By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Anyone else have MP shooters ruined for them by Titanfall alpha videos?

Nope. Actually the game footage is making me not want to buy the game.

Around the Network

The game looks ok, but I dont care for lack of destructible environments. I cant imagine a mech shooting a barrage of rockets and not making a ding on a building or sign. Might give it a shot if I ever upgrade my computer.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

CDiablo said:
The game looks ok, but I dont care for lack of destructible environments. I cant imagine a mech shooting a barrage of rockets and not making a ding on a building or sign. Might give it a shot if I ever upgrade my computer.

This. The thought I took away from the videos was how much better it would be if it were running on Frostbite. Huge maps, big player count, and fully destructible enviornments would make this game a lot better.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

J_Allard said:
DialgaMarine said:
Yeah… The game looks decent, but it's not the end all be all of MP shooters. Unless they start adding objective driven game modes similar to Killzone 3's Operations or MAG's Domination, it'll pretty much just end up like every other run of the mill frag fest MP. Just with mechs. Killzone 3 anyone?

The game has objective modes. There are videos in the OP.

I referring to full on Objective driven mission-like modes. Have you ever played KZ3's Operations mode, or MAG's Domination mode? Both those modes pushed a whole new level of MP gaming, especially MAG. Just imagine BF4's rush mode, but on a much larger scale and a diverstiy of objectives that each have a different affect on the outcome of the battle.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

My only problem is that it relies on all those bots. It looks like it'll just end up being people farming easy bot kills then tearing things up in Titans. While that may be fun for awhile, I think it will get old pretty quickly for me. If they increased teams sizes of real players and got rid of the bots I'd be really tempted to get this on my PC.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:

Well I'd suggest watching a handful of the many videos. When you have a pilot v pilot situation, it takes way more bullets and time to die than in any CoD or recent BF game. And idk what games you're using for comparison with the recoil. A twitch shooter is never going to have the recoil of ARMA or AA or Red Orchestra, etc. There are also many guns in the alpha and like any other game, some offer lower recoil in exchange for less stopping power or a slower fire rate.

Seems like you just don't like twitch shooters.

It's not just the fact that it's a twitch shooter. It's that, plus other factors, that lead to the time-to-kill being very low (although higher than CoD), which means there are no gun battles. 90% of the time kills come simply because you aimed at someone first, which almost always leads to immediate death. 

I actually enjoy twitch shooters. For example, I enjoyed Timesplitters, Unreal Tournament, Halo, etc. (not sure if Halo counts). Even though they were twitch shooters, I had fun because you didn't die so quickly (you actually have a good chance of killing a weaker player who shot at you first), and you don't have to aim down the sites to aim accurately. I have found memories battles in those games that lasted over a few seconds, where you were constantly adjusting your aim to match your opponents maneuvers, while dodging bulltets yourself. Those moments are pretty much nonexistent today, except in Halo.

As for games with good recoil, I would say I loved the recoil of Killzone 2. Hell, I thought recoil in Uncharted 2 was sufficient. So yeah, more recoil could have been done here. It doesn't have to be to the level of ARMA. As it stands now, it's clear to me why many aren't excited for a game where the majority of the gameplay/pace is similar to CoD, with an negligible increase in recoil and the time required to kill.

Halo 5 will have some competition on its hands because this looks freaking awesome!

Puppyroach said:
Halo 5 will have some competition on its hands because this looks freaking awesome!

Halo 5 will destroy Titanfall

Actually I am not impressed at all... In fact I am almost a bit disappointed, because I expected more from a "Next Gen" shooter. Don't get me wrong, it looks like a lot fun, but it doesn't seem special. I don't see it having the same effect CoD 4 had on shooters. The one thing that holds it back the most is the bots.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Kresnik said:
Imaginedvl said:

Lol of course, yes.

Funny how a good amount of PlayStation enthusiasts positing in the first page are not excited for an obivous reason and try to make it sounds like it has nothing to do with the fact the game is not coming out on PS4 :)

Really, don't do this.

Yah, it was dumb and I realized it after posting and getting some replies.
Thank for not banning me for that. It would have been deserved.