By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony is too cheap, And it's annoying me!

OP: I don't follow, this sounds like last gen all over again and how did it turn out for Sony?

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
OP: I don't follow, this sounds like last gen all over again and how did it turn out for Sony?

Why has everyone start dawning on a YuGiOh profile picture?

If I could add a profile picture, I would join in right now, completely blindly.

Who needs 3rd party exclusives when you have so many 1st party studios, and a few 2nd parties?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

007BondAgent said:

You have microsoft who just brought the gears IP, they also have titanfall, exclusive dlc's for the biggest games, dead rising 3 and so on.

Then you have sony.... 30 minutes of watchdogs dlc? No third party exclusives, besides an online f2p mmo that won't be out til atleast 2015. I respect sony's attitude towards indie gaming, but i didn't spend all this money to play some silly little 2 hour indie game.

Lastly. The only reason why i have a PS4 over the xbone is for 1 simple reason, i don't want to spend $500 on an underpowered console that plays inferior multiplats, but atleast the system has games, better games than the PS4 in fact.

Its not exclusive if it is also on the PC and so far PS4 isnt getting an MMO that isnt out or already announced for PC.

Last line is funny cause that is exactly what you bought. Neither console is more powerful than a PC.

Thing you have to look at is Sony is in bad shape right now. Regardless of how some people refuse to admit it, selling off their HQs and having their stocks reclassified as junk status are signs that they are struggling. They cannot afford to just buy games from 3rd parties at this point but maybe as the gen goes on they can.

Also had to LOL at some of these responses. Sony only needs 1st and 2nd party? Yeah that got you to buy a Nintendo console too didnt it?

007BondAgent said:

You have microsoft who just brought the gears IP, they also have titanfall, exclusive dlc's for the biggest games, dead rising 3 and so on.

Then you have sony.... 30 minutes of watchdogs dlc? No third party exclusives, besides an online f2p mmo that won't be out til atleast 2015. I respect sony's attitude towards indie gaming, but i didn't spend all this money to play some silly little 2 hour indie game.

Lastly. The only reason why i have a PS4 over the xbone is for 1 simple reason, i don't want to spend $500 on an underpowered console that plays inferior multiplats, but atleast the system has games, better games than the PS4 in fact.

Simple answer > Because Sony doesn't need to.

The Gears IP got bought cause Microsoft probably doesn't trust the BlackTusk Studios with a completely new IP which maybe doesn't hit the taste of their community.EPIC wanted probably to get rid of it as much as Microsoft wanted to own the IP to secure it away from Sony.
Cliffy B. back then said he would want to work with Sony but they don't have the possibility cause the Gears IP takes so much time.
With him the heart and soul of the Gears IP left - EPIC Games at the same time drooled hardcore over the PS4 and openly said they want to work with Sony and they probably knew too that they can't hold the quality level of the Cliffy B. Gears Games.
Gears was in their way to focus on new Projects wich will be > probably < Multiplat.
They love to bet safely - Bungie left cause they wanted to be known for other things and didn't want to stick with Halo for their lifetime.Pretty sure Microsoft didn't allow them Destiny(instead of Halo) as much as Molyneux wasn't allowed to make something different than Fable(suddenly GODUS appeared)

Titanfall is an obvious choice for them too.
It is basicly Call of Duty 2.0 and will print money in the USA.They would never have the interest in it if it would be Heavy Rain 2.0
And you can get in anyway on PC(definitive version) and 360 too.
I don't even want to say its a wrong choice - They want to support their community which is completely different than the one of Sony.
You simply can't bring tons of new IPs from a lot of different genres cause they aren't like that.
Microsoft needs to be as strong as possible in the USA cause they know as much as everyone else this is their only strong market.And that market combined with the Xbox Community works only with that kind of games.
Im pretty sure Heavy Rain wouldn't help them against the PS4 while at the same time something like that does help Sony Worldwide.

Dead Rising started with Xbox and fits there.
Sony got Deep Down wich looks a lot more interesting and is technically on a complete different level.We love our Dark Souls style games since the end of Last gen right?right!And cause we don't get Dark or Demon's souls on NextGen right now it is the only choice to play something like that without relying on PC or Last Gen > A true exclusive as it looks like right now =)
I rather have this than another Call of Duty/FPS
Sony is globally active and brings games for the people all over the world with different tastes while Microsoft simply doesn't in the same scale as Sony does.
Here and there they will bring something like Quantum Break but at the same time Sony pumps out 3-4 new IPs(and im pretty sure those new IPs will do better than Quantum Break cause the Sony Community accepts new things a lot better)
Quantic Dream said they have planned so many things for the PS4 and Sony is willing to help them like they did back then with Heavy Rain when Sony pumped a LOT of money into that absolutely unsecure Game.

No 3rd Party Exclusives?
There are enough technically.
They could spend 200 Million on Final Fantasy 15,Kingdom Hearts 3,Metal Gear Solid and a lot of others but why?
Those games will sell at least 80% of its lifetime units on the PS4.No one combines them with the Xbox brand.They didn't when the Xbox was on its high Last Gen and they surely won't when it is standing in the shadow of the PS4 in this One.
Not so Mainstream Games will also do better on the PS4 most of the time.
With that money they spared they can actually fund new games of their first and 2nd party.
Instead of spending 50 Million on DLC they create 3-4 new High Quality IPs they will OWN and don't have to buy or fear to lose.Im pretty sure AssaCreed DLC and so on doesn't cost that much.Its just a thank you for supporting the Sony Version of the game.

I can have a storage room full of beans sometimes interrupted by a can of something else that doesn't taste that good or i can cook myself a ton of different delicious foods with a bunch of variety of ingredients from all over the world with my secret recipe locked down in my safe no one could steal away from me.
I personally choose the 2nd option cause i would get bored hardcore of beans where the only difference between them is the brand name.
And sometimes its good to eat together a can of Beans but then i choose those that have better resolu... i mean taste =)

Around the Network
telsta said:

My PS4 has actually 2! Apps, DVD is not running, I have Knack. Even YouTube is not working (update: open Web browser YouTube/TV.com). Killzone is a big let Down. Yeah now I feel like caught by hype for something that isn't and I really don't see in the future. I dunno, but Quantum Break, Titanfall, Gears from Black Tusk, Halo, Forza, Dead Rising, new Fable, Below, Ruse and Killer Instinct vs. The Order (which I really hyped for) and what else, yeah Drive Club looks promising as well.
I get myself a XO end 2014 and I think that's again the platform I end up with for the rest of Gen, like I did before. But this Time Sony's Hype and MS Bashing Machine did a well job. Now the dust is gone and I think we'll going to see clearer.

If this post is meant to suggest you have a ps4... your wall status updates are very misleading!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Normchacho said:
DonFerrari said:
Normchacho said:
If you could fix your car yourself, why wold you hire a mechanic to do it? Sony has plenty of really, really talented studios. You'll see some 3rd party exclusives but not many, most will be first party.

If what you make to fix other people cars is greater than what you would pay for other to fix your car, them you would... just saying.

Alright fair enough haha only if you did it for a living though.

Or if you are a really bad mechanic if you get it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."