By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can Vita Outsell Sega's GameGear LTD?

Nirvana_Nut85 said:

I'll address the 3rd party matter. You claimed that major 3rd party publishers are unsing unity. Please provide an actual link to show where major 3rd party developers will be using Unity to develop games for PSV. The quote that you have provided is from an indie developer who is going to port his iOS game as stated from the article

"Developer Tyson Kubota took to Reddit to both announce, and gauge the demand for a port of his independently developed and free iOS title; Skydrift. Kubota is currently involved with Digital Development and Design at renowned film-distribution company The Criterion Collection, but also released the self-crafted title in his spare-time."

Once again how is this relevant to 3rd party developers? Where have you heard major 3rd parties announcing they are going to use this tool to develop games? Your not seeing the point.

The existence of Unity3D and similar products (such as the Unreal Engine and CryEngine) has helped democratize game development.

"The existence of Unity3D and similar products (such as the Unreal Engine and CryEngine) helped democratize game development, making the kinds of tools used by the world’s largest game companies available to developers at little or no cost. This has helped developers focus less on creating a video game’s underlying technology and more on the artistic and creative processes that actually make games fun to play."

Electronic Arts used Unity3D in 2009 to make Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online, and even Microsoft and Ubisoft became customers. In 2011, Unity bought an animation company called Mecanim, boosting the game engine’s underlying technology.

http://slashdot.org/topic/cloud/how-unity3d-become-a-game-development-beast/

many of the indie developers for PSM get access to more of the hardware of the psvita with Unity 3D

back in march sony set up a deal with unity

http://blogs.unity3d.com/2013/03/21/unity-coming-to-sony-consoles-this-year/

like i have been telling you many developers were waiting on it because unity is one of the best mobile engines for smart devices, the chipset is very well known, now that smaller teams can use this engine with much lower licence cost = more smaller an larger development studios can make a game even cheaper and faster since the licence fee's will also be reduced by quite a lot, and to top it off this game engine will also run on the ps3 and ps4 also develop once runs on all platforms. 

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network
joeorc said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

I'll address the 3rd party matter. You claimed that major 3rd party publishers are unsing unity. Please provide an actual link to show where major 3rd party developers will be using Unity to develop games for PSV. The quote that you have provided is from an indie developer who is going to port his iOS game as stated from the article

"Developer Tyson Kubota took to Reddit to both announce, and gauge the demand for a port of his independently developed and free iOS title; Skydrift. Kubota is currently involved with Digital Development and Design at renowned film-distribution company The Criterion Collection, but also released the self-crafted title in his spare-time."

Once again how is this relevant to 3rd party developers? Where have you heard major 3rd parties announcing they are going to use this tool to develop games? Your not seeing the point.

The existence of Unity3D and similar products (such as the Unreal Engine and CryEngine) has helped democratize game development.

"The existence of Unity3D and similar products (such as the Unreal Engine and CryEngine) helped democratize game development, making the kinds of tools used by the world’s largest game companies available to developers at little or no cost. This has helped developers focus less on creating a video game’s underlying technology and more on the artistic and creative processes that actually make games fun to play."

Electronic Arts used Unity3D in 2009 to make Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online, and even Microsoft and Ubisoft became customers. In 2011, Unity bought an animation company called Mecanim, boosting the game engine’s underlying technology.

http://slashdot.org/topic/cloud/how-unity3d-become-a-game-development-beast/

many of the indie developers for PSM get access to more of the hardware of the psvita with Unity 3D

back in march sony set up a deal with unity

http://blogs.unity3d.com/2013/03/21/unity-coming-to-sony-consoles-this-year/

like i have been telling you many developers were waiting on it because unity is one of the best mobile engines for smart devices, the chipset is very well known, now that smaller teams can use this engine with much lower licence cost = more smaller an larger development studios can make a game even cheaper and faster since the licence fee's will also be reduced by quite a lot, and to top it off this game engine will also run on the ps3 and ps4 also develop once runs on all platforms. 

You have still yet to back up your claim and provide evidence that Major 3rd party developers are either developing for the Playstation Vita with Unity or were waiting for the release to use it specifically to create games for the platform. All you’ve done is post articles that do not give relevance to your argument. Currently the only developers that will be using Unity to port their games are the indie dev’s for iOS and android. Nowhere has it mentioned that, Bioware, Bethesda, Insomniac, Crytek, etc were holding back software for Vita because they were waiting for Unity.

