By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The publisher you despise the most.

Tagged games:

Who is the worst?

Capcom 206 36.65%

EA 288 51.25%

Activision 57 10.14%

Rare 10 1.78%

Total:561

Gosh dang freaking Gameloft
What happened in the last few years? They used to be pumping out great games left and right! Now everything is either low quality, freemium, or both

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network
theRepublic said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Capcom, Platinum Games. Can't choose between those two.

Platinum Games is a developer, not a publisher.  And what is there to hate about them?  They are pretty awesome.

Because they make shady deals and backstab their fanbase in the process

ryuzaki57 said:
theRepublic said:
ryuzaki57 said:

Platinum Games is a developer, not a publisher.  And what is there to hate about them?  They are pretty awesome.

Why them 2? Cuz of MH4 and Bayo2? My question is how do they backstab their fanbase?

tbone51 said:
Why them 2? Cuz of MH4 and Bayo2? My question is how do they backstab their fanbase?

Capcom --> they make MH4U for 3DS only while there is clearly demand on Playstation platforms

PG --> they charge Bayo1 players 350€ for Bayo2

ryuzaki57 said:
tbone51 said:

Capcom --> they make MH4U for 3DS only while there is clearly demand on Playstation platforms

Dont kno about Platinum but as for Capcom what users? PSP had 20mil users and most MH fans have a 3DS as of now. Capcom stated they want only one platform to keep everybody on (this gen its 3DS).

Even though its better to release it multiplat imo i dont see it backstabing fans. MH Tri sold well on Nintendo systems and now most japanese gamers moved onto the 3DS. If people want to play MH just buy a 3DS, thats how i see it.

Around the Network

I don't hate any of the publishers. They finance games, and do their job. I see no reason to hate them.

ryuzaki57 said:
theRepublic said:
ryuzaki57 said:

Your options are (pick one):

A. Bayonetta 2 on the Wii U
B. No Bayonetta 2

Your choice.  Nothing "shady" about it.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

tbone51 said:

Even though its better to release it multiplat imo i dont see it backstabing fans. MH Tri sold well on Nintendo systems and now most japanese gamers moved onto the 3DS. If people want to play MH just buy a 3DS, thats how i see it.

That's not a reason not to offer a superior MH with sharper graphics and trophies. We're in the middle of the new portable gen and MH is still at PSP level. For a muti-millionaire series the least they could do is to ensure they fully use the capabilities of the new generation. They refuse to do that and it's a clear lack of respect towards the series' fans.

EA is the most annoying, but Activision is the evilest. BTW, while EA has used to milk franchises for ages, it's Activision that started the trend of intolerable greed in all the rest except milking, and the difference between Activision and EA is that the former does it in a very effective way, while the latter is totally clumsy at it, so it's perceived as the peskiest and worst while actually isn't.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!