By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The publisher you despise the most.

Tagged games:

Who is the worst?

Capcom 206 36.65%

EA 288 51.25%

Activision 57 10.14%

Rare 10 1.78%

Total:561

For me, it has got to be EA. They represent everything that is wrong with the video game industry today. I don't know why people still buy their games when it seems like their only goal to to screw over consumers. The last time I bought an EA game was Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10. That was about 5 years ago. If you go back before that to the sixth generation, that is the last time I would have called EA a good publisher.

I don't understand all the Capcom hate. I guess I am just neutral on them. I don't buy as much from them as I used to, but they still do decent stuff now and again. I guess I don't pay as much attention to them to hear all the bad stuff.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:
Capcom, Platinum Games. Can't choose between those two.

Platinum Games is a developer, not a publisher.  And what is there to hate about them?  They are pretty awesome.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

EA for their policies against Nintendo and after what they did to Dead Space 3. Also that they think every game should have an online component

Not happy with Capcom because of the continued ignoring of Mega Man and the way they fucked up Resident Evil
And of course the Konami and Castlevania situation

EA, Capcom, Squeenix, Nintendo for me, because all are either one or a combination of being greedy and / or lazy when it comes to their stable of IPs and their business practices.

Side note: Why is Rare in the poll? They aren't a publisher, and never were. Their current state has more to do with who owns them than the company themselves, though they still are miles away from what they were 15-20 years ago no matter who owns them at this point.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Are you kidding me!
Activision deserves all the fucking votes, I guess you all love the yearly call of duty crap

Around the Network

I pick EA because I bought Madden 13 and holy crap! The game is so shitty it's unbelievable. I used to love the classic Maddens and NHL games, they are among my all time favorite games actually. But the crap they are pushing out these days are below those games in quality and never ever represent a forward progress for the franchises.

It is shameful that I hook up my old Genesis and play Madden 95 more often than I play Madden 13 and that I enjoy a 20 year old game more than it's direct successor two decades later.

Fusioncode said:
Capcom for all the stupid shit they keep pulling. I can forgive the on-disk DLC, milking the crap out of Street Fighter, and basically screwing over all early adopters of Marvel vs Capcom 3, but they've completely and utterly ruined my favorite franchise in gaming. Resident Evil was once so great, now it's just one awful game after another. Revelations was probably the only decent thing to come out of the franchise since RE4, and God knows if we'll ever get more games like that. They seem to just want to create awful action games.

Non of those things are forgivable especially on disc dlc. Thats probably the worse one.

theRepublic said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Capcom, Platinum Games. Can't choose between those two.

Platinum Games is a developer, not a publisher.  And what is there to hate about them?  They are pretty awesome.

I think he's still upset over Bayonetta 2.

DevilRising said:
Muffin31190 said:
KK cuz I Honestly dislike Nintendo the most (but EA will always be the worst :P), Nintendo just gets on my nerve with the fact that they never Push forward with a grand new AAA IP and it is really showing as of late.
I mean it just shows when you look at the line-ups of the Xbox and PS4 where at least half of the 1st party games that are coming to there consoles are new IP's (and it has shown with the last two Generation's). Also it is not so much that they don't come up with new IP's, it is that they don't get behind them as you can see with Wonderful 101, and they always just bank on an established franchise, I mean just Imagine if they put the same team that made Super Mario 3D world and also the time and effort into new IP's Nintendo would be on top and capture everyone's imagination.
I just don't want another Mario or Zelda from Nintendo, I want something that will surprise me with how New and fresh it is, but it doesn't seem like that will happen except for X (which looks awesome).

There had to be someone to give the obligatory "complain about Nintendo because reasons" post. Congrats on it being you.

@Thread

EA and Activision take the cake, equally, with Ubisoft not very far behind them these days. They are absolutely what is wrong with the gaming business today, and gamers who eat up their every release are contributing to it's decline by supporting annual release garbage instead of developers who actually put time and thought into their games, instead of just going for as much money as possible.

i love how personally you take this. LOL

Lyrikalstylez said:
Are you kidding me!
Activision deserves all the fucking votes, I guess you all love the yearly call of duty crap

There are things out there worse than rehashed cod games, bro.