One of the reasons 3rd party devs have not jumped on is because while it is a more affordable approach, the consensus seems to be that certain technologies are not support and the Engine is a lot slower then others. This is also the reason why I believe they will face some tough challenges in getting developers who are looking to publish their games on consoles like Xbone and PS4.

Once again I will agree that this is excellent for Indie devs as it allows easy access to port over their iOS and android games onto the PSV as long as they have an agreement with Sony, which will be great for current PSV owners and the few who plan on buying down the road. This is not going to lead to a dramatic increase in sales and will not push the console out of it’s niche status.

I am still waiting for a proper argument from you, not links to websites and a long list of quotes, which do not contribute to the argument of Unity development helping the PSV move consoles or major 3rd parties choosing to utilize it for their game engines over the  current existing ones. 

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Nirvana_Nut85 said:
Michael-5 said:

Yea, but you see FFVI is the fan favorite game in the series, and most people missed it with FFIII being a SNES title. This is more reason for the GBA game to sell better, especially with the 70 million install base.

Sony will fight to keep Vita relavent, they will still sell it until 2017 IMO. Same with WiiU, despite weak Gamecube sales, Nintendo still got space in stores, and had a dedicated audience. I expect the same for WiiU, look how many fans on VGC support Nintendo.

As for the WiiU, like I said Hiroshi Yamauschi died recently, and he had no say with WiiU's design. Iwata made a bad call, maybe the next console will be better, but I don't like how he said he would step down if WiiU didn't sell 5 million during their first fiscal year and then didn't.

Even though FFVI was a fan fav, FFX appealed to the masses which is why it sold over 8 million copies.  Which is why I generally expected it to do better.

If retail decides to start cutting back shelf space significantly, it may force Sony's hand to cut it's losses and release it's next handheld. Gamecube sales were weak but they were stronger than bothe the WiiU and PSV which creates a concern. Nintendo's only saving grace moment is that MK8 & Smash Bros are appealing to consumers on a global aspect, which could drive sales in all regions up while Sony has not announced anything as significant yet for Vita.

I whole heartedly agree with you. Iwata screwed up. I personally hope both companeis can pullthemselves out of this whole as I did own a psp and had a nice library of games for it. We'll just have to see where each company stands at this point next year.

Well it's not just that, FF didn't get big until the 90's. FFX sold 8 million, but thats exactly why FF4-6 would sell better. People played FFX, but not the older games, and on GBA - SNES games are awesome. Either way, with FFX selling fairly well, I'm sure Square Enix will make an FFXII for Vita, especially since their working hard to get all the DQ & FF remakes on tablets.

As for WiiU, I'm hoping the same with Mario Kart, I think DKC, 3D World, MK8, and Smash will increase sales for 2014, but the question is how much. 10% like last week is nothing.

I agree with you about Sony & Nintendo pulling themselves up, PSP was an amazing console, and so was Gamecube (which is what WiiU is similar to)

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
Michael-5 said:

Yea, but you see FFVI is the fan favorite game in the series, and most people missed it with FFIII being a SNES title. This is more reason for the GBA game to sell better, especially with the 70 million install base.

Sony will fight to keep Vita relavent, they will still sell it until 2017 IMO. Same with WiiU, despite weak Gamecube sales, Nintendo still got space in stores, and had a dedicated audience. I expect the same for WiiU, look how many fans on VGC support Nintendo.

As for the WiiU, like I said Hiroshi Yamauschi died recently, and he had no say with WiiU's design. Iwata made a bad call, maybe the next console will be better, but I don't like how he said he would step down if WiiU didn't sell 5 million during their first fiscal year and then didn't.

Even though FFVI was a fan fav, FFX appealed to the masses which is why it sold over 8 million copies.  Which is why I generally expected it to do better.

If retail decides to start cutting back shelf space significantly, it may force Sony's hand to cut it's losses and release it's next handheld. Gamecube sales were weak but they were stronger than bothe the WiiU and PSV which creates a concern. Nintendo's only saving grace moment is that MK8 & Smash Bros are appealing to consumers on a global aspect, which could drive sales in all regions up while Sony has not announced anything as significant yet for Vita.

I whole heartedly agree with you. Iwata screwed up. I personally hope both companeis can pullthemselves out of this whole as I did own a psp and had a nice library of games for it. We'll just have to see where each company stands at this point next year.

