By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall not a system seller

The majority of sales will come from the 360 version, it will move some XBOs but I think people are overestimating the impact it's going to have on system sales. I doubt too many 360 owners will pay $500 to play the same game they can already get on 360.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
FlamingWeazel said:
d21lewis said:
Based on posts I've seen from a single user

-The PS4 has system sellers already because people want to play Xbox360/PS3 games with the best possible performance (with games shared with the PC, no less).

-Titan Fall isn't a system seller because it's only a multi-plat with better graphics?

Am I understanding this correctly?

You mean like people who says graphics, resolution don't matter, then say titan fall will sell more on x1 because of ...graphics and resolution being better on x1?

This guy gets it!

Nsanity said:
OttoniBastos said:
jabberjawky72 said:
Titanfall: Xbox One: 206,000 preorders
Titanfall: PC: 58,000 preorders
Titanfall: Xbox 360: 52,000 preorders

Its gonna sell a good amount of copies and push Xbox Ones. It will even persuade some customers from one system to another.

This 206,000 are probably from people that already bought an Xone.I still think that titanfall will not be a "System Seller"(Definition: A game that push a lot of consoles.More than usual) because you dont need a Xone If you have PC,or X360.

But you just said that 206,000 people already both the system in order to play Titanfall.

I never said that they bought because Titanfall! maybe they bought because Forza 5,DR3,even a multiplatform with better graphics.

FlamingWeazel said:
Too_Talls said:
FlamingWeazel said:
d21lewis said:

-The PS4 has system sellers already because people want to play Xbox360/PS3 games with the best possible performance (with games shared with the PC, no less).

-Titan Fall isn't a system seller because it's only a multi-plat with better graphics?

You mean like people who says graphics, resolution don't matter, then say titan fall will sell mroe on x1 because of ...graphics and resolution being bette ron x1?

Well getting the x1 version over last gen is a leap,

getting the ps4 version over the x1 version of something is a step forward and sometimes a step to the side.

It might sound like a double standard but it's real different........

It's not different at all, last gen games don't exactly look bad.

Which is why I'm still gaming on PS3/360--playing games like WWE 2K14, no less!  Anyway, I fired up Tomb Raider last night because my daughter wanted me to play it.  I was kinda stunned how good it looked.  

FlamingWeazel said:

Exactly, this, so much this. Exactly what I was getting at, by that definition every game is a system seller, the term is stupid.

The term isn't stupid in the way that it's conventionally used on this site. Sure, if you're using a pendantic, literal interpretation of "system seller", then you could say the term is stupid because then every game could be a system seller. But most people don't use that interpretation; they usually do use context and degrees when referring to "system seller". When someone says "system seller", they aren't referring to if it sells one console; but rather, how many consoles it shifts in relation to other games. Under that interpretation, the term does have significant meaning. 

Either way, your assertion that "the term system seller is a fallacy" is actually false, under both interpretations. If you're taking the literal interpretation, then obviously there are plenty of system sellers. But even if you take then contextually meaningful interpretation, then there are still plenty of games that move a relatively high amount of consoles, and thus warrant the title "system seller". I guess you could make the argument that Titanfall won't be a system seller to the extent that some are predicting, but that wouldn't logically lead to the conclusion that "the term system seller is a fallacy".

Around the Network

Well of course it will sell units, but the fact that it also on the 360 will lower its actual effect on boosting X1's sales. Had this been a X1 exclusive, then it could have been a big system seller.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Jay520 said:
FlamingWeazel said:

Exactly, this, so much this. Exactly what I was getting at, by that definition every game is a system seller, the term is stupid.

The term isn't stupid in the way that it's conventionally used on this site. Sure, if you're using a pendantic, literal interpretation of "system seller", then you could say the term is stupid because then every game could be a system seller. But most people don't use that interpretation; they usually do use context and degrees when referring to "system seller". When someone says "system seller", they aren't referring to if it sells one console; but rather, how many consoles it shifts in relation to other games. Under that interpretation, the term does have significant meaning. 

Either way, your assertion that "the term system seller is a fallacy" is actually false, under both interpretations. If you're taking the literal interpretation, then obviously there are plenty of system sellers. But even if you take then contextually meaningful interpretation, then there are still plenty of games that move a relatively high amount of consoles, and thus warrant the title "system seller". I guess you could make the argument that Titanfall won't be a system seller to the extent that some are predicting, but that wouldn't logically lead to the conclusion that "the term system seller is a fallacy".

Fair enough, I probably didn't articulate myself well, but what I am trying to say is it is given way more importance then it should on these forums and most places.  Some here have been making some pretty grand statement about titanfall and it's system selling abilities, they are just setting themselves up.,

I think this thread is going to need a bump after titanfall comes out

FlamingWeazel said:
d21lewis said:

You mean like people who says graphics, resolution don't matter, then say titan fall will sell more on x1 because of ...graphics and resolution being better on x1?

Good point

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Bliss said:
jabberjawky72 said:
Titanfall: Xbox One: 206,000 preorders
Titanfall: PC: 58,000 preorders
Titanfall: Xbox 360: 52,000 preorders

Its gonna sell a good amount of copies and push Xbox Ones. It will even persuade some customers from one system to another.

Naah it's also available on PC, which will be the best version, and everybody has a PC with better specs than XOne.

What?