By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - I hope IOI will start taking names and change the general attitude among users

Is vgchartz finally going to get rid of all the known trolls

ALL HAIL IOI!!!!

Ban EVERYONE on your list and the mod teams list!

:D/

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
LurkerJ said:
"Stop allowing anything not connected with the original topic of a thread and anything that even remotely tries bashing or taking a jab at someone."

Stop dreaming. This is the heart and soul of Vgchartz, and you are part of the problem.

but do you agree that it is getting out of hand?

I've been going to gaming message boards since 1998. It's always been this way and always will.

ioi said:
The message is simple enough:

- Less trolling and flaming
- More respect for one another, insightful posts, intelligence, analysis, reasoning and logic.

I was told by kantor that i can call a posters post stupid. that is hardly respectful. on top of that the mod team is so inconsistant its mind boggling. I got banned for saying someones denial was pathetic (same concept as above) and another user in the same thread said the exact same thing (no moderation) and another user called the guy a clown (no moderation)

ioi said:

- More respect for one another, insightful posts, intelligence, analysis, reasoning and logic.

Absolutely, there are actually a lot of pretty insightful posts in here but they often get nonsensical or ridiculous answers. I also feel that most people are letting their preference and emotions steer their "analysis" and predictions, a lot of users are clearly bypassing reality in favor of some comforting construct.

Anyway, there are way too many threads whining about rules, banning and tracking in here lately, I think this is in part due to mods actually being a lot more patient in here than a lot of other sites so people actually feel they can start threads to whine on them, the tracking part is something unique to vgchartz though; surely a great challenge, probably the biggest one in here as far as discussions go, especially for new members who don't have any insight into how it all works.

I don't think Brett is being unreasonable or going overboard here at all, if I had a large website with a forum and people started acting like bitches and basically used the free forums as an arena to constantly whine about what the site is actually doing, I'd be pretty goddamn pissed. And then they also whine about being moderated for their initial whining. Sometimes when I read a post, I think to myself; why on earth is this person even in here?

Max King of the Wild said:
ioi said:

I was told by kantor that i can call a posters post stupid. that is hardly respectful. on top of that the mod team is so inconsistant its mind boggling. I got banned for saying someones denial was pathetic (same concept as above) and another user in the same thread said the exact same thing (no moderation) and another user called the guy a clown (no moderation)

This sounds slightly out of context but I would imagine the message here was more along the lines of "you can call a thing which a poster says as being a stupid thing to say, but you cannot call the user stupid"

Like for example if I was to say I thought the N64 was the best console in the universe, you could say that it was stupid to say this because the Psone was out at the same time and clearly had better games and support, but you couldn't just say I was stupid for saying it. One of these is an attack on what I said, the other just an attack on me the poster.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Again, I reported someone who explicitly called someone an idiot. No mod action. So am I to expect that personal insults are allowed now?
from Kantor on 22 September 2013
Acting like an idiot. Subtle difference, plus he went on to explain why.

exact quote. I see no difference in saying someone is acting like an idiot and saying someones denial is pathetic (especially when that persons denial was called pathetic by another user and a clown by another) but hey, apparently one out of the four is moderation worthy

kirby007 said:
and wow kowenicki gets trashed majorly.....

Yeah, it makes ya wonder why he continues to backflip into dens of hungry lions screaming "HYENAS RULE" knowing how that would make lions feel and react.

Thanks jlmurph!

ioi said:

I don't know the financials at all, but if it is Vgc pro keeping this profitable, why care for a few 1000 more short term hits due to console wars, instead of the real interesting discussions, we used to have without interruption or baseless claims and know get flooded with the millions of resolution compare threads

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

selnor1983 said:
All I will say is what I witnessed the other night with those users against IOI has never happened on VGC in the 7 years Ive been here. It is WAY worse than VGC ever was. Even in the dodgy mods days.

You wouldn't happen to be referring to the December NPD thread?

HylianSwordsman said:
selnor1983 said:
All I will say is what I witnessed the other night with those users against IOI has never happened on VGC in the 7 years Ive been here. It is WAY worse than VGC ever was. Even in the dodgy mods days.

You wouldn't happen to be referring to the December NPD thread?

No the Aaron Greenberg thread about Profit sold on their financial report.