Well it's not just that, FF didn't get big until the 90's. FFX sold 8 million, but thats exactly why FF4-6 would sell better. People played FFX, but not the older games, and on GBA - SNES games are awesome. Either way, with FFX selling fairly well, I'm sure Square Enix will make an FFXII for Vita, especially since their working hard to get all the DQ & FF remakes on tablets.

As for WiiU, I'm hoping the same with Mario Kart, I think DKC, 3D World, MK8, and Smash will increase sales for 2014, but the question is how much. 10% like last week is nothing.

I agree with you about Sony & Nintendo pulling themselves up, PSP was an amazing console, and so was Gamecube (which is what WiiU is similar to)

That's where I would disagree. Just because less people played the two previous iterations doesn't mean that would necessarily generate larger sales or more interest for that matter. Take FFVII for example. Best selling FF in the franchise and I would be willing to bet the bank that if an HD remake was finally made, sales and it was ported onto PSV, sales expectations would be higher than FF4-6.

YoY Nintendo needs at minimum 100% growth to maintain some sort of relevancy. Anything under 5 million for this year would be an utter failure. However, it is possible that at this point they could get their shit together and actually market games properly. 2-3 million consoles sold within a quarter is possible if they manage to release MK8 & Smash Bros back to back.

Nirvana_Nut85 said:

That's where I would disagree. Just because less people played the two previous iterations doesn't mean that would necessarily generate larger sales or more interest for that matter. Take FFVII for example. Best selling FF in the franchise and I would be willing to bet the bank that if an HD remake was finally made, sales and it was ported onto PSV, sales expectations would be higher than FF4-6.

Don't forget Final Fantasy was not release in Europe until FFVII. The earlier FF games were only sold to approx 60% of the market that FFVII and later releases were sold to. Therefore the sales potential for re-releases/remakes was much higher for these. It was actually the first time many RPG fans could try these without the expensive route of importing.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
Scisca said:

My mind is operating perfectly, but your is clearly failing. Do you even understand what I'm talking about? It's the second time you're trying to call me on something you've pulled out of your ass. I've never mentioned the West as important in the quest for 11 mil Vitas sold, in fact I've stated the opposite. I've never mentioned the support for the West in 2014 as remotely important for that. I've never mentioned indies. These are just your demons and your inability to properly read a post. These semantics you're so desperately clinging to are totally meaningless and it only makes you look that much more pathetic.

On the other hand, again, I was talking about Japan. Japan gets great support and it's not your bloody indies (I wonder if you'll manage to let go of them in this thread), but proper games and I'm gonna repeat it - Japan is enough for the Vita to pass GG. I do apply logic, just like everyone else in this thread does except for you. You wanna know the major difference between Vita and Wii U? Vita has already found its market. Its position in Japan is pretty much set and will only improve. 3DS is selling better, but there are already genres that Vita managed to secure for itself in Japan. Vita is not competing with 3DS, it's going at its own pace - slow but methodical. It is safe there and can only expand. On top of that Sony is still investing in it, securing the translations, just this week we've learned about the port of Unity Engine. That doesn't look like they are planning to kill the console anytime soon. On the other hand, Wii U has nothing to cling to. No region, no target group of customers, no nothing. That is why your wet dream of Sony phasing Vita out is ridiculous. More and more Japanese 3rd parties are making the jump from PSP to Vita, it would just make no sense to kill it. I actually think it more possible that Vita sells more than PS4 LT in Japan, than that Sony decides to kill it within a year. Japan is a totally different market than the West and Vita suits them better - both the gamers and the developers.

Just repeat this 10 times: "Vita will earn Sony money in Japan". Maybe you'll finally understand why everyone laughs at your "predictions".

I've now had to explain this to you several times regarding the Indie comment. I went out of my way to even bold it for you in the hopes that you would have a an ounce of understanding in what I was saying to you. I was wrong. I understand you're from Poland but if you do not understand the English language, or are unable to apply common sense when reading a sentence, then maybe you should refrain from posting. Since I'm a somewhat nice person I will copy the bolded words from my previous post and provide you a link for the definition of the word IF ( I said "IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING" not "You Are" in regards to indies being considered as strong 3rd party support.http://www.thefreedictionary.com/IF

Once again you've made assumptions or else completely missed the point I was making as you've seen to do so throught your entire rant. I never stated that you commented as the West being important. I advised that their resources are gong to be focused on the battle with Xbone (in N.A for the most part). How the hell did you misconstrue this one?

