By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - I hope IOI will start taking names and change the general attitude among users

there reactions give me a feeling that it will be alright with a bit more attention and work!

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

This forum really isn't as bad as some people are making it out to be. Sure there's a lot of flaming and console wars, but that's happening in pretty much very forum. Have you visited NeoGaf lately, every other thread is bashing Microsoft or dooming Nintendo. A new generation just started, tensions and emotions are high right now. Give it a few months and things will mellow out.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
This forum really isn't as bad as some people are making it out to be. Sure there's a lot of flaming and console wars, but that's happening in pretty much very forum. Have you visited NeoGaf lately, every other thread is bashing Microsoft or dooming Nintendo. A new generation just started, tensions and emotions are high right now. Give it a few months and things will mellow out.

i joined this site in 2007 and the Ps3 bashing and trolling from the XB360 crowd was at an all time high and went well into 2008. Months? not likely

ioi said:

@ganoncrotch - again spot on with everything you've said.

You seem like a pretty level-headed kinda guy, you'd make a welcome addition to the mod team I'm sure

My addition to the mod team is own moderation history :) and of course some PM's to people to report rather than reply when I can see a thread is going to explode badly. As a Guild Master in WoW for the past 5 or so years in a guild with a lot of members I far more subscribe to the Dictator kind of ruling method and I can appreciate down to the ground the need for good strict moderation rather than any kind of lax moderation leading to an unmoderatable environment (far easier in wow tho to make someone dissappear overnight while everyone is offline tho, heh) Appreciate the message tho.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Max King of the Wild said:
ganoncrotch said:
One of the biggest pitfalls I've noticed that people are falling into is where they think another user is trolling/flamebaiting but rather than clicking the report button and allowing the moderation team take care of it they try to beat the trolls at trolling. Don't claim that certain members or usergroups are immune to moderation, if you see someone breaking the rules, click report, report them, leave it alone.

It might take a few hours but the mods here will get around to what your report was, if it was something which was a open and closed case like sig gifs of 20mb then a mod will just instantly sort the issue or if it's a big flame war back and forth there might be some behind the scenes discussion as to how to deal with it. But all the reports are dealt with in a fairly timely manner especially when as ioi pointed out, the moderators on here are all just users who volunteered for the jobs of making these forums a better/civil place.

I don't know how else to put this really... if you see someone pouring petrol around the place, get someone to come and clean it away... don't start flicking matches at it to see if you can cause an inferno. Remember that if you try and out-troll a troll and they decide to report you for it, you're the one who is getting a few days off the forums. Remember the moderators on here don't get to read every single post in every single thread, if it's a thread they've been asked to look at based on a report of a certain post they'll come in and deal with that post, they could go on to lock the whole thread because it's just a massive back and forth of hate.

So youre saying it is okay to mod out of ignorance? Because it aint. If I say someone is being ignorant and that person is by definition being ignorant then it isnt an insult. so why should i be moderated because the mod didnt read the thread to see the sheer ignorance? Example you ask? Dark Feanor was demanding to see proof and pictures of the so called lines for ps4s at best buy. when someone provided him with what he asked for he changed his tune to "well that doesnt prove anything." That is by definition ignorant. So if i point that out why should i be banned?

There are some threads on here which are 100s of pages long, If there was something you felt was wrong in the thread you should well have reported it to begin with rather than allowing the thread to continue to the point where you got reported and moderated. Mods are outnumbered on here by a large ratio so it's down to the normal user to click the report button to bring infringments to their attention.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:

Exactly, some people are getting too big for their britches lol.  This is one of the better forums. You will always get some of the nonsense online.

ganoncrotch 

There are some threads on here which are 100s of pages long, If there was something you felt was wrong in the thread you should well have reported it to begin with rather than allowing the thread to continue to the point where you got reported and moderated. Mods are outnumbered on here by a large ratio so it's down to the normal user to click the report button to bring infringments to their attention.

I did report Dark feanor. Not to get him banned because he wasnt doing anything against the rules but to get a mod to tell him to shut the fuck up because he was clearly wrong and being ignorant as all hell. Yojohn was flat out wrong to ban me. It isnt flaming to call someone being ignorant ignorant, Or should we start banning people who call me a ps fan? There is a clear difference between insults and facts. Especially when multiple users are saying the same thing

And concerning your "some threads are 100 pages." Its no excuse. Obviously the person in question didnt start from the begining. The post can be upped to 100 per page to reduce pages. And ctrl f is a good friend of mine to find any comments by the user easily 

Didnt you know, VGC is filled with analysts who knows more than ioi.  Respect?  Who needs that shit when youre a badass behind a keyboard?  That console i dont like?  Screw it, i must spread the word on how horrible it is.  Buy this mcfluffigan console, best graphics, best games, best PR!  I dont have to prove shit, my opinion is greater than everybody in the world because i am god and i am VGC.  Grab my hand and join in on spreading the word.

Max King of the Wild said:
ganoncrotch 

I did report Dark feanor. Not to get him banned because he wasnt doing anything against the rules but to get a mod to tell him to shut the fuck up because he was clearly wrong and being ignorant as all hell. Yojohn was flat out wrong to ban me. It isnt flaming to call someone being ignorant ignorant, Or should we start banning people who call me a ps fan? There is a clear difference between insults and facts. Especially when multiple users are saying the same thing

From what ive learned about you over the last year, anybody who disagrees with you is wrong.  When they make points as ioi did last month with you, you refuse to acknowledge it.

@Underlined you should learn that part.  You was the main user that completely disrespected ioi last month to his face and from what ive seen your behavior is like this in every thread.  

Maybe a little less criticizing and a little more self improving.  Going around calling people ignorant, syaing theyre wrong, and cursing doesnt make it true.