By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo would fail as 3rd party, and here's why!

DanneSandin said:
lucidium said:
DanneSandin said:
Non-nintendo game sales comparisons to nintendo games, as if it is accurate in any way to how nintendo titles would perform on Xbox or Sony consoles if Xbox and Sony fans could buy them and Nintendo fans had nowhere else to get their fix.

From what I gather, you are more trying to convince yourself that it can't and wont happen, than anyone else.

But if comparing mediocre Sonic games that nobody really wanted or cared for to Nintendo titles is logical and fair in your mind then none of us here can help you.

1/10 poor effort, see me after class.

They have been 3rd party before, and before the company eventually dies, they will be again.

I have decided quite some time ago not to respond to you when talking about Nintendo, since you obviously can't have a level headed discussion about them since you're blinded by hate - and this is highlighted in the bolded part of your post.

Hate? purely logic, but hey if it gets you out of addressing the points i raised then go for it.

But, for the sake of argument, lets pick apart the post I made, to show how much I hate Nintendo shall we?

But if comparing mediocre Sonic games that nobody really wanted or cared for to Nintendo titles is logical and fair in your mind then none of us here can help you.

Huh weird, it almost sounds like I am saying comparing a mediocre Sonic games sales performance to a Nintendo games sales performance isnt logical or fair... hell one might even consider that me saying "nintendo games sell better than sonic games", but hey, that would go against the nintendo hater group you thoughtfully swept me in to, right?

The real gem of this all however, is as a WiiU, Wii, DS, DSi, GB, GBC, GBM, GBA, GC and 3DS owner, I'm being told by someone that hasn't yet gone out and bought himself a WiiU, That my posts are ignored because I hate Nintendo, beautiful, just beautiful.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
vivster said:
Yes let's compare the most sought after and recognizable franchises in the world with some second tier shit.
Also They would've sold more if there were no Wii. And they will sell on the consoles they are out because the Nintendo crowd will move there.
Also I fail to see how they are similar to Nintendo titles.
Also the royalties they would have to pay to MS and Sony would be the same amount they would have to take now to subsidize their hardware.

This argument is so flawed that I don't know if I should point and laugh or cry for humanity.

But will the Nintendo crowd really move to the PS4/X1? We don't know. One of the arguments as to why the Wii U is failing is because people can play the same games on the 3DS, thus cutting into Wii U's sales. It's more likely that a big chunk of Nintendo gamers would migrate to handhelds, not ALL of them, but enough to be noticeble when Mario comes out on PS4/X1.

And like I said in the OP; Nintendo is in this for the long run, not just short term profits, ergo, they might make more profits on PS4/X1 this generation, but they could make more money on their NEXT console, even if that console only sell 50m units.

Players migrate to the systems where the games are they would like to play. If they want to play Nintendo games and there are no Nintendo consoles, they will move there. You could argue that they will move to mobile instead but that will happen regardless of Nintendo Hardware.

There will not be a long run for Nintendo if they don't sell enough consoles to move their games. I'm not sure about the next console generation but if MS and Sony hit this one out of the park then I don't see any chance for a successful Nintendo console ever again. Since the PS1 Nintendo is losing and the Wii is a one time success that will never repeat itself. And while Nintendo is struggling to even bring the most basic franchises to their consoles, MS and Sony are building up new and powerful franchises trhat will soon rival the ones on Nintendo in quantity and quality.

If Nintendo doesn't act soon there might not be enough crowd left to buy their games. Especially if it is on a closed system that nobody wants.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

lucidium said:

They have been 3rd party before, and before the company eventually dies, they will be again.

dat acid

''This list makes it quite apparent that the Playstation and Xbox crowd isn't that interested in Nintendo like games''

Correct, because people who like Nintendo like games buy a Nintendo system. If they didn't have that option, they would just buy these games on a different system.

Many people(probably most) bought a Wii for the motion controls. Still because of this larger install Nintendo managed to sell much more of their other franchises aswell.

I agree with op, but what we should be more concerned with is the Nintendo fan base disintegrating upon Nintendo going 3rd party. The loss of all those people would be detrimental to Nintendo's software sales.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network
AnthonyW86 said:
''This list makes it quite apparent that the Playstation and Xbox crowd isn't that interested in Nintendo like games''

Correct, because people who like Nintendo like games buy a Nintendo system. If they didn't have that option, they would just buy these games on a different system.

Many people(probably most) bought a Wii for the motion controls. Still because of this larger install Nintendo managed to sell much more of their other franchises aswell.

That was leading reason why everyone thought Sega would do so well as third party. It didnt' work out that way. It just spread their fans among the remaining platforms.  Instead of developing a game on one platform, they were now developing games across multiple plaforms and their softwares didn't get better. Honestly, at their peak, Sega was far more suited to a becoming a third party developer. At their peak, Sega had AAA games in virtually every genre. 

pezus said:

The big flaw here is that fans of Nintendo games would go where their games go...

They're not fans of Nintendo consoles, but their games.

It's only logical, I mean how could you be a fan of a console? The reason to love a console is because it plays your favourite games right? Having extra features is always nice but the main appeal is games!

So Sony fans should be perfectly fine if Sony's games where on a Nintendo console! Or Microsoft fans having Halo on other consoles!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:

So Sony fans should be perfectly fine if Sony's games where on a Nintendo console! Or Microsoft fans having Halo on other consoles!

They key thing here is who made them, if for example some random company was given uncharted and gran turismo, i seriously doubt it.

If on the other hand Sony or Microsoft went third party but continued to put out their first party titles, on other consoles, then there wouldnt really be a need to be offended or upset about it, because you would be able to get the exclusives for both systems in one place.

Same would go for Nintendo fans, you'd get all the Mario goodness you know and love, while having a range of exclusives to pick from - If for example Nintendo released on both xbox and playstation, then it would simply be a case of "Nintendo and" when picking which system.

lucidium said:
Anfebious said:

They key thing here is who made them, if for example some random company was given uncharted and gran turismo, i seriously doubt it.

If on the other hand Sony or Microsoft went third party but continued to put out their first party titles, on other consoles, then there wouldnt really be a need to be offended or upset about it, because you would be able to get the exclusives for both systems in one place.

Same would go for Nintendo fans, you'd get all the Mario goodness you know and love, while having a range of exclusives to pick from - If for example Nintendo released on both xbox and playstation, then it would simply be a case of "Nintendo and" when picking which system.

Agreed buy you know we could simply ask for a PlayNntendoBox and get everything on one console!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
lucidium said:
Anfebious said:

Agreed buy you know we could simply ask for a PlayNntendoBox and get everything on one console!

I get all of the pre-2005 gens on one box! *pats pc*