By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - I hope IOI will start taking names and change the general attitude among users

I want to know who is on that ioi list

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
ganoncrotch said:

@underlined you reported someone for being wrong in your opinion? Right, there is a slight difference from the mod team being around to make sure that people are civil to each other and what you are asking for here. You can't ask for an unbiased mod team but at the same time ask that they come in and tell someone to "stfu" because he is saying something you don't agree with. Would you mind giving a link to the thread you're talking about? I Think I missed it thankfully.

@bold depends on context, if someone uses the word "fanboy" directly towards your actions and opinions then click report and they'll most likely at least get a warning for it, if however someone compliments some purchase you make at a point or a collection picture you post and claims you are a PS fan then no, they wont obviously recieve moderation for that. It's why every warning/moderation on here is done on a case by case basis because very rarely are 2 moderations for exactly the same thing in the exact same context.

It wasnt opinion. The argument wasnt one based around opinion. He was arguing that there wasnt enough demand for the ps4 to create lines at best buy. When someone provided pictures he said they didnt prove anything. Im on my phone so I cant but im sure someone can. It was about lines at best buy.

I agree, I never called him pathetic but said the denial he was displaying was. As did another poster. Then someone said something about his opinion and me being upset and I said he wasnt talking about opinion but spewing ignorance. Same scenario as the Kantor quote. The guy said someone was BEING an idiot. Considering spewing is a state of being then its the exact same

He appears in so many threads about the PS4 demand, there are 2 different ones regarding Amazon UK and Best Buy, in the Best buy one alone he just appears to pop in every few hours with an update of how many hours the console was available there and nothing else, I mean when it comes to breaking the rules that right there is just looking for negitive posts towards him and could very well be reported as flamebaiting since he is literally just looking to be told off by people in the thread.

Ah found the lines thread you're talking about I think, the one where he begins by talking about anecdotal evidence which should not be counted but then goes on to try to draw links between how 5 tweets regarding a console at 1 particular store has to have a definitive link to the number of that system which sold...

The thing is tho, if you or anyone else reads his posts in every ps4 thread they sort of all go towards the same trend really, very often trying to and very successfully derailing them into digs at how anything positive on the system can either be written off as anecdotal or if that isn't possible just to take a pot shot at Ethomaz for having gotten a prediction wrong, it's perfectly within the rules here to report all cases of flamebaiting or attempted derailing of threads but more importantly I'd say it would be an idea to just leave him be when he comes into threads to try and get some attention.

Sorry I know that's quite a long and unfocused reply but it was written regarding 3 different 10+ pages long threads.But I'd still just advise going for the report button than the reply button if you can pinpoint him breaking the rules in any way and the mods can have a read of what he is up to and make a verdict on it, also if you stop replying to this sort of behaviour there is a chance that it wont continue since it's clearly just being fueled by people telling him to go away and getting reported as soon as they do. There are some times when it's just not worth your energy to try and convince someone that they're in the wrong when they're so clearly not likely to change their opinion, it's just going to lead to conflict both ways.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Riot Of The Blood said:
Yall need to realize that this is just a video game site and not life or death. The shit that people say about these billion dollar companies shouldn't effect you. This is a video game forum. You're not going to get a bunch of highly intelligent discussion going on on a site this big no matter what the mods do. I say you need to grow some thicker skin or get a life instead of wishing for people to get banned. It's not that fuckin serious.

This site has come a long ways from stuff like the 2012 wall post wheyman left for you... the moderation on here now means that sort of behaviour doesn't last here at all and no one should ever really have to put up with that sort of vile stuff be it online or offline.

While it's true that this isn't life or death and it's just words on an internet site so it shouldn't hurt you that isn't always the case is it? if you belittle someone on here you are talking to a living breathing human being, just because they're sat behind a PC at the other side of the world it doesn't mean you can treat them any different than you would if you were in the same room as them.

