By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 sales prediction thread

first week: 1.5 million

2014: 7 million

lifetime sales: 18 million+

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
MK7 sold about a million week 1 in all regions on an install base that was I believe around one million at that point. Also, it was sold during the holidays, so MK8 should fall significantly short of that. So, I'll say about 700K.

I'd say lifetime sales would be about 10 million if it were not bundled, but bundles will probably bring it closer to 15 million.

But mk 8 has much more acumulated hype and the franchise tends to do better on home consoles.

Sorry, can you cancelled my prevision of 13 milion, and replace it with 15 milion?

drake_tolu said:
Sorry, can you cancelled my prevision of 13 milion, and replace it with 15 milion?

Done!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Thanks for correct. :D
P.S
Sorry if if I answer here, i don't know how to click "reply". :(

Around the Network

2.6M
8M

Play Me

500,000 First week
2,00,000 2014
5,000,000 Lifetime

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

FW: 650k

FY: 2500k

LT: 6750k

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

I'm thinking 600,000 copies Week 1, 4.1 million copies total in 2014, and a lifetime of 11.4 million, making it the Wii U's best-selling retail game and one of the few 10+ million seller exclusives of the console generation.

That would be well short of MKWii, but would still reflect the series's major growth since Double Dash (which sold under 7 million lifetime).

A total of 11.4 million would also require the Wii U's final sales to only be 30 or 35 million, roughly N64 numbers, something that I still believe can happen.

Love and tolerate.

I predict 1 million first week sales
4 million for the year and 8 million lifetime

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date