'll have a blast together playing SM3DW and Nintendo Land, as well as DK and Mario Kart this spring.

3D World, Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, and Smash Bros. + Used Wii U = Solution.

Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, X, Bayonetta 2. If you have the money GET IT !

Around the Network

You probably already know what games are out for it and what's coming up, so I will say, the gamepad is cooler than it seems and all the crying about online/graphics/whatever is just that: crying. If you like Nintendo games the Wii U is excellent. And with the dames coming this year it will get progressively more excellent.

I always check out the games and upcoming games before buying to see if it'll appeal to me. This way I avoid buyers remorse.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Welcome to the site!

Allow me to make my pitch: I've owned every Nintendo except for the Gameboy, and really thought the Wii was an excellent console. I have not purchased a Wii U, and very likely won't until X comes out. It's going to have even less third-party games than Nintendo's previous three home consoles, and Nintendo's first-party output seems to be slowing this generation. On the other hand, it'll probably still be the best local multiplayer console.

Hope that helps!

mjo011 said:
It seems like your girlfriend has a genuine interest in videogames too. I'm sure you'll have a blast together playing SM3DW and Nintendo Land, as well as DK and Mario Kart this spring.

Yeah, that is a large factor. Also am a HUGE FAN of old Zelda's (loved the SNES/N64 Zeldas)

If only playing Nintendo games isn't an issue for you, then I'd say Wii U would be good for you. Buuuut, if money is tight, I wouldn't be in such a rush the buy one just yet. The longer you wait, the cheaper it will be, and the library will be bigger.

Despite some downsides, I do generally enjoy my Wii U. It's a fun system that just needs a few more heavy-hitting games to strengthen its library.