Now you've decided to  jump into the lunacy boat of Vita outselling gamecube. Vita barely has enough compelling software to keep it afloat, let alone sell another 15 million systems. You claim I'm being ridiculous by stating there is a possibility of Vita not outselling gamegear, to which I actually provide an intelligent argument as to why  it might not and then you claim that Vita will outsell the Gamecube? Are you really being serious or is this just a troll account? It would seem the latter at this point as you've drifted off into the land of nonesense. Untiy engine will not be anything significant for the Vita. Sure we will see alot more indie developed titles but at the end of the day it will have the same impact as it did for the Wii U. Sweet F all!The moment you made all these claims about the Vita and then stated the Wii U has nothing to cling to, solidified the obvious fact that you are either suffering from some sort of delusions or else you are even more of an extreme Sony (insert word that is bannable) then some of the fanatics on this site. Your reasoning makes absolutely no sense whatsoever in your wishful thinking of positive outcomes for the Vita. 

2014 3rd part games in Japan will not move significant hardware, Unity will do absolutely shit all for Vita, the Vita is a dying console and will will never in it's lifetime pass gamecube sales. Once you've excepted this, you'll be able to move on.

I can't believe one can be so... (insert a bannable word - what a funny game!), please tell me you're just joking with me. Don't humiliate yourself playing the language barrier card, as you seem to be the one having trouble understanding plain English (maybe it's too cold for you in Canada to function properly? Maybe you shouldn't be posting in such condition? Oh, and stop clubbing baby seals while you're at it!). I understand you perfectly and I'm gonna repeat what I've said again. Stop repeating this "if/no if" indie argument. This is your argument, your demon, so stop implying it on me. I haven't referred to this even once, I haven't responded to it, I haven't done a single thing with it, as I don't care about it. It doesn't matter at all to the point that I'm making. This is totally irrelevant to me or the argument I'm making and it really beats me why you cling to it so badly, as it proves nothing in your favour and couldn't even possibly do so. I really have no idea why you keep on repeating this. It's just crazy. I really start to doubt you're ever gonna drop this nonsense. Can't you see that you're stuck in this mud, while I'm strolling along in a completely different direction? There is no point of attachment here.

As far as I can see it was me who said that they are focusing on PS4 vs. XO in the West right now, not you. You really should check that, cause your memory seems to play tricks on you. I have no idea how you've come to believe that you were the one who said it, maybe you should get yourself checked? As I'm a nice guy, I'm gonna provide you with the proper quote:

"Vita support is cut to ensure the success of PS4 in the West. PS4 has to leave the XO in the dust now, while Vita in all honesty can wait a bit more, as it gets good support either way. Nothing that's a mega-bomb on the market, but enough to keep owners happy. I just hope they return to it, as this awesome piece of hardware deserves more love."

No need to thank me!

I'm jumping to lunacy saying Vita will outsell Gamecube? Wow. Just wow. This shows me you are so nervoused or even panicked when reading and replying to my posts, that you don't even understand what I write (hence the "plain English" comment in the beginning). I guess you actually see just how much you humiliate yourself in this conversation, but you keep on fighting anyway. Funny on one hand, but quite sad on the other. Now tell me, oh great Canadian, where have I ever referred to the GCN? Oh... I guess that settles your problem about who's the troll around here and who has managed to "drift into the land of nonsense". Hope you're having fun over there, Shrek!

It doesn't matter if you believe in Unity Engine or not. What matters is that it's proof that they are still investing money in Vita. They wouldn't be doing it, if they were planning to kill it within a year as you "predict" (my God, does this word sound funny here). If you think I'm delusional saying that Vita is the second best selling console in Japan and that it has managed to carve its niche there, that it has managed to secure a few genres and take them away from the 3DS, while the Wii U hasn't got such a firm footing in any market or genre... Then I guess we live in a different reality. Mind you - I'm not saying Wii U's situation won't change, I'm just stating the fact about the current state of both consoles. And as to my reasoning making "absolutely no sense" and your being "intelligent", I'm just gonna remind you that nobody is agreeing with you, while I've managed to get this (thank you Joeorc!):

"@Scisca

100% exactly"

Maybe there actually is a reason for it?

