By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony is too cheap, And it's annoying me!

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Sony can make their own games. They've never needed to moneyhat a shit ton of games. Microsoft isn't in their league when it comes to first party development.

Consumers seem to think MS's software is pretty good. As I've mentioned before, MS sold significantly more software in the 7th gen than Sony.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Sony can make their own games. They've never needed to moneyhat a shit ton of games. Microsoft isn't in their league when it comes to first party development.

Consumers seem to think MS's software is pretty good. As I've mentioned before, MS sold significantly more software in the 7th gen than Sony.

Link?

DucksUnlimited said:
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Link?

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=&publisher=10313&platform=X360&genre=&minSales=0.01&results=100

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=&publisher=1535&platform=PS3&genre=&minSales=0.01&results=200

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
DucksUnlimited said:
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Link?

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=&publisher=10313&platform=X360&genre=&minSales=0.01&results=100

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=&publisher=1535&platform=PS3&genre=&minSales=0.01&results=200

http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/Software/Global/

Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Doesn't matter. Sony gives people more room for choice. I am buying an Xbox One first because Microsoft ALWAYS gets my attention first, but knowing Sony their first party will be unmatched by Microsoft. They have a natural ability to within each gen create first party that I like and not just a small amount of a varied group of creatively made games. Microsoft struggles with that so if they can deal with the status quo of Gears thats the best thing for them. More power to them for buying it. I'm just being real here, bro. Microsoft needs it.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
JoeTheBro said:
The Order 1886 is a third party game. Did you forget that?

I'd call that second party, not 3rd party. Ready at Dawn has made multiple Sony exclusives in the past, plus isn't Sony Santa Monica helping them develop it?

If the OP classifies DR3 as a third party game, then yeah I'd classify the order as one too. SSM helps everyone lol.

shikamaru317 said:
JoeTheBro said:
shikamaru317 said:
JoeTheBro said:

I'd call that second party, not 3rd party. Ready at Dawn has made multiple Sony exclusives in the past, plus isn't Sony Santa Monica helping them develop it?

If the OP classifies DR3 as a third party game, then yeah I'd classify the order as one too. SSM helps everyone lol.

Personally I consider it 2nd party, same with Quantum Break on Xbox One, Remedy isn't a first party studio, but neither are they quite 3rd party.

Personally for me 1st party is owned, second party is contracted, and 3rd party is invited. DR3, the order, Quantum Break, etc. would all be 2nd party for me too.

They simply don't have the money... Or rather, they do, but it's far more important they work towards profitability right now. They're only just now beginning to climb out of the hole, and it's best they don't screw it up by doing something rash.

There's no need for them to break the bank as it is with their absolute knock-out in the hardware department and slew of 1st party studios. It's far better they make their own exclusives and continue to grow their studios at this point, they're never going to win a bidding war against Microsoft on the big ones.

JoeTheBro said:

Its first party.  SSM and Ready at Dawn are making it in tandem, plus Sony owns the IP. This is a game that Ready at Dawn has been wanting to make for a while I heard. They've been wanting to make the game since Uncharted 2 came out. They said they were inspired by Uncharted 2.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Doesn't matter. Sony gives people more room for choice. I am buying an Xbox One first because Microsoft ALWAYS gets my attention first, but knowing Sony their first party will be unmatched by Microsoft. They have a natural ability to within each gen create first party that I like and not just a small amount of a varied group of creatively made games. Microsoft struggles with that so if they can deal with the status quo of Gears thats the best thing for them. More power to them for buying it. I'm just being real here, bro. Microsoft needs it.

Boy, that's a bunch nonsense.

Sony gives people more room for choice? The 360 had plenty of options, I expect the same on X1.

You need to realize not everyone shares your preference for 1st party Sony games. Selling less 1st party software than MS is an indication Sony software needs to get better.

Recently Completed