By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony is too cheap, And it's annoying me!

Mr Puggsly said:
DucksUnlimited said:
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Sony can make their own games. They've never needed to moneyhat a shit ton of games. Microsoft isn't in their league when it comes to first party development.

Consumers seem to think MS's software is pretty good. As I've mentioned before, MS sold significantly more software in the 7th gen than Sony.

Link?

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=&publisher=10313&platform=X360&genre=&minSales=0.01&results=100

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=&publisher=1535&platform=PS3&genre=&minSales=0.01&results=200

and where is "the last of us?

yes the games missing won't be 40 million like the gap is, but it shows the site has some of the sony titles split. In adition to sony selling software on the psp as well 7th gen. There also were more games there for the ps3 than for the 360.

It would also be interesting to see how the bundles balance out. Because both have had pleanty but I don't know if sony had enough to make up for kinect adventures and its almost 21 million sales.

Around the Network

Sony has many first party studios that can work on exclusive games for the PS4, they don't need to endlessly moneyhat third party publishers. Their financial position doesn't allow them to make big moneyhats anyway.

The race is not for the swift, My friend. Microsoft moved too fast with 1st party titles at launch and blew their load. You think they're going to give a shit about 1st parties when the X1 is on it's feet? Just look how dismal the 360's 1st part library was.
What difference does buying the Gears IP make? It was exclusive before and now it's still exclusive.

DucksUnlimited said:
Mr Puggsly said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=&publisher=10313&platform=X360&genre=&minSales=0.01&results=100

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=&publisher=1535&platform=PS3&genre=&minSales=0.01&results=200

Thanks, didn't realize you could do it by publisher!

I would've expected a bigger gap, honestly, given the 360's extra year on the market, much higher marketing spending, plus the fact that it had the bigger install base for the vast majority of its life. And even then, without pack-in Kinect Adventures they'd be about even.

Some of your points are worth considering.

However, it should be noted Americans tend to buy more games and that gave MS an advantage. Also, MS had more success with the casual market. Kinect is responsible for a good chunk of 1st party sales.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

tagged

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
The Order 1886 is a third party game. Did you forget that?

Second Party

E3 is not here yet and people already saying which system has the most exclusives?
like one year or two will decide that. Lol

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Wonktonodi said:
Mr Puggsly said:

and where is "the last of us?

Good catch, I didn't notice that.

I think Last of Us is the only noteworthy title missing though.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

cura said:
Dead Rising 3 is a first party game considering MS published it.

From Wikipedia: "However, a first-party game is a title which needs only to have been published by the manufacturer of the console (regardless of who owns the IP of the game)[citation needed]. Examples of externally produced first-party games are the Gears of War, Heavy Rain, and Ratchet & Clank series."

@bold - You really should not take these lines from wiki as quote, ever.

Not sure if you know what that french bracketed thing means but you will know that wiki is completely open to editing and additions by everyone, 1 person has wrote something into the terminology of first party game which is baseless and and other users will slap that tag on it means which questions how valid the statement is and requires that the writer then find a source for what he has written within a short enough time period or the article will revert to what it was before they added the uncited information.

The reason I say you shouldn't quote these lines from wiki is a lot of time people who write stuff based on opinion rather than fact will go and look on other sites to see if there is any mention of what they reckon to be true to put in as the reference for what they have suggested, often a person can even find someone doing what you have done right there and they will end up referencing their own mis-information as the proof that they were correct in the first place.

- btw I'm really not saying you are wrong or what you have quoted is wrong as it could be true but on wiki there is nothing to back up the statement, I'm just saying what you've done is one of massive weakness's of the way wikipedia works.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

It would be a waste money/time for Sony to chase third-party exclusives. Microsoft needs third party exclusive to cover their first party weakness(majority of MSFT first studios are unproven) that just the facts. Sony(even Nintendo) has proven first party which they could rely on to support their consoles.