By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If One Of The Big 3 Went Bankrupt, Which One Going Would Be The Best For The Gaming Industry?

Which one would be the best for the industry?

Nintendo 35 13.36%

Sony 55 20.99%

Microsoft 172 65.65%

Total:262

Microsoft. They have by far the weakest first-party studios, which is why they constantly have to pay third party developers to make exclusives for them.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Nintentacle said:

In the title. I'm not sure, but I want to know what everyone else thinks.

Edit: Voted Microsoft.

at least give a reason... as I have.

dollar signs, blind hate and hyperbole arent reasons btw.

Because they haven't really done new ideas. Online was Sega's idea, and their controller designs aren't very original. Nintendo would have been my second choice, actually.

Anfebious said:

Nintendo, so that people around the world can enjoy their gaming offerings.

They would be gone though. They wouldn't be able to make games on Xbox or PS.

No really winner
Nintendo are too busy living in the 80's and 90's.
Sony have excellent hardware and 1st party developers but can be arrogant at times.
MS only really care about the bottom line.

Hard to say but i don't think we need Nintendo.
Sony and MS are pushing consoles experiences while Nintendo tries to play catch up.

You mean which one would be the least bad to lose, right? I refuse to answer until this is clarified.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

The gamer side of me says Microsoft. They haven't been around as long as the other two, so their foot isn't in the door as much. (Although that is changing quite quickly.) As well has having the seemingly weakest first party offerings and the fact that they would still be around, just not muddling with gaming. However, that can also be said about Sony.

The last point, that is...

If I have to choose I say Microsoft, I have always liked more the Sony's first-party offering, even if I liked Halo too, just doesn't appeal in a whole to me. Nintendo is in 2nd spot for me, I wouldn't like they quit.

I voted Microsoft. They have virtually no first-party games (Halo? Gears of War? Crappy Kinect games?) They are also the newest, but it's pretty much following the same path Sony is with it's consoles, but Sony is doing it better.

If you say Nintendo so more could enjoy their games, that seems a little hypocritical to me.

OUYA. Because they're already irrelevant.

Close between M$ and -$ony neither are gaming companies primarily, and thirds dominate their identity. Gaming was fine before them, will be fine after.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.