By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall not a system seller

kowenicki said:
The Fury said:
kowenicki said:

96% increase in UK 1st week... we await USA.

Price decrease on Xbox One just before, you don't know if the sales came from the Second Coming or the price decrease.

Price cut was 28th Feb. Two weeks ago.

Just stop. lol

Isn't a 96% increase in the UK like a 7k increase?

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
poklane said:
kowenicki said:
The Fury said:
kowenicki said:

Price decrease on Xbox One just before, you don't know if the sales came from the Second Coming or the price decrease.

Just stop. lol

and?

its the third (arguably second now) largest home console individual market.

I see the downplaying has begun.

funny.

7k isn't a system seller... to be a system seller, we're talking hundreds of thousands if not millions.

- bundle the game with the console for free
- tell people to preorder fast because the bundle is limited
- more people that wanted to eventually buy the console for Titanfall now get it first week due to that bundle
- first week spike is extremely high
- ?????
- profit

kowenicki said:

sales increased last week too.

And the week before as well, but most those consoles were probably already in stock and were priced to match the new bundle. Which was cheaper. Who'd by a console for £430 when you can preorder it with a game for £30 less? So other consoles had to me matched up. We'd have a better understanding of it all without the price decrease. There's no denying it won't sell console's, it's been pushed and promoted by EA and MS as much as they can.

Hmm, pie.

So if we see same boost as UK worldwide, it may just sneak past PS4 this week.

Around the Network
poklane said:
kowenicki said:
poklane said:
kowenicki said:
The Fury said:
kowenicki said:

Just stop. lol

and?

its the third (arguably second now) largest home console individual market.

I see the downplaying has begun.

funny.

7k isn't a system seller... to be a system seller, we're talking hundreds of thousands if not millions.

A system seller is defined by the agenda of who debate sales in general...  I think it will sell 20-30K in Europe more because of Titanfall and globally 50-60K
That is first week and doesn't account the ones who will buy one for Titanfall in the 'near' future and also not account the ones who bought a Xbox one weeks or months ago because titanfall was coming..

Directly I am sure it will manage to sell a few hundred thousands of Xbox one..and maybe indirectly it will do more than a million but that one I doubt...We will see :).

Viltgance said:

Titanfall isn't really a console seller because alot of people are just going to buy it for 360 opposed to X1.  There is no real advantage to buying it on X1 except for maybe better graphics, but the gameplay is virtually identicle. 

Graphics dont matter. It only matters how fun the game is.

kowenicki said:
Xenostar said:
So if we see same boost as UK worldwide, it may just sneak past PS4 this week.

Should do yes.  But you also have to factor in that we know the ONE has been significantly undertracked the last few weeks in the US (and possibly elsewhere).

PS4 was undertracked as well tho.

Be interesting to see what the drop off for X1 will be next week, hopefully it can maintain a higher baseline. 

lucidium said:
I caved and bought the superior PC version, game still sucks imo.

I cant stand the grunts...