You should really think about it, cool down, close your eyes and slowly count to ten before you reply next time. It happens to the best of us to be totally wrong and by doing this you're gonna spare yourself more laughter.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Nirvana_Nut85 said:
Michael-5 said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
Michael-5 said:

YoY Nintendo needs at minimum 100% growth to maintain some sort of relevancy. Anything under 5 million for this year would be an utter failure. However, it is possible that at this point they could get their shit together and actually market games properly. 2-3 million consoles sold within a quarter is possible if they manage to release MK8 & Smash Bros back to back.

It really depends on hype, Dragon Quest 4-6 were less popular then DQ7 on console, yet on handheld they outsold DQ7 by a fair margin (Sold 33% better). DQ7 could break even if it were localized on the 3DS, but still the popular game from the PS1 "Golden Age" didn't actually fair any better.

It's all about hype, FFIII sold well because we never saw that game outside of Japan, and the DS wasn't too old yet. Chrono Trigger also sold well because the SNES cartridge and even PS1 disk are fairly expensive. FFVII would do well, but not exceptionally well because you can play it on Vita already by buying it over PSN.

As for WiiU, it really depends on how you look at it. If the WiiU sells for as long as the Wii did, then it's going to have a longer shelf life. WiiU is selling 20% as well as the Wii did over the same time period, so if this trend continues it could end with 25 million, which isn't terrible. However it's also selling less comparitively then the short lived (only 6 years of sales) Gamecube. Plus this could all flip if Nintendo releases another Wii Sports, and suddenly people flock to the system.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Scisca said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
Scisca said:

My mind is operating perfectly, but your is clearly failing. Do you even understand what I'm talking about? It's the second time you're trying to call me on something you've pulled out of your ass. I've never mentioned the West as important in the quest for 11 mil Vitas sold, in fact I've stated the opposite. I've never mentioned the support for the West in 2014 as remotely important for that. I've never mentioned indies. These are just your demons and your inability to properly read a post. These semantics you're so desperately clinging to are totally meaningless and it only makes you look that much more pathetic.

On the other hand, again, I was talking about Japan. Japan gets great support and it's not your bloody indies (I wonder if you'll manage to let go of them in this thread), but proper games and I'm gonna repeat it - Japan is enough for the Vita to pass GG. I do apply logic, just like everyone else in this thread does except for you. You wanna know the major difference between Vita and Wii U? Vita has already found its market. Its position in Japan is pretty much set and will only improve. 3DS is selling better, but there are already genres that Vita managed to secure for itself in Japan. Vita is not competing with 3DS, it's going at its own pace - slow but methodical. It is safe there and can only expand. On top of that Sony is still investing in it, securing the translations, just this week we've learned about the port of Unity Engine. That doesn't look like they are planning to kill the console anytime soon. On the other hand, Wii U has nothing to cling to. No region, no target group of customers, no nothing. That is why your wet dream of Sony phasing Vita out is ridiculous. More and more Japanese 3rd parties are making the jump from PSP to Vita, it would just make no sense to kill it. I actually think it more possible that Vita sells more than PS4 LT in Japan, than that Sony decides to kill it within a year. Japan is a totally different market than the West and Vita suits them better - both the gamers and the developers.

Just repeat this 10 times: "Vita will earn Sony money in Japan". Maybe you'll finally understand why everyone laughs at your "predictions".

I've now had to explain this to you several times regarding the Indie comment. I went out of my way to even bold it for you in the hopes that you would have a an ounce of understanding in what I was saying to you. I was wrong. I understand you're from Poland but if you do not understand the English language, or are unable to apply common sense when reading a sentence, then maybe you should refrain from posting. Since I'm a somewhat nice person I will copy the bolded words from my previous post and provide you a link for the definition of the word IF ( I said "IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING" not "You Are" in regards to indies being considered as strong 3rd party support.http://www.thefreedictionary.com/IF

Once again you've made assumptions or else completely missed the point I was making as you've seen to do so throught your entire rant. I never stated that you commented as the West being important. I advised that their resources are gong to be focused on the battle with Xbone (in N.A for the most part). How the hell did you misconstrue this one?

