By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Metroid Prime 3 Vs. Halo 3 sales (discussion)

@mariozeldametroid: any big FPS on 360 will outsell any big game on Wii for the next year from today (exept Sports and Play). It's because of it's more focused userbase. Wiis userbase varies much more than 360:s. You could think that there are always some Wii owners who are interested in one game type, but theres no game that would move the majority of Wii owners to get that game. I see potential surprise in Corruption, and potential flop in SSBB (why is that, you may ask. It's becase Brawl doesn't use the Remotes special features in its main game and these features are pretty much the reason why people buy Wiis). Btw. The biggest selling GC game was Mario Kart DD. And the diffence between XB and GC was 2-3 million units sold.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

Prediction:  Halo 3 > Halo 2, MP3 > MP2, but Halo 3 outsells MP3 at about 5:1.  And Killzone 2 will bomb, mark my words, unless it is somehow light years beyond the first in more than graphics.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

elprincipe said:
Prediction:  Halo 3 > Halo 2, MP3 > MP2, but Halo 3 outsells MP3 at about 5:1.  And Killzone 2 will bomb, mark my words, unless it is somehow light years beyond the first in more than graphics.

I don't get why people are listing Killzone as a "killer app" for the PS3. The first one was very mediocre and generally received ho-hum reviews from everybody. Maybe the second one will be better but I wouldn't hold my breath. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
elprincipe said:
Prediction: Halo 3 > Halo 2, MP3 > MP2, but Halo 3 outsells MP3 at about 5:1. And Killzone 2 will bomb, mark my words, unless it is somehow light years beyond the first in more than graphics.

I don't get why people are listing Killzone as a "killer app" for the PS3. The first one was very mediocre and generally received ho-hum reviews from everybody. Maybe the second one will be better but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Because Sony fans are desperate for a Killer App that will sell their beloved console.

The killer apps are there (GT, FF) but they're too far away for their happiness, so they make up new ones. 

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

If MP3 has online multiplayer (and it's good) then yes, I think they more than stand a chance to keep up with Halo 3, but that's only with multiplayer online. Multiplayer was what sold so many copies of Halo and Halo 2. MP3 NEEDS it if it is to have a chance at competing.

If they do that, it could easily be considered THE killer online app for the Wii.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks