By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Metroid Prime 3 Vs. Halo 3 sales (discussion)

Well we all know 360 is made for Halo as apposed to Halo being made for 360,

But with the sales power of the Wii can Metroid Prime 3 scratch the sales of Halo 3?

Of course not, But I think it will do better then Metroid Prime 2 Vs. Halo 2.

Around the Network

if it has good online multiplayer (with multiple modes), then I could see it selling very well. Not Halo levels, but very well. Of course, I doubt the Multiplayer will be anything other than shocking. But I'll be happy if I can play with my friends w/voice chat.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Well I don't know how it could do worse than MP2 vs Halo 2. MP vs Halo wasn't too bad, MP did around 40-45% of Halo sales I think. MP2 was more like 20%. I could see Halo 3 doing in the 5-7 million region like the previous 2. MP3 I think would do half that, realistically if it does 33% Nintendo can be happy.

That being said there are two great unknowns for MP3. First, it hasn't sold well in Japan where 30% of Wiis will be owned.  Will going to a more FPS style help it enough that it's worth writing off 200k or so sales in Japan?  Second, is this the title that proves the Wiimote for FPS' and the Wii for online multiplayer? If it is it could be the Wii sports for the hard core gaming crowd. I think there is promise on both accounts, Wii FPS controls were almost there in several games (it is a new control method so not surprising that the first games didn't implement it well) and MP:Hunters has a great online multiplayer mode that sees 32,000 players a day with fewer than 1 million in sales. As with its more FPS style we'll have to see.

Halo 3 will propably have releases closer to each other in diffent regions, and Corruption have 3-6 months between regions. Halo 3 will outsell Corruption, because it gets more hype everywhere due to its wide release. Second basis is that 360 has userbase that is more targeted towards FPS:s. 3rd, Halo series seems to be more popular than Metroid Prime series. 4th reason for what i think is, that Halo 3 continues the story, from where Halo 2 ended, so if you want to know how the story ens, you have to buy the game. I think Corruption sells 35-45% compared to Halo 3:s sales. But i see Metroid Prime 3 move more systems than Halo 3. And that is because of the 360 userbase already being focused towards FPS:s.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

I agree bdbdbd, I also think MP3 will move more systems than the new Halo. As great as Halo will be the crowd that is going to buy an XBOX pretty much has. I believe the Wii, if they can get a hold of supply issues will move any supply available at the time MP3 hits the stores. 

And on a side note. 

albionus, is your screen name from where you are from? There is an Albion in Indiana that my wife teaches at. That would be freaky.

--

http://www.subodesign.com

Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Guitar Hero III, Ghost Squad, Super Mario Galaxy, Wii Sports, Wii Play

I also think that Halo 3 will sell better becaused the great hype but I can't see it move so much Hardware like MP3 I bet Halo3 will sell 6-7 million by end of March while MP3 2-3 million by end of March

My dog is way beyond my ranking list than you.

Din Apekatt  

Legend11 said:
I really can't see MP3 moving more systems than Halo 3. But I guess time will tell.

Same here. I know a few people who just bought a 360 or are just starting to plan to buy one in anticipation of Halo 3. I don't believe Metroid has the console moving power anymore that it did back in the NES/SNES days.

With that said, I'll own them both. :D 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

DOnt be disallusioned only the hardest of the hardcore but Metroid i find it really boring. Hmm They will both flop in jp ( Metroid will sell more) Europe is wher Halo will win and the Us as well i think the best Metroid can do is 15- 18 percent of what halo can. Unfortunately they will both outsell Killzone2 unless Sony wows us at E3 or ther is a price reduction.