Forums - Gaming Discussion - If One Of The Big 3 Went Bankrupt, Which One Going Would Be The Best For The Gaming Industry?

Which one would be the best for the industry?

Nintendo 35 13.36%

Sony 55 20.99%

Microsoft 172 65.65%

Total:262

If I have to choose I say Microsoft, I have always liked more the Sony's first-party offering, even if I liked Halo too, just doesn't appeal in a whole to me. Nintendo is in 2nd spot for me, I wouldn't like they quit.

Around the Network

I voted Microsoft. They have virtually no first-party games (Halo? Gears of War? Crappy Kinect games?) They are also the newest, but it's pretty much following the same path Sony is with it's consoles, but Sony is doing it better.

If you say Nintendo so more could enjoy their games, that seems a little hypocritical to me.

OUYA. Because they're already irrelevant.

Close between M$ and -$ony neither are gaming companies primarily, and thirds dominate their identity. Gaming was fine before them, will be fine after.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

The way things currently sit, I guess it is Nintendo.

People saying Microsoft leaving would be best don't know what they're talking about. Games library is the least important element of this debate, as any library would go multiplatform the instant one of these companies went under.

Whilst Nintendo has offered great and unique innovation, the reality is thats only occurring every second generation these days, and it just isn't keeping them as competitive as the other two players in the game.

Microsoft has been innovating consistently and effectively. Sony has embarked on a long process of trying to keep up with ideas Microsoft has already had, implemented and made mainstream (on-line, controller-free motion, cross party chat, multimedia powerhouses etc). Sony's idea of hardware and services innovation is just more power. Whilst all three companies are innovating within games, this is not relevant to this specific question as, again, IPs and studios would go multi-platform immediately. Nintendo has been the genesis for many great ideas (like motion), but it has consistently been Microsoft that has found a way to make them mainstream, expand them etc.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Hmm, I'd go with Microsoft since the XBO shares most of the same games with the PS4. I wouldn't really miss Halo or Forza.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

F0X said:
You mean which one would be the least bad to lose, right? I refuse to answer until this is clarified.

Which one going bankrupt would help the gaming industry the most, or effect it the least.

Microsoft

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Well MS and Sony are competing against each other and competition drives innovation forward so the answer its pretty obvious.

How about this. Microsoft leaves and Sega returns.