By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The publisher you despise the most.

Tagged games:

Who is the worst?

Capcom 206 36.65%

EA 288 51.25%

Activision 57 10.14%

Rare 10 1.78%

Total:561

I would have to say EA. there all about nothing more then the bottom line and it shows in the quality of whatever games they have there hands in.

Around the Network

Capcom. They've all but trashed their franchises at this point by either re-imagining them (Resident Evil, Devil May Cry), completely forgetting about them (Mega-Man), or milking them (Street Fighter). And then there's the micro-transactions (Asura's Wrath). So yeah, fuck Capcom.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Muffin31190 said:
RavenXtra said:
Muffin31190 said:
kumagawa said:
Muffin31190 said:
OdinHades said:
Übisöft, because they make shitty games imo.

This thread is about Publishers, not developers ...

Ubisoft are a publisher they are Europe's largest.

Ok, but what I am saying is that people who usually "make" games are Developers, not Publishers.

Wouldn't that exlude your own choice as well? Nintendo develops like 80% of the games they publish.

OT: Definitely EA. Just a very shady business in general.

This is what first party is to nintendo, so look at all of the nintendo games that are made and you will see that none are made by Nintendo but they are developed by Nintendo EAD (or others) which are 1st party developers so technically what you said is wrong. 

Is this not your quote? "Ok, but what I am saying is that people who usually "make" games are Developers, not Publishers."

I'm not sure why you think first-party studios like Nintendo EAD, Nintendo SPD, Monolith Soft, Intelligent Systems, etc. are not part of Nintendo? Nintendo owns these studios and the employees are part of their corporate heirarchy, and they make games solely for this company. This makes Nintendo a developer with multiple studios, who also publishes their own games as well as for other studios.

In this same example Ubisoft is a developer that also publishes its own games. Ubisoft is made up of multiple studios that all produce games solely for Ubisoft. If you count Ubisoft as a developer, then I don't see why you'd exclude Nintendo from the same definition.

I don't want to seem harsh or anything, but I'm not sure where you're coming from on that subject.

KylieDog said:

When did DMC have awesome characters?  Dante was always a ridiculous character and he got worse with each games release.  Massive combos still take skill in new DmC, but basic ones ar emuch easier, skilled players do not need a lock on feature.

If most fans of a given franchise/series shit on a particular release and point out many of the same reasons for them not liking it, which is the case with DmC, then there is most likely something wrong with it. Almost every DMC fan I know hates that game, even more than DMC2, and beyond that the sales for the game prove it to be less than desired in comparison.

Sorry, but you're in the minority.

People complaining about Street Fighter re-releases with minor DLCs added... It's not even close to Annual CoDs, Fifas (and all other sport games) and the like, they are all the same game for basically 5 years with minute improvements and added chapters/players... all of them could be made as DLC, but won't because 60 for each sale is better than 20... and mandating people buy new one or be out of MP is really effective and dirty.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DevilRising said:
KylieDog said:

When did DMC have awesome characters?  Dante was always a ridiculous character and he got worse with each games release.  Massive combos still take skill in new DmC, but basic ones ar emuch easier, skilled players do not need a lock on feature.

If most fans of a given franchise/series shit on a particular release and point out many of the same reasons for them not liking it, which is the case with DmC, then there is most likely something wrong with it. Almost every DMC "fan" I know hates that game, even more than DMC2, and beyond that the sales for the game prove it to be less than desired in comparison.

Sorry, but you're in the minority.

Fix'd

Capcom for on disc DLC, the new 13 GB update for DR3, canning pretty much every recent Mega Man game and blaming fans for it is enough to warrant their place. I can't say much about EA, they usually make games I am not interested in so I usually avoid most of their crap.

DonFerrari said:
People complaining about Street Fighter re-releases with minor DLCs added... It's not even close to Annual CoDs, Fifas (and all other sport games) and the like, they are all the same game for basically 5 years with minute improvements and added chapters/players... all of them could be made as DLC, but won't because 60 for each sale is better than 20... and mandating people buy new one or be out of MP is really effective and dirty.

i see where you are coming from. I dont think people complain too much about Street Fighter proper. That is one of the few things Capcom got right IMHO. the original release was fine. then the did the Super thing, but it was cheaper and IMO way better. every subsequent "release" was just an add on, one didnt NEED to buy it unless they didnt own the Super edition and even then. its only 30 bucks. Cant see how you wouldnt want that. The problem with Capcom is they didnt extend this to the other fighting games. Mvs.C3 got a definitive edition announced for cheaper about 2 months after the game came out and was released months later. That pissed me off as i could of just waited for a cheaper better version. SFxTekken was just a clusterfuck of greed. 12 characters locked behind a paywall? 360 version terribad? Its crazy cause the game itself is actually good. Im just glad i have Vita so I could (ironically) get the best version of the game.

As for COD, i dont think the last part is true. I suspect you will still find plenty of people playing the old games, its not like they just stop playing them al together when a new one is out, but if it makes you feel better its starting to decline.

people call out Activision for yearly COD (and rightly so) but why not do the same for Ubi? they do that with AC and Just Dance

Capcom because I think they no longer have any idea on what they are doing. Except maybe milk MH.

Also, Sega because they keep killing their franchises and continue to alienate their fanbase outside of Japan. :(