By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony is too cheap, And it's annoying me!

Sony was the exact opposite during the ps3 era and lost a bunch off money off of each console sold

Around the Network

Joke thread? Sony builds it's internal studios by hiring good people and giving them the freedom to do what they want. MS rents talent by paying for third party exclusives... Sony's method is way better imo, and sony has just as many exclusives even with ms throwing money around early this gen. Look at 360 and ps3..ps3 had way more exclusives the last 3-4 years, many award winning.

Sony is also doing a better job with indies right now.

HELLO!!!!

Mr Puggsly said:
DucksUnlimited said:
Mr Puggsly said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=&publisher=10313&platform=X360&genre=&minSales=0.01&results=100

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=&publisher=1535&platform=PS3&genre=&minSales=0.01&results=200

Thanks, didn't realize you could do it by publisher!

I would've expected a bigger gap, honestly, given the 360's extra year on the market, much higher marketing spending, plus the fact that it had the bigger install base for the vast majority of its life. And even then, without pack-in Kinect Adventures they'd be about even.

Some of your points are worth considering.

However, it should be noted Americans tend to buy more games and that gave MS an advantage. Also, MS had more success with the casual market. Kinect is responsible for a good chunk of 1st party sales.

360 dominated US last gen and had a 1 year head start, thats the only reason for the software difference not quality of exclusives......that's not the same this gen. What happened last gen is now irrelevant.

Like many said...
1) Sony owns a lot of studios to make their Uncharted/Gran Turismo/The Last Of Us/inFamous/Killzone/LittleBigPlanet/DriveClub/Team Ico/WipEout/MLB The Show or whatever
2) Everybody knows PS4 got superior multiplateform's games for this generation. You don't need more.

And you can the fact that Ratchet & Clank, Quantic Dream's games, The Order 1886, Deep Down are for PS.

Around the Network
FlamingWeazel said:

360 dominated US last gen and had a 1 year head start, thats the only reason for the software difference not quality of exclusives......that's not the same this gen. What happened last gen is now irrelevant.

They have sold about an equal amount of hardware. I don't think the year ahead excuse is worth anything.

Like I said, Americans buy more games and Xbox sold significantly better in America. That gave them a software sales edge.

I hate to break it to you but the Japanese don't care about Sony's games. They buy consoles for 3rd party games.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Kyuu said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Kyuu said:

Both consoles don't have great exclusives at the moment. But you can't really blame Sony for not yet announcing any serious third party exclusive (besides The Order 1886) given the messed up financial situation they're in. But Microsoft isn't doing any better in my opinion.

The order is first party not third party. Sony owns the rights to The Order. Ready At Dawn has been making games for them for a good long while.

Ready At Dawn is a private developer. Doesn't matter if the Order is owned by Sony when the developer isn't. To me that sounds like saying Dead Rising 3 isn't third party because Microsoft published it.

No. If the title is owned by Sony its first party. Publishing doesn't guarantee ownership, like what you saw with Gears of War being second party for Microsoft (until they bought the IP) or Alan Wake. Microsoft owns Quantum Break, not Alan Wake. Dead Rising 3 is second party. Microsoft publishes the first game just to keep it away from Sony. The next game will be on the PS4 just like the second was on the PS3. As I said they pay their weaknesses away. If MS focused on internal development it they would've been in a worse off position than Sony at launch. They had to pay outside developers for their stuff and even get third party to make their first party like Killer Instinct.

IIRC

A first party title is a title developed by a publisher's fully owned studio : all titles by Naughty Dog = Fisrt Party

Second Party is when the studio is not owned by the publisher but they work quite exclusively (or completely exclusively) for the publisher, the IP's being publisher's property (Insomniac before Fuse, Ready at Dawn) or Studio's property (Quantic Dreams).

Third Party : The IP is owned by the studio and the Studio doesn't work exclusively for the publisher.

Xbox One will get all the real exclusives this gen. Cant wait to see whats next. lol

S.T.A.G.E. said:
SlayerRondo said:

Sony put out allot of good games and one fantastic game last year where Microsoft did little to nothing.

He will never admit that Sony put out of a bunch of great first party last gen and had great second and third party exclusives to boot. 

A bunch of great 1st party games? No.

A bunch of good games... I'll give you that.

Sony's games would sell better if they were as great as you think they are.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
FlamingWeazel said:

They have sold about an equal amount of hardware. I don't think the year ahead excuse is worth anything.

Like I said, Americans buy more games and Xbox sold significantly better in America. That gave them a software sales edge.

I hate to break it to you but the Japanese don't care about Sony's games. They buy consoles for 3rd party games.

They are even in the US? Thats the point. Not so this gen where ps4 has already sold more software.

Japan doesn't care for sony game they don't care abotu xbox at all why bring up a strawman argument that has zero to do with anything?