By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Top 40 week ending 18th Jan 2014

dsage01 said:
Killzone is a beast...having a great MP mode really did the game some good
Ghosts, Fifa and BF is actually sustaining better than I thought it would
Grand Theft Auto is stilll huge and it clearly looks look no game is going to compete with it for a LONG while
Gran Turismo though...anyway this late in the gen and that too without any hype or marketing its not that bad I guess

Being bundled did the game good.

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
Has anybody heard how Minecraft is doing on PS3?

Passed a million sales a couple of weeks ago going by the leaderboards. The leaderboards only go up to a million though so you can't tell past that.  

Makes me wonder how PS4/One versions of Minecraft will do. Assuming they hit retail, of course.

kowenicki said:
Incubi said:
Somini said:
Incubi said:
Good thing we have the media create/famitsu chart arriving in a couple of days to alleviate that depressing UK chart.

I find Japan's charts far more depressing where everything is 3DS related. Here you see more consoles and games coexisting at least.

Well. It's also about the numbers, altough we cant see them you kind of know in the back of your mind that they're very low (judging from UK numbers on VGChart) compared to bigger markets.

huh? there are only two markets bigger...

These other two markets are in an order of magnitude bigger. UK numbers usually look tiny and insignificant in comparison. Thats why we have Europe/USA/Japan on the frontpage and not UK/USA/Japan. 

kowenicki said:
Incubi said:
kowenicki said:
Incubi said:
Somini said:
Incubi said:
Good thing we have the media create/famitsu chart arriving in a couple of days to alleviate that depressing UK chart.

I find Japan's charts far more depressing where everything is 3DS related. Here you see more consoles and games coexisting at least.

Well. It's also about the numbers, altough we cant see them you kind of know in the back of your mind that they're very low (judging from UK numbers on VGChart) compared to bigger markets.

huh? there are only two markets bigger...

These other two markets are in an order of magnitude bigger. UK numbers usually look tiny and insignificant in comparison. Thats why we have Europe/USA/Japan on the frontpage and not UK/USA/Japan. 

well... compared to USA and Europe, Japanese numbers look small too.

Last week

Software:

UK 1.2m

Japan 1.6m

Europe 4.2m (including UK)

USA  3.9m

UK represented 10.6% of global sales

Japan represented 14.1% of global sales

I think you are a being a little dismissive.  The UK and Japanese markets arent THAT far apart.

Perhaps. A future where we had Global/America/Europe/Asia on the frontpage would be cool. Maybe one dayXD

Around the Network

That seems a little disappointing for Mario Party.  For an NISA release or something it'd be expecting, but at this time of year I'd kind of have thought it'd light up the charts a bit more.

Personally, I don't really think Mario Party works as a handheld game though, except in Japan.  Half the fun is fucking up the fortunes of people sitting next to you, which isn't something you can really do with a handheld unless you live in ad-hoc land.

Good all right for the two newest entries into next gen, though.  Guess PS4 got restocked once more.  XBone is no slouch either.

I might sound like a broken record by now, but I still find it rather hard to find this sharp fall/crash that both the X1 and PS4 are supposed to be having since the end of the holidays... :D
Both the X1 and especially the PS4 are still going strong, awesome!

Isn't there text usually with these articles?

Next Gen doing well, as well as minecraft and GTA V.

Nintendo doom will never end in the UK sadly. 3D World, ALBW and Pokemon all had meh sales.. Oh well. :(

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Farsala said:
Isn't there text usually with these articles?

Next Gen doing well, as well as minecraft and GTA V.

FIFA 14 STRIKES ANOTHER NO1

20/Jan/2014

‘FIFA 14’ (-23%) comfortably holds on to No1 in the All Formats Chart, making it a total of 8 weeks at the top.

It’s the largest number of weeks at No1 since ‘Zumba Fitness’ made it to 10 weeks back in W33 2011. Another quiet week means there is also no change at No’s 2, 3 and 4 with ‘Call of Duty: Ghosts’ (-39%), ‘Battlefield 4’ (-26%) and ‘Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag’ (-31%) all non-movers.

‘Lego Marvel Super Heroes’ (-12%) climbs one place to No5, ahead of ‘Killzone: Shadow Fall’ (-6%) which jumps two places to No6. The rest of the Top 10 shuffles amongst itself with ‘Need for Speed: Rivals’ (-28%) stuck at No7, ‘Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition’ (-7%) up one place to No8, ‘Grand Theft Auto V’ (-56%) down four places to No9 and the extremely budget friendly ‘Aliens: Colonial Marines’ (-10%) not budging from No10.

‘Mario Party: Island Tour’ on 3DS is the first Top 40 new entry of the year, debuting at No18.