Now you've decided to  jump into the lunacy boat of Vita outselling gamecube. Vita barely has enough compelling software to keep it afloat, let alone sell another 15 million systems. You claim I'm being ridiculous by stating there is a possibility of Vita not outselling gamegear, to which I actually provide an intelligent argument as to why  it might not and then you claim that Vita will outsell the Gamecube? Are you really being serious or is this just a troll account? It would seem the latter at this point as you've drifted off into the land of nonesense. Untiy engine will not be anything significant for the Vita. Sure we will see alot more indie developed titles but at the end of the day it will have the same impact as it did for the Wii U. Sweet F all!The moment you made all these claims about the Vita and then stated the Wii U has nothing to cling to, solidified the obvious fact that you are either suffering from some sort of delusions or else you are even more of an extreme Sony (insert word that is bannable) then some of the fanatics on this site. Your reasoning makes absolutely no sense whatsoever in your wishful thinking of positive outcomes for the Vita. 

2014 3rd part games in Japan will not move significant hardware, Unity will do absolutely shit all for Vita, the Vita is a dying console and will will never in it's lifetime pass gamecube sales. Once you've excepted this, you'll be able to move on.

I can't believe one can be so... (insert a bannable word - what a funny game!), please tell me you're just joking with me. Don't humiliate yourself playing the language barrier card, as you seem to be the one having trouble understanding plain English (maybe it's too cold for you in Canada to function properly? Maybe you shouldn't be posting in such condition? Oh, and stop clubbing baby seals while you're at it!). I understand you perfectly and I'm gonna repeat what I've said again. Stop repeating this "if/no if" indie argument. This is your argument, your demon, so stop implying it on me. I haven't referred to this even once, I haven't responded to it, I haven't done a single thing with it, as I don't care about it. It doesn't matter at all to the point that I'm making. This is totally irrelevant to me or the argument I'm making and it really beats me why you cling to it so badly, as it proves nothing in your favour and couldn't even possibly do so. I really have no idea why you keep on repeating this. It's just crazy. I really start to doubt you're ever gonna drop this nonsense. Can't you see that you're stuck in this mud, while I'm strolling along in a completely different direction? There is no point of attachment here.

As far as I can see it was me who said that they are focusing on PS4 vs. XO in the West right now, not you. You really should check that, cause your memory seems to play tricks on you. I have no idea how you've come to believe that you were the one who said it, maybe you should get yourself checked? As I'm a nice guy, I'm gonna provide you with the proper quote:

"Vita support is cut to ensure the success of PS4 in the West. PS4 has to leave the XO in the dust now, while Vita in all honesty can wait a bit more, as it gets good support either way. Nothing that's a mega-bomb on the market, but enough to keep owners happy. I just hope they return to it, as this awesome piece of hardware deserves more love."

No need to thank me!

I'm jumping to lunacy saying Vita will outsell Gamecube? Wow. Just wow. This shows me you are so nervoused or even panicked when reading and replying to my posts, that you don't even understand what I write (hence the "plain English" comment in the beginning). I guess you actually see just how much you humiliate yourself in this conversation, but you keep on fighting anyway. Funny on one hand, but quite sad on the other. Now tell me, oh great Canadian, where have I ever referred to the GCN? Oh... I guess that settles your problem about who's the troll around here and who has managed to "drift into the land of nonsense". Hope you're having fun over there, Shrek!

It doesn't matter if you believe in Unity Engine or not. What matters is that it's proof that they are still investing money in Vita. They wouldn't be doing it, if they were planning to kill it within a year as you "predict" (my God, does this word sound funny here). If you think I'm delusional saying that Vita is the second best selling console in Japan and that it has managed to carve its niche there, that it has managed to secure a few genres and take them away from the 3DS, while the Wii U hasn't got such a firm footing in any market or genre... Then I guess we live in a different reality. Mind you - I'm not saying Wii U's situation won't change, I'm just stating the fact about the current state of both consoles. And as to my reasoning making "absolutely no sense" and your being "intelligent", I'm just gonna remind you that nobody is agreeing with you, while I've managed to get this (thank you Joeorc!):

"@Scisca

100% exactly"

Maybe there actually is a reason for it?

You should really think about it, cool down, close your eyes and slowly count to ten before you reply next time. It happens to the best of us to be totally wrong and by doing this you're gonna spare yourself more laughter.

