By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Anyone else have MP shooters ruined for them by Titanfall alpha videos?

Jay520 said:
Imaginedvl said:
Lol of course, yes.

Funny how all the PlayStation enthusiasts are not excited (which is normal) and try to make it sounds like it has nothing to do with the fact the game is not coming out on PS4 :)

ooh, I can do that too!

Funny how all the Xbox enthusiasts are excited and try to make it sound like it has nothing to do with the fact that the game is not coming out on the PS4.

But that would ensue a dull and predictable exchange of poor arguments and generalizations.

While we're on the subject: Explain how this game is exciting, other than the fact that it's not coming out on the PS4

I will anwser that from my point of view :) (for the rest, I already explained myself in previous post, I deserve the heat .

So, why am I excited about Titanfall, wow.. Good question.

- COD like, I mean, I love Halo and COD, they are both shooters but the gameplay is really different. So either kind of gameplay would be a hit with me.
- Titans, straffing, etc... I'm adding straffing because it feels like a Mechwarrior game.
- Azure powered :) Dedicated servers of course + good amount of AIs. (compared to actual shooters on consoles)
- On console.
- Xbox One exclusive
- Same people who created COD.
- The double jump (jetpack) thing; I believe and the very fast gameplay coming with it...

That's a start :)

Around the Network

It's no secrete that I was never really excited for TitanFall as I don't really like shooters. But I don't really see what makes this game in particular special. The game mechanics look very similar to COD. Honestly I think the game would be a lot cooler if it was based on BF than COD. The game looks like it burns for large maps/player counts with destructible environments.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Imaginedvl said:
Callum_Alexander said:
Imaginedvl said:
Lol of course, yes.

Funny how all the PlayStation enthusiasts are not excited (which is normal) and try to make it sounds like it has nothing to do with the fact the game is not coming out on PS4 :)

OR...they may believe it looks like every other shooter available today? Of course there will be some who insult the game because the first iteration is only being released on Microsoft's platforms - the same people will no doubt rush out to buy Titanfall 2 when it is available on PlayStation 4 - but there are also people who treat this game like the second coming of gaming, just because it is only releasing on Microsoft's platforms.

To me it looks about as fun as Call of Duty, and I haven't bought a Call of Duty since World at War.

Actually, it was more some of them :) You are right for the rest. (I edited my post)
For instance if we looks at eThomaz response, it is basicaly what he is responding in every thread about every Xbox One games; this i my point :) But I generalized and I derserve the beat down!

It wasn't intended as a beatdown! :D

I guess that generalisation annoys me because it then prevents anybody from saying anything negative about the game, or thinking any different from the OP, because that would automatically make them a fanboy. To me, Titanfall looks bland and boring, and I struggled to sit and watch the entirety of all three videos - I did watch them all though as you cannot pass opinion on something unless you see it in its entirety - but to others it will be a phenomenally exciting experience every time they load it up. I honestly cannot fathom why they will get so excited, but there are many people who will feel the same about Infamous: Second Son - a game I cannot wait to get my hands on!

I watched these the other day. This game is gonna sell to every MP shooter fan. It is so smooth and such a change from the usual COD and BF. I agree, I haven't bought a FPS at all yet. I have 6 games for Xbox One and no shooters.

Titanfall is the one. Sorry Destiny. I might get Destiny in the bargain bin down the line. Titanfall looks a lot more fun imo.

Gameplay looks fun as hell by the way. I like how it is very fast paced. I'm a UT player so this is right up my alley.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
J_Allard said:

I almost feel as if we need to change our calenders and reconfigure time to portray BT (Before Titanfall) and AT (After Titanfall). Check out these videos:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19x61p_tf_videogames

Am I supposed to load up CoD ever again after watching this?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19x14l_titanfall-alpha-gameplay_videogames

Battlefield 4? Ha!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19yv4f_titanfall-closed-alpha-gameplay-directfeed_videogames

Can I keep playing Last of Us MP or Gears Judgement OverRun after experiencing this? No.

How is it possible for the gameplay to actually surpass the hype? I know I jokingly call it GOTG but holy shit. It's going to be a long wait until March and looks like I won't be playing any shooters until then.

If you were any harder for this game your boner would rip through your pants.

Just chill until you see the final product. You're setting yourself up for disappointment this way.

The FPS gameplay looks like a cross between CoD and Battlefield so towards the high end of FPS multiplayer gameplay but still generic FPS. I was impressed with the ease of the 'free running' aspect in some of those videos. Having a map so filled with stuff makes it more fun and I can see the appeal of it.

It's good to finally see some 'gameplay' that isn't just a prescripted video. Depending on it's requirements, I might try it on PC.

Hmm, pie.

selnor1983 said:
I watched these the other day. This game is gonna sell to every MP shooter fan. It is so smooth and such a change from the usual COD and BF. I agree, I haven't bought a FPS at all yet. I have 6 games for Xbox One and no shooters.

Titanfall is the one. Sorry Destiny. I might get Destiny in the bargain bin down the line. Titanfall looks a lot more fun imo.

Destiny is funny because back in 2007 I was looking forward very much to Halo 3 since I was a huge Halo SP fan and a fan of Halo 2 MP. Then the CoD4 beta happened and everything changed. Fast forward to this gen, Bungie is set to release another shooter, and once again the Respawn guys (formerly Infinity Ward) have released a beta destroying any hype I had for it.

Imaginedvl said:

Lol of course, yes.

Funny how a good amount of PlayStation enthusiasts positing in the first page are not excited for an obivous reason and try to make it sounds like it has nothing to do with the fact the game is not coming out on PS4 :)

Really, don't do this.

J_Allard said:
Jay520 said:
Another twitch shooter where guns have minimum recoil and kill within 0.2 seconds? God, I hate those.

I can understand why people are hyped from the game, as it seems very polished and will likely satisfy its intended audience. But I was expecting something a bit more ....different. Other than the mechs and jumping, what makes it stand out from every other shooter? Serious question.

So you didn't watch videos? The guns have recoil and you take way more bullets to die than in CoD or BF.

I have found the videos to portray a surprising blend of CoD and Halo. Just in some small aesthetics. The game most certainly has its own charm and style imho.

How dare you insult my integrity! Yes, I watched the damn video!

Sorry, please allow me to calm down after that dishonorable attack on my character. Anyway...

I'm not sure if it takes more bullets to kill than in CoD, but I can see that it takes approximately 0.2 seconds to kill with (what appears to be) any gun shooting anywhere at the body, from any distance. Maybe you have a lower standard for when time-to-kill is too low to be fun, but I would prefer if gun battles were actual gun battles; rather than "whoever aims first gets the kill". So yeah, the time-to-kill is much too low for me, but I'm sure plenty of people will love it.

As for the recoil, again, you must be comparing it to CoD or BF, because the recoil in that game was virtually nonexistent for me. 

In the end though, the shooting plays out just like CoD with jumping (and mechs!). You sprint around the map, the characters move like they're on speed, you see anything that even remotely looks like an enemy, and you aim (and pray to god that you aimed first) getting the kill before you can blink. I miss the old-school shooters where the combination of recoil, low aim-assist, and high time-to-kill meant that killing someone required a relatively prolonged dual with your opponent; that was a "true" battle of skill. Games like this, CoD, and BF just seem like tests of reflexes with no thought required.