By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony is too cheap, And it's annoying me!

Mr Puggsly said:
SlayerRondo said:
Sony puts their resources into making great games instead of bribing other companies to not release games on other systems.

Just look at the pathetic effort Microsoft made with the Xbox 360 over the past couple of years.

I prefer the word persuade. Also, its funny nobody complains when Sony money hats exclusives.

Sony did release more games in the past few years, but how many were noteworthy? Last of Us and... lets just say time and money was better spent with 3rd party games.

They persuade people by paying them money not to put the game on consoles they would have done otherwise.

And while they were not the series best GT6,  beyond two souls and God of War Vengence were all solid efforts that sld well.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:

Good catch, I didn't notice that.

I think Last of Us is the only noteworthy title missing though.

yeah I clicked through the various sony ones on the list and seca had 11million games listed under it but several were dupes though the last of us was a big stand out.

It's a bit early yet, I expect once all Sony's studios unveil all the games they are working on I will be extremely happy indeed and in the meantime the much better third party multiplats will more than do me until Infamous and others.

Proud owner of Ps4/3ds xl/pc/vita/wii u and others.

Gamer till I die

In my opinion Sony has a pragmatic strategy. They are attempting to get their finances in order and have done a great job by providing the most powerful console on the market while making it cheaper than the Xone.

On top of that in terms of development the PS4 is also the easiest to develop for having standard pc hardware and unified memory.

In terms of exclusives Sony's strategy is to focus on 1st party games and funding development of 2nd party games while refusing to pay for exclusives.

Considering how much easier the PS4 is to code for compared to the PS3 and that Sony's 1st party studios are arguably even better now in the long term I can see them making even more games compared to last gen.

All in all nothing out of the ordinary for a console launch and people need to be realistic when it comes to a console's game library. It gets better in time and for the PS4 I suspect in record time.

SlayerRondo said:
Mr Puggsly said:
SlayerRondo said:
Sony puts their resources into making great games instead of bribing other companies to not release games on other systems.

Just look at the pathetic effort Microsoft made with the Xbox 360 over the past couple of years.

I prefer the word persuade. Also, its funny nobody complains when Sony money hats exclusives.

Sony did release more games in the past few years, but how many were noteworthy? Last of Us and... lets just say time and money was better spent with 3rd party games.

They persuade people by paying them money not to put the game on consoles they would have done otherwise.

And while they were not the series best GT6,  beyond two souls and God of War Vengence were all solid efforts that sld well.

Right, some solid games but few were noteworthy.

I think GT6 was about as noteworthy as a new Fifa or Madden. It has an audience... but lets not pretend GT6 was amazing. Forza Horizon was more noteworthy.

Between 2012 and 2013, I think many feel Last of Us was the only noteworthy 1st party PS3 game. Sony put out a lot of quantity and little quality. Yet some people act like Sony is pumping out a massive number of amazing games.

Basically, I roll my eyes when people say Sony has a much stronger 1st party than MS and thank god for 3rd parties.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Why don't you buy Sony and start making the decisions.

NO, YOU ARE TOO CHEAP.

Nintendo is a little cheaper and MS more expensive... Owww you weren't talking about hw msrp??? Then

It's more of a strategic difference, Sony invest on new 1st party IPs and MS on 3rd parties. And seing the growth for ms and recovery for Sony in 7th gen I would say booth have paid out.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Locknuts said:
Sony: Best multiplats

Microsoft/Nintendo: Best exclusives

Microsoft buys the best exclusives. If you actually check the games they make, they don't have the best track record. Sony and Nintendo's far outpaces them. Microsoft had the best multiplats last gen and thats mostly what they survived off of once the third party exclusives dried up because most third parties wanted to go multiplat once both installed bases grew to a healthy level.

I would rather have Sony spend money on first party exclusives than wasting it keeping multiplatform games off other systems.

...and making conclusions on games this early? have people forgotten last gen already?

Kyuu said:

Both consoles don't have great exclusives at the moment. But you can't really blame Sony for not yet announcing any serious third party exclusive (besides The Order 1886) given the messed up financial situation they're in. But Microsoft isn't doing any better in my opinion.

The order is first party not third party. Sony owns the rights to The Order. Ready At Dawn has been making games for them for a good long while.