By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If One Of The Big 3 Went Bankrupt, Which One Going Would Be The Best For The Gaming Industry?

Which one would be the best for the industry?

Nintendo 35 13.36%

Sony 55 20.99%

Microsoft 172 65.65%

Total:262

In the title. I'm not sure, but I want to know what everyone else thinks.

Edit: Voted Microsoft.

Around the Network

I'd say none.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

_crazy_man_ said:
I'd say none.

Then which one would be the worst for the gaming industry?

To be honest, any of them leaving would be nothing but bad for the gaming industry, so the true answer is none.

However, for the sake of this poll, I voted sony. Only reason is they are too dominant, stifles competition. It is a stupid reason and i dont actually believe it, but there ya go.

I like Ninty and Sony the most and their first party offerings would not be made up for by a simple poaching of their studios and talents so I have to say MS because while I like games like Gears and Halo I would not miss them nearly as much. While their competition has been good for Sony to offer things like Plus, back in the PS2 and PS1 they really weren't competing and Sony still pumped out quality titles and affordable consoles. PS3 was expensive because of what was being offered and they sold it at a loss so don't tell me that's the product of bad competition. Now if only we could get a little more parody so that Ninty and Sony could both live healthily in their weaker sectors (home and portable respectively).

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

If I had to name one, that would be Microsoft.

The reasons are that Microsoft and Sony push the industry in the same direction, but Sony seems to understand the market better than Microsoft (they had to after the fiasco that was the launch of the PS3) so they deserve to stay, at least until they mess it up again. Meanwhile, losing Nintendo would be bad because they go for a different approach given that they can't directly compete with the other two, meaning that they end offering something new or unique (sometimes it works, others not).

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

None of them should leave...

I was going to pick one anyway but upon farther thinking...no.

Nintendo, so that people around the world can enjoy their gaming offerings.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Microsoft, I honestly feel the structure for XBLive isn't really a great system in place any more. I know Sony followed suit with PSN Plus and PSN Home (I hope this isn't ported into the PS4), but the fact that commercialization of the whole ecosystem that you already pay for is really off putting.

Right now it would absolutely be Microsoft. They have pushed paid online, expensive, money-losing systems, paid exclusive content and expensive AAA games. Their goal is to promote Windows, not games. The industry would be better without them in it. Though having 3 options is good.