By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - “There Is Only One Real Last Chance For Wii U And It Is Mario Kart 8,”

How about no... There are a lot more games that can boost sales of Wii U and turn tide around...

You can't always expect for a single game to turn a fortune of a console by 180 degrees, you will likely to do it with 4 or 5 games. A one big bullet can do the job at the right time and spot yet you have more chances with 4-5 average bullets...

Around the Network

If MK8 doesn't "save" the system then Smash Bros. isn't doing sh*t. Mario Kart has far more appeal across the board, Smash is more for the core Nintendo fanatics.

freebs2 said:
daredevil.shark said:
pezus said:
Nsanity said:
This is only one UK retailers opinion, not all of them.

More like 3.

OT: What I've been saying. MK8 alone won't save it, but that combined with a big pricecut might

This might be too late to implement for nintendo.

Just maybe if they ditch the gamepad

They wont. They are stubborn. Arrogance is their downfall. I remember at launch of wii u they were very arrogant. They refused to give any info of new gamepad being sold seperately for wii u let alone selling them seperately.

Ninty should go all out when MK8 releases and drop the price of the WiiU at the same time, that will cause major ripples.

They are not going to drop the price again anytime soon. Doing so once was already against what they intended, and is costing them money, which is part of the reason for their overblown "operating loss".

They will drop the price again, but I seriously doubt it'll be until sometime in 2015. I think an MK bundle by itself would sell a lot of systems, and the game's presence, combined with Smash Bros. and other titles, especially an epic Zelda, should do wonders. Just making sure they keep a steady flow of titles happening is very important, that was a huge reason for the drought, was so few titles being released in the first half of 2013.

And besides that, people acting as if $300 is "too expensive" for Wii U, when despite what few flaws it has, Wii U offers a lot of value for that price, and it's STILL $100 cheaper than a PS4, $200 cheaper than an Xbone, and any version of the Wii U you buy STILL comes with a packed in game, AND free online play. Long story short, acting as if Wii U after this last price drop is "overpriced", is both naive and a bit absurd.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
freebs2 said:
daredevil.shark said:
pezus said:
Nsanity said:
This is only one UK retailers opinion, not all of them.

More like 3.

OT: What I've been saying. MK8 alone won't save it, but that combined with a big pricecut might

This might be too late to implement for nintendo.

Just maybe if they ditch the gamepad

They wont. They are stubborn. Arrogance is their downfall. I remember at launch of wii u they were very arrogant. They refused to give any info of new gamepad being sold seperately for wii u let alone selling them seperately.

Well (just maybe), their huge losses will make them humble. (I hope so at least). The could still sell the gamepad separetly (bundled with NintendoLand). Also I would render the gamepad PC-compatible, so you could stream PC games on it.

MK8 is not going to do wonders, definitely not with a unappealing system at $300. I'm not trying to break anyones hope but it's time to face reality: Gamecube was only $99 when Mario Kart Double Dash released and even that didn't do wonders, and the Gamecube was actually comparable to other systems in the generation and hade better third party support and was selling much better.

AnthonyW86 said:

MK8 is not going to do wonders, definitely not with a unappealing system at $300. I'm not trying to break anyones hope but it's time to face reality: Gamecube was only $99 when Mario Kart Double Dash released and even that didn't do wonders, and the Gamecube was actually comparable to other systems in the generation and hade better third party support and was selling much better.

Good point.

I don't think anyone is silly enough to think the Wii U will turn around, but a few die hard fans are clinging to the hope the sytem will recover to Gamecube levels of sales.

Purple said:
AnthonyW86 said:

Good point.

I don't think anyone is silly enough to think the Wii U will turn around, but a few die hard fans are clinging to the hope the sytem will recover to Gamecube levels of sales.

Even Gamecube levels are out starting to look out of reach at this point. Just look at the software support from the past half year compared to Gamecube: http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=85455146

Gamecube saw 109 games released in that period against 35 on Wii-U, that's over three times as much!

Mario Kart won't save it. The console is finished and it is completely Nintendos fault.