By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The publisher you despise the most.

Tagged games:

Who is the worst?

Capcom 206 36.65%

EA 288 51.25%

Activision 57 10.14%

Rare 10 1.78%

Total:561

I agree with OP, has to be capcom.

Another reason is that their games are all over the place. They sell exclusivity like poor kids sell their kidneys for iPads.

They have done it with MS, Sony and nintendo. Basically whoever offers them the most they will limit their game to that system.
I can understand if its an IP owned by someone else, but they are taking their biggest franchises and preventing millions of fans on other systems from playing them unless they buy that system.

They have no integrity, no sense of brand building and will abandon fans like they dont matter. For this reason, their games will never be as big as EA or Activision because they are in it for short-term gains.

Around the Network
Muffin31190 said:
OdinHades said:
Übisöft, because they make shitty games imo.

This thread is about Publishers, not developers ...

Ubisoft is a publisher.

--

It's a tough choice but I'm going to go with Sega.  They haven't localized Yakuza 5, Black Panther 1 and 2, PSO2, PSP2 Infinity, Valkyria Chronicles 3, etc.  They released Yakuza Dead Souls instead of Yakuza 5 despite knowing that even fans didn't want this game, much less the rest of the western audience. 

Runners up will be Tecmo Koei, Capcom, Square Enix, and Activision.

EA gets way too much hate as they actually publish games and the games are atleast good.  When an issue pops up, like SimCity or Battlefield 4 issues, people blow it out of proportion. 

Ubisoft almost gets the runner up tag because they release a lot of shovelware, they have a yearly Assassin's Creed, Just Dance, etc.  But they've released Far Cry 3, Rayman Legends, Origins, and Might and Magic 10, but are also developing a lot of next gen IPs for this/next gen.  Watch Dogs, The Crew, and The Division.  They would have been up there with the other publishers if not for the new IPs.

EA by a long shot.

That has nothing to do with their lack of a relationship with Nintendo, but 100% to do with their craptastic games, full of bugs, microtransactions, DRM, yearly releases with 5% changes, and so on.

Out of any issues anyone complains about any company, EA has those same x1000 plus more.

Not to jump on the Capcom hate bandwagon here, but yeah they are by far the worst.

and its a shame since they have published some of the greatest games ever.

Probably EA or Microsoft. I don't hate them, but it feels like whatever they say is a lie.

Around the Network
Nintentacle said:
Probably EA or Microsoft. I don't hate them, but it feels like whatever they say is a lie.

Maybe because it is lol Especially EA.

Capcom for all the stupid shit they keep pulling. I can forgive the on-disk DLC, milking the crap out of Street Fighter, and basically screwing over all early adopters of Marvel vs Capcom 3, but they've completely and utterly ruined my favorite franchise in gaming. Resident Evil was once so great, now it's just one awful game after another. Revelations was probably the only decent thing to come out of the franchise since RE4, and God knows if we'll ever get more games like that. They seem to just want to create awful action games.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Square Enix , crapcom... but EA is the worst...

By far EA. I'll hate them so much that I think I'll never buy one of their games ever, no matter how good.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

KylieDog said:
AZWification said:

Eh.. I liked Dante in the older games. In DmC he  is simply a typical emo character.

Oh, you're one of those criers who doesn't know what emo is and throws it at anything he dislikes.

I agree with this.

That said, Capcom the rehasher and DLC lover. I've made it a rule to never buy a Capcom game within at least the first year "thanks" to that.