By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Anyone else have MP shooters ruined for them by Titanfall alpha videos?

It looks like a Call of Duty modpack.

CoD killer? I doubt it, but its gonna be a lot of fun

Around the Network

Unfortunately, I've had the opposite reaction. My enthusiasm for the game has waned since watching these videos.

Don't get me wrong, it still looks like a ton of fun, but I guess I was hoping for something that transcended the Call of Duty experience, not something that just refined it.

The mech stuff looks insanely fun though

Lol of course, yes.

Funny how a good amount of PlayStation enthusiasts positing in the first page are not excited for an obivous reason and try to make it sounds like it has nothing to do with the fact the game is not coming out on PS4 :)

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Still feels like a COD game with mechs and jumping. But I think it's mostly the "codish" art graphics that makes it feel like that.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

Carl2291 said:

Don't you believe that it may actually be a COD killer on Xbox platform at least?
I don't know, with the fast peaced gameplay and the addition on those mechs; I believe it may have good chances. 

Around the Network

Another twitch shooter where guns have minimum recoil and kill within 0.2 seconds? God, I hate those.

I can understand why people are hyped from the game, as it seems very polished and will likely satisfy its intended audience. But I was expecting something a bit more ....different. Other than the mechs and jumping, what makes it stand out from every other shooter? Serious question.

Imaginedvl said:
Carl2291 said:

Don't you believe that it may actually be a COD killer on Xbox platform at least?
I don't know, with the fast peaced gameplay and the addition on those mechs; I believe it may have good chances. 

I think it will definitely impact Call of Duty's sales on the Xbox and PC, but I think Call of Duty is beginning to lose its charm with gamers anyway.

Imaginedvl said:
Lol of course, yes.

Funny how all the PlayStation enthusiasts are not excited (which is normal) and try to make it sounds like it has nothing to do with the fact the game is not coming out on PS4 :)

Because anyone who doesn't like the games you like is obviously a liar and just butthurt? Not everyone is impressed by Titanfall. I know that's hard to fathom but there are indeed people of all kinds, Xbox gamers and non-Xbox gamers, who legitimately don't care for what they've seen. Again, like my buddy who is an Xbox fan. Unless ofcourse you want to try and convince us that every owner of an Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PC will own Titanfall. The Last of Us has won an absurd amount of praise and yet on a console that has moved over 80 million it has still only sold a few million retail copies. Some of those PlayStation fans you're talking about weren't impressed with Titanfall even when they thought it was coming to PS4 eventually.

Imaginedvl said:

Nope.

Call of Duty will always do well on Xbox platforms. Titanfall will sell well, but its gonna be no more of a Call of Duty killer than Halo was on 360.

I think you've found your answer.