By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The publisher you despise the most.

Tagged games:

Who is the worst?

Capcom 206 36.65%

EA 288 51.25%

Activision 57 10.14%

Rare 10 1.78%

Total:561
oniyide said:
tiffac said:
Capcom because I think they no longer have any idea on what they are doing. Except maybe milk MH.

Also, Sega because they keep killing their franchises and continue to alienate their fanbase outside of Japan. :(

id say they did that years ago with Sega Saturn

Well at least they were "kinda" subtle about it back then but now... ugh... X(

Around the Network
oniyide said:
DonFerrari said:
oniyide said:
people call out Activision for yearly COD (and rightly so) but why not do the same for Ubi? they do that with AC and Just Dance

I tought about them... actually if we look closer very little publishers don't have yearly releases, but at least AC change more from game to game than CoD right? And are better looking and less MP focussed, maybe they get less heat because of it... and Just Dance is Guitar Hero 2.0 and we already know how it will do.

Has Just Dance really changed that much? My gripe with AC is I actually LIKE that series. COD i can take or leave. But the thing with annual franchises outside of sports is they WILL decline. its not a matter of if but when. THe only franchise i can see that kind of beat this is KOF but even then they stopped doing annual releases years ago. AC to me does not suit a yearly release. People dont buy it for the MP and they dont change MP that much anyway. That shows the quality of the MP. I dont want to see it fade into the night but its already starting to decline. All three series are.

It's not a nice feeling when you see a franchise you like be destroyed by the dev you liked. I like Sony because of this... most of their IPs have 2 outputs per gen or a closed trilogy.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I don't understand what people have against Activision. They make games that consumers want that are actually really popular. The only down-side is that some other possibly even better games get overlooked by a big population of active gamers.

I don't really despise any of them. Though, a bit ticked at ea and bf4 though.

EA by a long shot my hate for them goes back to the Dreamcast era.

Around the Network
tiffac said:
oniyide said:
tiffac said:
Capcom because I think they no longer have any idea on what they are doing. Except maybe milk MH.

Also, Sega because they keep killing their franchises and continue to alienate their fanbase outside of Japan. :(

im sorry but i woulnt call completly dropping support of a console in the US subtle. Hell they are more subtle now.

DonFerrari said:
oniyide said:
DonFerrari said:
oniyide said:
people call out Activision for yearly COD (and rightly so) but why not do the same for Ubi? they do that with AC and Just Dance

I tought about them... actually if we look closer very little publishers don't have yearly releases, but at least AC change more from game to game than CoD right? And are better looking and less MP focussed, maybe they get less heat because of it... and Just Dance is Guitar Hero 2.0 and we already know how it will do.

Has Just Dance really changed that much? My gripe with AC is I actually LIKE that series. COD i can take or leave. But the thing with annual franchises outside of sports is they WILL decline. its not a matter of if but when. THe only franchise i can see that kind of beat this is KOF but even then they stopped doing annual releases years ago. AC to me does not suit a yearly release. People dont buy it for the MP and they dont change MP that much anyway. That shows the quality of the MP. I dont want to see it fade into the night but its already starting to decline. All three series are.

It's not a nice feeling when you see a franchise you like be destroyed by the dev you liked. I like Sony because of this... most of their IPs have 2 outputs per gen or a closed trilogy.

you dont have to tell me, if it were up to me, we would have AC every other year. But no, Ubi wants to be EA and Activision so bad. I didnt buy AC4 a bunch of people didnt. Its already declined despite being sold on two more systems.

Bethesda, the extent of their evils do not extend to the likes of EA, but unlike EA, they are overlooked and given massive amounts of praise. The massive praise and love for this company that has seemingly made the blatant con artists tactics of this company negligible by the masses. For this reason, they are the most dangerous and poisonous company in gaming.

They fucked people and whats worse, they got away with it in cash loads.

EA by a long shot. I still remember Bullfrog and Westwood Games. Now they Have Maxis and BioWare. TitanFall is a Xbox One exclusive because they could't resist selling out. Micro-transactions in Dead Space 3. They tend to buy popular franchises instead of developing them.

oniyide said:
tiffac said:
oniyide said:
tiffac said:

im sorry but i woulnt call completly dropping support of a console in the US subtle. Hell they are more subtle now.

Well true but they did come up with the Dreamcast, at least they tried. lol!