By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall not a system seller

Titanfall: Xbox One: 206,000 preorders
Titanfall: PC: 58,000 preorders
Titanfall: Xbox 360: 52,000 preorders

Its gonna sell a good amount of copies and push Xbox Ones. It will even persuade some customers from one system to another.

Around the Network
Viltgance said:

Titanfall isn't really a console seller because alot of people are just going to buy it for 360 opposed to X1.  There is no real advantage to buying it on X1 except for maybe better graphics, but the gameplay is virtually identicle. 

I have a 360, but I have also a very powerful PC which runs circles around 360 and One combined. Titanfall for my PC thanks ;)

FlamingWeazel said:
Too_Talls said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Too_Talls said:
FlamingWeazel said:
d21lewis said:
Based on posts I've seen from a single user

-The PS4 has system sellers already because people want to play Xbox360/PS3 games with the best possible performance (with games shared with the PC, no less).

-Titan Fall isn't a system seller because it's only a multi-plat with better graphics?

Am I understanding this correctly?

You mean like people who says graphics, resolution don't matter, then say titan fall will sell mroe on x1 because of ...graphics and resolution being bette ron x1?

Well getting the x1 version over last gen is a leap,

getting the ps4 version over the x1 version of something is a step forward and sometimes a step to the side.

It might sound like a double standard but it's real different........

It's not different at all, last gen games don't exactly look bad.

No they don't at all. I'm stalled off interest in this xbox one and am playing my 360 games more often now and they don't hurt my eyes or anythng. It's just the margin of the difference between x1 to 360 and x1 to ps4 Is very different.

I don't have to pause and analyse how my x1 version of ghost looks better than my 360 version. but it takes zoomed in images before the differences are spoted on the next gen versions........(I know I shouldn't be spelling this out, you knew what I ment, you just want me to work hard :( )

LOL no it does not take ZOOMEd images to see less detail more jagged edges and slower frame rate. Downplaying. It's easily seen. Video don't do it justice in motions its obvious. The diff between 720p and 1080 is big/.

I've had that convo enough lol lets not go down that road.

this is what I'm saying cod ghost:

X1------------------ps4

x1--------------------------------------------------------------------------------360

or are you emplying just as much as the x1 version looks better than the 360, the ps4 has the same margin over the x1? If thats what you're saying am done here.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

jabberjawky72 said:

Its gonna sell a good amount of copies and push Xbox Ones. It will even persuade some customers from one system to another.

This 206,000 are probably from people that already bought an Xone.I still think that titanfall will not be a "System Seller"(Definition: A game that push a lot of consoles.More than usual) because you dont need a Xone If you have PC,or X360.

Too_Talls said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Too_Talls said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Too_Talls said:
FlamingWeazel said:
d21lewis said:

-The PS4 has system sellers already because people want to play Xbox360/PS3 games with the best possible performance (with games shared with the PC, no less).

-Titan Fall isn't a system seller because it's only a multi-plat with better graphics?

You mean like people who says graphics, resolution don't matter, then say titan fall will sell mroe on x1 because of ...graphics and resolution being bette ron x1?

getting the ps4 version over the x1 version of something is a step forward and sometimes a step to the side.

No they don't at all. I'm stalled off interest in this xbox one and am playing my 360 games more often now and they don't hurt my eyes or anythng. It's just the margin of the difference between x1 to 360 and x1 to ps4 Is very different.

I don't have to pause and analyse how my x1 version of ghost looks better than my 360 version. but it takes zoomed in images before the differences are spoted on the next gen versions........(I know I shouldn't be spelling this out, you knew what I ment, you just want me to work hard :( )

LOL no it does not take ZOOMEd images to see less detail more jagged edges and slower frame rate. Downplaying. It's easily seen. Video don't do it justice in motions its obvious. The diff between 720p and 1080 is big/.

X1------------------ps4

x1--------------------------------------------------------------------------------360

or are you emplying just as much as the x1 version looks better than the 360, the ps4 has the same margin over the x1? If thats what you're saying am done here.

Thats not what I am saying...but saying the diff this gen is only in zoomed images is...totally laughable.

Around the Network
jabberjawky72 said:

Naah it's also available on PC, which will be the best version, and everybody has a PC with better specs than XOne. It will sell very good on One, but nobody with more than half a brain would choose One for this game instead of PS4. 

Going by this, why is infamous second son a system seller, when I can play infamous 2 on ps3?

Of course it's not a system seller.

OttoniBastos said:
jabberjawky72 said:

This 206,000 are probably from people that already bought an Xone.I still think that titanfall will not be a "System Seller"(Definition: A game that push a lot of consoles.More than usual) because you dont need a Xone If you have PC,or X360.

FlamingWeazel said:
Too_Talls said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Too_Talls said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Too_Talls said:
FlamingWeazel said:
d21lewis said:

X1------------------ps4

Thats not what I am saying...but saying the diff this gen is only in zoomed images is...totally laughable.

Its the only time I've seen a differense. I don't own a ps4 so Ive had more time with the 360 and x1 version and I can pin point the differences pretty easy.

I go to a local game store to kick ass in killer instinct. the tv's the have set up are all about 41" sets. the have consoles lined up alternated. This was my best time to see for myself how the games were different. one day a x 1 and ps4 next to each other happened to be running cod ghost. they were both on single player but not the exact same level. I honestly looked to find superiority and I just couldn't. 

I'm not denying a difference but there isn't enough to naturally pick up on an obvious level. 

on a diffent note on the reselution topic. I download HD anime. after I started doing that I could no longer bare with low quality streams. I was filling my hard drive with 1080p videos because naturally we look for the highest res. well by chance I couldn't find a 1080p version of an episode and had to settle for a 720p. It looked the same. I later downloaded 720p versions of everything in my collection. comparing them back and forth they looked identical. the 720p versions average 250MB and the 1080 average 500MB. So obviously something should be better about it but I don't see it on the TV and stream my content to so I deleted everything 1080p off my hard drive cause they were just taking up space.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)