- that wall post tho... what did you do to that person to annoy them so much? Dear lord.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Riot Of The Blood said:
Yall need to realize that this is just a video game site and not life or death. The shit that people say about these billion dollar companies shouldn't effect you. This is a video game forum. You're not going to get a bunch of highly intelligent discussion going on on a site this big no matter what the mods do. I say you need to grow some thicker skin or get a life instead of wishing for people to get banned. It's not that fuckin serious.

Whoa!! When the hell did you make a comeback?! Haven't seen you post here for ages!

ioi said:

I dont agree with this really. I think rudeness should be unmod worthy. People are rude in everyday life. Get over it (see thats a rude comment. It should not be mod worthy. Just like saying #dealwithit is rude but not mod worthy).

You are demonstrating exactly what I am talking about by the way you are posting in this very thread. You are often aggressive and rude towards other posters and it is totally uncalled for.

Rudeness is not welcome on VGChartz. Maybe it should be mod worthy, it certainly would be if I were moderating personally. I'd have banned you for your behaviour in this thread by now if I were actively moderating.

I want VGChartz to be a place where people can have a bunch of different opinions and reason them out with one another in a civil and respectful way.

You said "how about before you open your mouth and butt in you get a grasp what we are talking about here" - it is just rude and insulting. Reply with a set of facts and some reasoning instead of jumping in to attack people straight away. There is no need for a sentence like that on here - that kind of behaviour is not welcome.

As others have pointed out, it isn't really about WHAT you say but the WAY YOU SAY IT - you can get the same message across in a much more respectful way that would not only make you look better but also help to make the forums a nicer place to be generally.

You actively moderating reminds me of the president - secretary example.

A secretary can connect 20 calls an hour and type 10 pages, the president can connect 30 calls an hour and type 20 pages,but his time is used best at other things.

I'd personally love seeing you moderate but that would effect everything else, I suggested it once and suggest it again, the best moderating is when the moderators join in on the discussion instead of reactively working throught the report list.

And totally offtopic

ISSUE: Gaming networks not displayed in profile

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=176910&page=1#19

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
so you want vgc ran like nazi germany

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

NiKKoM said:
kirby007 said:

You might not believe it and they probably won't but they did!

I would get that empty space in your sig right?

Yes you would.. Or Wesslewoggle

Hmm. I wonder what  he is up to. I know that he has an alt " TheEvilBanana" but he barely uses it.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

starcraft said:

Cool story br. Except, you know the part where being completely intolerant and forceful is exactly like Nazi germany. So why does godwins law (why is it even called a law... thats far from it) apply here?

ioi said:
starcraft said:

Haha! I like it.

I am glad you did!

I have been on the site since 2007, with a slow period in 2012/13.  I am trying to get back into it but so much of the forums are just turning into monumental catfights.  They involve hundreds, but there are really only about 2 dozen ring leaders.

That said, I recognise it must be an enormous job for you and the mods to try to control an ever-growing free-to-access forum, and I still make extensive use of the game-sales database for my own personal interest.

Keep up the good work!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

padib said:

I'm not pretending that the mods are always true to their ideals (of dealing with moderations as a group), but in this example, it may simply be that Kresnik was away for that moderation while it was being dealt with possibly more than one other mod.

With this PM, we wouldn't know. We'd need more solid cases, and in the end, even if you found it, all it would tell us is that the mods are overburdened and are struggling to handle moderations in unison.

I think we always strive to have multiple opinions about a moderation.

In some cases, it's so obvious a contravention of the rules that you can moderate there and then.  In other cases, it's not so obvious and that's when I would go to AIM for multiple opinions (and why some stuff doesn't always immediately get moderated if there's no-one else around).

Having a read through that message Jay linked, I probably would've handled the moderations differently than they were, but as you say in this message - I didn't even look at them time and wasn't even aware of them until Jay brought them up with me in that PM a few days/weeks later.  So I don't really know how they got handled; could well have been by all the other mods in AIM.