By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony is too cheap, And it's annoying me!

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Kyuu said:

Both consoles don't have great exclusives at the moment. But you can't really blame Sony for not yet announcing any serious third party exclusive (besides The Order 1886) given the messed up financial situation they're in. But Microsoft isn't doing any better in my opinion.

The order is first party not third party. Sony owns the rights to The Order. Ready At Dawn has been making games for them for a good long while.

And Santa Monica studios are involved in it too.

Around the Network
fps_d0minat0r said:
I would rather have Sony spend money on first party exclusives than wasting it keeping multiplatform games off other systems.

...and making conclusions on games this early? have people forgotten last gen already?

Yep...Sony started off slower than Microsoft because they focused on making their own games and outpaced Microsoft because Microsoft's development only focused on a handful of three or four core titles with one new IP that they kept going. (Fable, Forza, Gears, Halo &Crackdown) in a two year window. Sony re-entered with old and quite a few new titles. It will take time but they will do it again. Until then Microsoft will once more buy up the third party real estate to get peoples attentions focused on them. We all know how its going to go because Microsoft gameplan is no different. Buying Gears just brought them back to status quo level as the competitive console seeing that Epic wasn't so hot about making another Gears before their new IP. Microsoft just bought themselves back into the same position they were in 2006. They re-enter with an unearthed rare title and pay capcom for another exclusive Dead Rising game. They got EA to make sure Titanfall stayed exclusive after months of fans speculating about the multiplat status of Titanfall. Its looking exactly like the 360 era. Sony is looking more different than the PS3 era, so they are a bit harder to gauge. Their developmental game this generation is looking different compared to even last gen. I dont know yet whether to say its good or bad, but they just dont have Microsofts initial hype level. Microsoft knows how to get a party started and keep it going for a little while, but if you're not self sufficient (hence why they had to buy gears off of Epic) and it looks like their black tusk game was going nowhere we wont even be seeing that FPS for a while or even at all this gen.

fps_d0minat0r said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Kyuu said:

Both consoles don't have great exclusives at the moment. But you can't really blame Sony for not yet announcing any serious third party exclusive (besides The Order 1886) given the messed up financial situation they're in. But Microsoft isn't doing any better in my opinion.

The order is first party not third party. Sony owns the rights to The Order. Ready At Dawn has been making games for them for a good long while.

And Santa Monica studios are involved in it too.

Yep. Ready At Dawn has been making first party games for Sony for god knows how long. They've been making Sony's titles on the PSP, but they asked Sony for  shot at making their own new project and Sony granted it to them, especially with their track record. Sony is taking a great risk allowing them to roam on the PS4 instead of the Vita because the Vita could use some Ready at Dawn right now. You can tell they are ready to prove to Sony that they can be a  full-on first party company. If they succeed Sony will buy them for sure. Sony Santamonica is there as well with them.  If SSM was making another IP while helping them oh god help Microsoft in the next two to three years.

Kyuu said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Kyuu said:

Ready At Dawn is a private developer. Doesn't matter if the Order is owned by Sony when the developer isn't. To me that sounds like saying Dead Rising 3 isn't third party because Microsoft published it.

No. If the title is owned by Sony its first party. Publishing doesn't guarantee ownership, like what you saw with Gears of War being second party for Microsoft (until they bought the IP) or Alan Wake. Microsoft owns Quantum Break, not Alan Wake. Dead Rising 3 is second party. Microsoft publishes the first game just to keep it away from Sony. The next game will be on the PS4 just like the second was on the PS3. As I said they pay their weaknesses away. If MS focused on internal development it they would've been in a worse off position than Sony at launch. They had to pay outside developers for their stuff and even get third party to make their first party like Killer Instinct.

Mr Puggsly said:
SlayerRondo said:
Mr Puggsly said:
SlayerRondo said:
Sony puts their resources into making great games instead of bribing other companies to not release games on other systems.

Just look at the pathetic effort Microsoft made with the Xbox 360 over the past couple of years.

I prefer the word persuade. Also, its funny nobody complains when Sony money hats exclusives.

