By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall not a system seller

ganoncrotch said:
kowenicki said:

Lets make this really easy.

Do system sellers exist?... forget context, forget degrees of success.

yes or no?

Such a straw man. I'm sure some girl at a point has bought a DS to play My horse adverture on it, ergo it would be a system seller if you remove all degrees of success or context.

Exactly, this, so much this. Exactly what I was getting at, by that definition every game is a system seller, the term is stupid.

Around the Network
Viltgance said:

Titanfall isn't really a console seller because alot of people are just going to buy it for 360 opposed to X1.  There is no real advantage to buying it on X1 except for maybe better graphics, but the gameplay is virtually identicle. 

I used to believe this about CoD, Battlefield and AC, but it turned out they were the games that caused the PS4 and One to sell out.

kowenicki said:
FlamingWeazel said:
ganoncrotch said:
kowenicki said:

yes or no?

Such a straw man. I'm sure some girl at a point has bought a DS to play My horse adverture on it, ergo it would be a system seller if you remove all degrees of success or context.

Exactly, this, so much this. Exactly what I was getting at, by that definition every game is a system seller, the term, is stupid./

No, thats just playing with words.  We are talking about statistically obvious changes to sales.

As I said... Yes or No will do.

No it's not playing with anything. The term system seller is a fallacy, many people buy games for many different reasons. Some have a bigger jump then others but it is impossible to see how many people bought a system and what game made them take the plunge. in 2 years time someone may still buy a console for a game that came out this year..

FlamingWeazel said:
ganoncrotch said:
kowenicki said:

yes or no?

Exactly, this, so much this. Exactly what I was getting at, by that definition every game is a system seller, the term is stupid.

He'd like to warp a point to non existance to get someone to say a simple yes to him tho, a token yes that he has removed all other points from what you said and then removed the context or success of an individual game, it's basically asking has there ever been a game sold with a console in a store. I guess my lack of replying with the obvious answer to "has a video game ever sold in a shop? yes/no" will mean I've also left this thread because the argument is too strong.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

walsufnir said:
No one has ever seen any footage of the 360 version... It will greatly depend on how it's going to be advertised. GTA5 was multiplat and iirc moved more PS3 than 360... Although they were *very* close to each other.
It sounds more like "please be not a system seller, I don't like Xbone to have a successful game"...

Sony made a deal with Rockstar (or TakeTwo) to release a PS3 GTA V bundle. No surprise that it moved more consoles.

On topic:
Titanfall is surely going to be heavily constrained on 360. Probably comparable to BF4.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
walsufnir said:
No one has ever seen any footage of the 360 version... It will greatly depend on how it's going to be advertised. GTA5 was multiplat and iirc moved more PS3 than 360... Although they were *very* close to each other.
It sounds more like "please be not a system seller, I don't like Xbone to have a successful game"...

Sony made a deal with Rockstar (or TakeTwo) to release a PS3 GTA V bundle. No surprise that it moved more consoles.

On topic:
Titanfall is surely going to be heavily constrained on 360. Probably comparable to BF4.

In our country it was advertised with no mention of a 360 version. Don't know about other european countries.

Let me guess it's 6 vs 6 on all platforms, 60fps on the 360 as confirmed by Respawn Community manager Abbie Heppe. Titanfall isn't graphically demanding either.

Is titanfall worth a $500 upgrade to me? No I'll get the 360 version.

Although, I kinda feel like a hypocrite because one of the main reasons I got a PS4 so early was because of Infamous.

FlamingWeazel said:
SweetTalia said:

Lol.. If Titanfall is not a system seller then i have bad news for you.. No games announced right now are system sellers then.. Titanfall is the closest of a system seller we have currently have...and no, Infamous, the order and destiny are not system sellers... Maybe halo 5 :-p

Disagree destiny will move way more consoles. Titanfall will not be a system seller. The term system seller is a fallacy, libraries sell systems not one game. Small spike then back to normal levels.

MP only will limit this games appeal as will it being on 360.

Small spike in hardware sales = system seller.

Not sure why some of you are complicating the meaning of system seller. It's such an easy term to understand, you just confirmed Titanfall would be one without even meaning to.

Someone has an obsession with Xbox One and Titanfall :)

Will be a system seller for Xbox One, but having it available on both Xbox 360 and PC will impact it somewhat.

Are we really