By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Metroid Prime 3 Vs. Halo 3 sales (discussion)

Halo 3 will definitely sell more. What else are Xbox360 owners going to play? They've already finished Gears of War. I don't think it's going to move that many systems though. I don't think Metroid is going to move systems either.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Around the Network

3 million is unlikely for Metroid Prime 3, unfortunately. It's not nearly enough of a "mainstream" title. The original Metroid Prime, considered by a lot of people to be one of the greatest games ever made, still never even broke 3 million sold worldwide LTD. Hell, it's rated #3 on www.gamerankings.com while halo holds #9. Sometimes it don't matter how good a game is, it's sales will be limited if it doe not have the "mass appeal" factor of titles like Halo. :(

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=15092&type=wmv&pl=game

Still looks scw33t as hell though. :)

*day 1 purchaser* 

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

mancandy said:
Halo 3 will definitely sell more. What else are Xbox360 owners going to play?

Uh... GTA IV, Forza 2, Dead Rising, GRAW 2, RS:V, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Oblivion, Lost Planet, Eternal Sonata, DMC4...

I don't get your point. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I see Halo 3 selling upwards of 7-8 million by the time the 360 is done. Metroid Prime 3 will probably sell about 2-2.5 million.

rocketpig said:
mancandy said:

Uh... GTA IV, Forza 2, Dead Rising, GRAW 2, RS:V, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Oblivion, Lost Planet, Eternal Sonata, DMC4...

I don't get your point. 

My point is that you're going to buy it. Most of the games you mentioned haven't been released yet. So what's your point?

Around the Network
mancandy said:
rocketpig said:
mancandy said:

I don't get your point. 

My point is that you're going to buy it. Most of the games you mentioned haven't been released yet. So what's your point?

Over half the games I listed will be out before Halo 3. It sounds to me like somebody just wants to take a cheapshot at the 360 and troll a thread.

rocketpig said:
Legend11 said:
I really can't see MP3 moving more systems than Halo 3. But I guess time will tell.

Same here. I know a few people who just bought a 360 or are just starting to plan to buy one in anticipation of Halo 3. I don't believe Metroid has the console moving power anymore that it did back in the NES/SNES days.

With that said, I'll own them both. :D 

Theres a couple of things why MP3 is seen as a system mover (outside Japan, of course), first it's considered as a big release. Second that game is pretty much considered as the one that shows how good Wii Remote can be in FPS:s (i don't think that they spoil the controls, and therefore it has potential to surprise). Third, Wiis userbase ovbiously at the moment isn't people who like FPS:s. And fourth, since Wii is cheaper than 360, a single game has more impact in system sales on Wii, than what a single game has on 360. Oh, and of course i assume, that Wii don't have supply issues at the time Corruption comes out.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

rocketpig said:
mancandy said:
rocketpig said:
mancandy said:

I don't get your point. 

Over half the games I listed will be out before Halo 3. It sounds to me like somebody just wants to take a cheapshot at the 360 and troll a thread.

Cheapshot? It was a valid question, thanks for answering it. Now I know what 360 owners will be playing. My point is that if you own a 360, more than likely, you will own Halo 3.

Ah, okay, my mistake. Sometimes one has a tendency to get testy on this forum, lest the fanboys come out of the dark and smack one over the head from behind.