By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - I hope IOI will start taking names and change the general attitude among users

padib said:

Can you point out where I said that rudeness should be moderation material?

Im assuming here based on thread subject. If not then I apologize

Around the Network
padib said:

This is what i was talking about.  Which im fine with, i think the mods do a good job overall.  Much better than places like YouTube, Gamespot, and IGN.  I may not agree with everything but it is still a good overall site.

from Kresnik on 08 November 2013
I wasn't the mod who dealt with either of those reports so I couldn't really tell you. Due to mod solidarity I probably shouldn't tell you my opinion of them either.

Max King of the Wild said:
ganoncrotch 

There are some threads on here which are 100s of pages long, If there was something you felt was wrong in the thread you should well have reported it to begin with rather than allowing the thread to continue to the point where you got reported and moderated. Mods are outnumbered on here by a large ratio so it's down to the normal user to click the report button to bring infringments to their attention.

I did report Dark feanor. Not to get him banned because he wasnt doing anything against the rules but to get a mod to tell him to shut the fuck up because he was clearly wrong and being ignorant as all hell. Yojohn was flat out wrong to ban me. It isnt flaming to call someone being ignorant ignorant, Or should we start banning people who call me a ps fan? There is a clear difference between insults and facts. Especially when multiple users are saying the same thing

@underlined you reported someone for being wrong in your opinion? Right, there is a slight difference from the mod team being around to make sure that people are civil to each other and what you are asking for here. You can't ask for an unbiased mod team but at the same time ask that they come in and tell someone to "stfu" because he is saying something you don't agree with. Would you mind giving a link to the thread you're talking about? I Think I missed it thankfully.

@bold depends on context, if someone uses the word "fanboy" directly towards your actions and opinions then click report and they'll most likely at least get a warning for it, if however someone compliments some purchase you make at a point or a collection picture you post and claims you are a PS fan then no, they wont obviously recieve moderation for that. It's why every warning/moderation on here is done on a case by case basis because very rarely are 2 moderations for exactly the same thing in the exact same context.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

padib said:

There is a difference between:

Being confused and involontarily confusing a subject, which is legitimate.

and

Refusing to obey the rules of logic because of choosing a side, which is what kirby is upset about.

As you can see, he's more upset about fanboyism than he is about irrelevance or simply being confused.

he is upset by fanboyism. But his and iois solution is using more logic. Which, in this case you cant go from point A to C without B. Me and ioi were unrelated to the ban. So trying to use it to make a point aboit the ban is not valid. Now, I dont want this to get into a logic lecture so can we get back on track? I think ganon can get us there so im going to respond to him

padib said:

True.  He could have just been out.  Either way like i said, i like our current mods.  Im not sure how many reports fly in through VGC but im guessing that a lot of reports are not legitimate cases.  And im sure that can be annoying at times.

Around the Network
ganoncrotch said:

@underlined you reported someone for being wrong in your opinion? Right, there is a slight difference from the mod team being around to make sure that people are civil to each other and what you are asking for here. You can't ask for an unbiased mod team but at the same time ask that they come in and tell someone to "stfu" because he is saying something you don't agree with. Would you mind giving a link to the thread you're talking about? I Think I missed it thankfully.

@bold depends on context, if someone uses the word "fanboy" directly towards your actions and opinions then click report and they'll most likely at least get a warning for it, if however someone compliments some purchase you make at a point or a collection picture you post and claims you are a PS fan then no, they wont obviously recieve moderation for that. It's why every warning/moderation on here is done on a case by case basis because very rarely are 2 moderations for exactly the same thing in the exact same context.

It wasnt opinion. The argument wasnt one based around opinion. He was arguing that there wasnt enough demand for the ps4 to create lines at best buy. When someone provided pictures he said they didnt prove anything. Im on my phone so I cant but im sure someone can. It was about lines at best buy.

I agree, I never called him pathetic but said the denial he was displaying was. As did another poster. Then someone said something about his opinion and me being upset and I said he wasnt talking about opinion but spewing ignorance. Same scenario as the Kantor quote. The guy said someone was BEING an idiot. Considering spewing is a state of being then its the exact same

Which, in this case you cant go from point A to C without B. 

Now that isnt entirely true.  I was playing BattleField 4 yesterday and I went all the way from Point A to point E without even being noticed xP lol  Im just kidding of course haha

Yall need to realize that this is just a video game site and not life or death. The shit that people say about these billion dollar companies shouldn't effect you. This is a video game forum. You're not going to get a bunch of highly intelligent discussion going on on a site this big no matter what the mods do. I say you need to grow some thicker skin or get a life instead of wishing for people to get banned. It's not that fuckin serious.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

JayWood2010 said:

Which, in this case you cant go from point A to C without B. 

Now that isnt entirely true.  I was playing BattleField 4 yesterday and I went all the way from Point A to point E without even being noticed xP lol  Im just kidding of course haha

good one.

Riot Of The Blood said:
Yall need to realize that this is just a video game site and not life or death. The shit that people say about these billion dollar companies shouldn't effect you. This is a video game forum. You're not going to get a bunch of highly intelligent discussion going on on a site this big no matter what the mods do. I say you need to grow some thicker skin or get a life instead of wishing for people to get banned. It's not that fuckin serious.

hold it 90% of the threads is mindless console war, where when i first joined it was more about the numbers itself. Its not about me getting to toughen up, it's just me getting fed up with the mindless behaviour and bashing.
@ bolded we had those discussions!!! that partly why i kept sticking around

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.