Sony did release more games in the past few years, but how many were noteworthy? Last of Us and... lets just say time and money was better spent with 3rd party games.

They persuade people by paying them money not to put the game on consoles they would have done otherwise.

And while they were not the series best GT6,  beyond two souls and God of War Vengence were all solid efforts that sld well.

Right, some solid games but few were noteworthy.

I think GT6 was about as noteworthy as a new Fifa or Madden. It has an audience... but lets not pretend GT6 was amazing. Forza Horizon was more noteworthy.

Between 2012 and 2013, I think many feel Last of Us was the only noteworthy 1st party PS3 game. Sony put out a lot of quantity and little quality. Yet some people act like Sony is pumping out a massive number of amazing games.

Basically, I roll my eyes when people say Sony has a much stronger 1st party than MS and thank god for 3rd parties.

Sony put out allot of good games and one fantastic game last year where Microsoft did little to nothing.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Around the Network

I disagree with the OP. Sony spent the entire PS2 and PS3 generations acquiring and developing a very impressive set of 1st party studios, something I really wish Nintendo would do.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

007BondAgent said:

You have microsoft who just brought the gears IP, they also have titanfall, exclusive dlc's for the biggest games, dead rising 3 and so on.

Then you have sony.... 30 minutes of watchdogs dlc? No third party exclusives, besides an online f2p mmo that won't be out til atleast 2015. I respect sony's attitude towards indie gaming, but i didn't spend all this money to play some silly little 2 hour indie game.

Lastly. The only reason why i have a PS4 over the xbone is for 1 simple reason, i don't want to spend $500 on an underpowered console that plays inferior multiplats, but atleast the system has games, better games than the PS4 in fact.

I will leave this link here for you to read:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/24/20-games-12-new-franchises-coming-to-playstation-4-in-year-one

Sony are not cheap, they would just rather invest in their own studios and create new IP than buy old franchises.

SlayerRondo said:
Mr Puggsly said:
SlayerRondo said:
Mr Puggsly said:
SlayerRondo said:
Sony puts their resources into making great games instead of bribing other companies to not release games on other systems.

Just look at the pathetic effort Microsoft made with the Xbox 360 over the past couple of years.

I prefer the word persuade. Also, its funny nobody complains when Sony money hats exclusives.

Sony did release more games in the past few years, but how many were noteworthy? Last of Us and... lets just say time and money was better spent with 3rd party games.

They persuade people by paying them money not to put the game on consoles they would have done otherwise.

And while they were not the series best GT6,  beyond two souls and God of War Vengence were all solid efforts that sld well.

Right, some solid games but few were noteworthy.

I think GT6 was about as noteworthy as a new Fifa or Madden. It has an audience... but lets not pretend GT6 was amazing. Forza Horizon was more noteworthy.

Between 2012 and 2013, I think many feel Last of Us was the only noteworthy 1st party PS3 game. Sony put out a lot of quantity and little quality. Yet some people act like Sony is pumping out a massive number of amazing games.

Basically, I roll my eyes when people say Sony has a much stronger 1st party than MS and thank god for 3rd parties.

Sony put out allot of good games and one fantastic game last year where Microsoft did little to nothing.

He will never admit that Sony put out of a bunch of great first party last gen and had great second and third party exclusives to boot. 

tolu619 said:
I disagree with the OP. Sony spent the entire PS2 and PS3 generations acquiring and developing a very impressive set of 1st party studios, something I really wish Nintendo would do.

True, but thats about being self sufficient development. Microsoft still to this day doesn't seem to be comfortable with their internal development prowess so they buy up third party real estate to cover up those weaknesses. It works in their favor greatly if you can overlook that they didn't create it. They publish games to keep them away from Sony as well. They published Mass Effect to keep it exclusive and the game still went to Sony. They published Dead Rising to keep it away from Sony and the next game went to Sony. They paid to keep Ninja Gaiden 2 away from Sony and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 came to Sony. Its how they work, but the respect Sony commands allows them to have all of those titles and Sony didn't have to pay a red cent for Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 either.

I thought this thread was going to be about the PS4's low price and high demand. Sony could be making so much more money if the console were a little more expensive.