By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - “There Is Only One Real Last Chance For Wii U And It Is Mario Kart 8,”

Corvo said:
maverick40 said:
Mario Kart won't save it. The console is finished and it is completely Nintendos fault.

Quoted, going to save this and use after MK8 is released, it is going to be funny.

Or sad. Probably sad.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
DevilRising said:
They are not going to drop the price again anytime soon. Doing so once was already against what they intended, and is costing them money, which is part of the reason for their overblown "operating loss".

They will drop the price again, but I seriously doubt it'll be until sometime in 2015. I think an MK bundle by itself would sell a lot of systems, and the game's presence, combined with Smash Bros. and other titles, especially an epic Zelda, should do wonders. Just making sure they keep a steady flow of titles happening is very important, that was a huge reason for the drought, was so few titles being released in the first half of 2013.

And besides that, people acting as if $300 is "too expensive" for Wii U, when despite what few flaws it has, Wii U offers a lot of value for that price, and it's STILL $100 cheaper than a PS4, $200 cheaper than an Xbone, and any version of the Wii U you buy STILL comes with a packed in game, AND free online play. Long story short, acting as if Wii U after this last price drop is "overpriced", is both naive and a bit absurd.

Don't think it is overpriced, but I'll wait for ir to be at 200... but you can't be sure of what general customers think.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Corvo said:
maverick40 said:
Mario Kart won't save it. The console is finished and it is completely Nintendos fault.

Quoted, going to save this and use after MK8 is released, it is going to be funny.

It most certainly is going to be funny! I am glad you quoted me. 

When a 3D Mario with  a metacritic score of over 90 fails to sell anything on the console. What makes you think mario Kart will?

Mario Gallaxy sold over 20 million on the Wii. What happened with the latest 3D mario title so?

Tagging this. I also don't think MK or Smash will save it unless there is radical change in their business structure.

Look it will push console probably but save it alone no chance. Hopefully there is a Nintendo direct this Friday telling us some new game news.because even the announced games alone are not enough.

Around the Network

some other things thatd help:
1) let diff devices share purchases, sorry not rebuying all my 3ds virtual console games to play them on wiiu
2) add more games to virtual console, psst, snes and n64 existed guys...
3) RELEASE MORE WIIU GAMES PERIOD
4) remove the stupid region locking you xenophobic morons

5) just a personal one, stop locking out japanese devices from changing system language you assholes

- posted from my soon to be discontinued WiiU.