By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Metroid Prime 3 Vs. Halo 3 sales (discussion)

Legend11 said:

Just wanted to say I agree with RocketPig... Games like Grand Theft Auto 4, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Too Human, etc will give people a lot of games to play on the 360. It's going to be a busy year for gamers...

If you like those types of games, definitely.  If not..... :(

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Around the Network
vanguardian1 said:
Legend11 said:

Just wanted to say I agree with RocketPig... Games like Grand Theft Auto 4, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Too Human, etc will give people a lot of games to play on the 360. It's going to be a busy year for gamers...

If you like those types of games, definitely.  If not..... :(

By the end of the year, the only major genre I can think of that the 360 will be lacking in is platformers. It's one of the reasons I bought a Wii. I love Ninty's platformers and the 360 is lacking in them.

Is there another genre that I'm missing here?

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

We all know Halo 3 will be a beast. But MP3 worries me. Oh how it worries me that it won't live up to what we're expecting.  I'm cautiously optimistic, but visions of redsteel run through my head* I guess we'll just wait and see.

*obviously MP3 will be better than redsteel. I just mean in the regards that the controls won't live up to expectations. 

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

No. MP3 will be a great game and I don't really care for Halo. However, Halo has a much larger fan base than Metroid Prime and will definately sell more. I think MP3 has potential to sell well, maybe more than MP1 due to the possibility of best console FPS and hopefully a really good online mode. But it will definately not sell more than Halo 3.

Am I the only one who loved Red Steel's gunplay controls? :(

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Around the Network

This is nuts. Metroid wont move nearly as many systems nor sell nearly as many copies as Halo3 PERIOD.

Where do you guys get this stuff? It will however be a great game, and will set the standard likely for fps controls on the Wii as 3rd parties seem to be great at copying. Once Nintendo/Retro does fps controls right the rest will just emulate the hell out of it. 

if MP3 can truly rival M/KB on a console... then word of mouth about this accomplishment will spread like wildfire and it will sell like crazy, which could potentially bring it to about 3/4 of halo sales... If word doesn't spread like wildfire though... it'll sell about half of what Halo sells.

After reading all the posts. This is my theory. The only way MP3 will sell more hardware is IF and i mean IF the game controls rival that of PC keyboard and mouse in accuracy. Then there will be a sudden need for everyone to try this out and it will become a must have game cause all the buzz of how awesome and natural the controls feel . However if its controls arn't tight then i do not see it selling much hardware with it.

MP3 will be affected in sales strongly as the strong competition it has between Galaxy and Brawl. It's going to be fighting for sales so I wonder how high numbers it can put up. But if it has online then it will double in size over that of MP1. With online this game could sale more than 5-6 million. It would be that big huge online game shooter that NIntendo needed. Brawl would still be the key online title but MP3 would be the big shooter online title. Wii's Resistance in perspective. Brawl being Wii's Halo. But I think MP3 will sale better than any Prime title before it so w'ell just wait and see. Without online I think a solid 4 milion. With it will be a hell of a lot more.

Problem is I don't knwo if nintendo will put in online, cause there is alot of hardcored metroid fans that do not want online in it cause they want it to bejsu tliek the other ones since the NES days. Personally I hope they don't listen to them since they will just forgive and buy the game anyway. Nintnedo needs killer online app to show other developers that online games can succeed on a nintnedo console