By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Metroid Prime 3 Vs. Halo 3 sales (discussion)

I agree. I can see alot of PC FPS gamers getting a Wii if the controls are right on MP3 AND if the online is very good. Will it be bigger then halo? Don't think so, but everyone thought PS3 would easily out sell the Wii, so Stranger things HAVE happened.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

Around the Network

can we include Unreal Tournament 3.. since we all should know it has way better Multi-Player then Halo 3..

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Metroid Purists won't mind multiplayer too much as long as they don't feel the single-player game is harmed in the process.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

I think that Halo 3 will sell more then 10 million copies So many kids in my school are planning on buying a 360 just for that

vanguardian1 said:
Metroid Purists won't mind multiplayer too much as long as they don't feel the single-player game is harmed in the process.

As a Metroid purist, I agree.  Some multiplayer that isn't very Metroid in nature is fine with me...Metroid Prime Hunter's game is decent...if they could pump that up, add more features, make it a smoother experience, I can see MP3's multiplayer being a success.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
vanguardian1 said:
Am I the only one who loved Red Steel's gunplay controls? :(
I didn't love them but I didn't think Red Steels controls were as bad as everyone seems to say.  2nd best FPS controls so far behind CoD3 IMO.
I think MP3 could easily move systems.  Especially should Nintendo drop the price this Christmas to $200 (either by lowering it or removing Wii Sports) MP3 will not be an expensive buy for hard core gamers.  Assuming again that it is online and FPS like and proves the Wii's FPS and online capabilities it could turn into a major hit for the hard core crowd.  Also MP3 should hit around the time of Smash Bros, the best selling fighting game of all time (if I'm not mistaken) and the one game that got hard core gamers to buy a GameCube.  $300-350 (no price drop) for those two could be quite an enticing proposition for many gamers, assuming the Wii is well supplied then.  If MP3 doesn't turn out to be exciting to anyone outside of the Metriod fanbase I don't think it will move systems just because most Metroid fans have either already bought a Wii or will buy one anyways.

Andrew said:
I think that Halo 3 will sell more then 10 million copies So many kids in my school are planning on buying a 360 just for that

And this is the people who buy mature titles. Kids, i mean. @Vanguardian: you're not the only one, most people i have talked to have loved RedSteels gunplay controls. Btw, IGN UK gave 80% rating for RedSteel and they also liked the gunplay.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

360 needed halo3 to move the system. wii doesn't really since the demand is still insane. But, mp3 will be what nintendo has to put out to prove it's controllers superior for fps. Something like a make or brake, i suppose.

"Will it be bigger then halo? Don't think so, but everyone thought PS3 would easily out sell the Wii, so Stranger things HAVE happened." Don't be surprise if it outsell Halo 3. Just my thought..

Metroid Prime 3 must sell 1,2 maybe 3 million copy's but not more. Metroid must remain world's best cult-gamefranchise. Halo is THE hit for Microsoft, so I expect a minimum of 8 million copy's, maybe it will even cross the 10 million. What we should ask ourselves: who will do better? Halo 3 (as halo 2 was the killer-app for xbox 1) or SSBB (predecessor melee had comparible numbers on gamecube) I know, Halo 2 sold more than a million copy's more than melee, in a shorter time, but the xbox userbase was almost 10 million units bigger than the gamecube userbase.