What the heck are you talking about?  Do you actually stop to think before you go into a nonsensical rant like this? You’re the one who constantly keeps accusing me of implying that I stated you claimed indies would save the PSV, which I did not. I stated If. I even provided a link to the definition which you clearly have failed to even bother checking with as you are still continuing this unintelligent banter. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/IF ,there is the link again. I will even provide you with part of the definition in the hopes it manages to sink in this time “A possibility, condition, or stipulation”. If you still cannot comprehend what I was stating, click the link, If that doesn’t work then maybe you shouldn’t be posting (on any site for that matter). I am done trying to explain this to you. You would think that after taking a few days to come up with a response to my previous post, that you would have managed to at least responded somewhat intelligently. I obviously should not have assumed that. As for being stuck in the mud, it seems that you are the one who has not been able to let this argument go. Even after you have failed to provide a proper response and have continued to further embarrass yourself, you continue to bring it up. As for the Canadian comment, aren’t you from Poland? I’ll be the bigger man as usual and refrain from making a similar comment but considering your background, I would highly refrain from commenting  about other’s ethnic backgrounds :D

Listen, I understand you’re a troll account but even this is too much? Where did the PS4 vs. XO comment come from? I never implied I stated that first. I took your comment and simply used it against you as just about any of the nonsense you’ve posted can easily be done. Had you thoroughly read my earlier comment you would have noticed I was referring to the statement I made of:

“
Why are they going to support a sinking ship when the PS4 is going to be heading into a difficult battle for lead market share against the Xbone  ( In N.A for the most part) over the next several years.

Once again, please read comments thoroughly before responding.

No, not lunacy, complete and utter lunacy is what you have displayed. Unity is irrelevant, something you and Joerc are unable to comprehend. Wow, you’ve managed to get a thank you from someone who is unable to provide proper reason to his argument as well, good job. Because you know, a site that is heavily populated by rose colored glasses wearing Sony fans are not going to agree with themselves. Hell you guy were right on the money about PS3 outselling 360 by 2009….Weren’t you?  Late 2015/early 2016 is not 1 year. We’re in January 2014, do the math. Like I stated to others, it may not be Sony’s decision whether the Vita is pulled or not as if sales continue YoY as I’ve explained it will be retailers (beginning in the West) that start to take back shelf space as they are not going to make room for consoles that sell. Never stated the Vita is not the 2nd best selling console in Japan, what I’m stating is that it won’t last for very long. The software lineup this year is abysmal. Major titles are barely managing to even break a few hundred thousand in sales over there. Let’s keep up the optimism though. Unlike you, I am realistic when it comes to my console of choices sales. If the Wii U continues in the same trend as the Vita, retail will remove it from shelves whether Nintendo likes it or not and that is a plausible scenario.

So how about this, maybe instead of taking a few days this time to create a response that has once again failed to justify your argument. Take a week. Yes a whole week to go over the arguments I’ve given so that maybe, just maybe you actually provide something intelligent to this debate.

Michael-5 said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
Michael-5 said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
Michael-5 said:

It really depends on hype, Dragon Quest 4-6 were less popular then DQ7 on console, yet on handheld they outsold DQ7 by a fair margin (Sold 33% better). DQ7 could break even if it were localized on the 3DS, but still the popular game from the PS1 "Golden Age" didn't actually fair any better.

It's all about hype, FFIII sold well because we never saw that game outside of Japan, and the DS wasn't too old yet. Chrono Trigger also sold well because the SNES cartridge and even PS1 disk are fairly expensive. FFVII would do well, but not exceptionally well because you can play it on Vita already by buying it over PSN.

As for WiiU, it really depends on how you look at it. If the WiiU sells for as long as the Wii did, then it's going to have a longer shelf life. WiiU is selling 20% as well as the Wii did over the same time period, so if this trend continues it could end with 25 million, which isn't terrible. However it's also selling less comparitively then the short lived (only 6 years of sales) Gamecube. Plus this could all flip if Nintendo releases another Wii Sports, and suddenly people flock to the system.

We have to keep in mind that DQ VII for 3DS has only been out for approximately 1 year vs the 10 – 4 years for the other three iterations and it is not very far behind. Given another several years on the market, I can see it surpassing all three of the previous iterations in Japan alone.

I whole heartedly believe your wrong in regards to the FFVII. Regardless of the original being available for PSN, you cannot tell me that on a WW scale that it would not trounce every previous remake that has been released. Even with it’s considerably small user base, if a remake with updated visuals,etc  of FFVII were to solely release on the Vita, I would be willing to bet my bank account that it would easily outsell all previous remakes by a minimum of a 4:1 margin. You have to consider that people like me (which are many) who are owners of Sony consoles who have no plans on purchasing a PSV, would be at the store within hours upon a release like that. We’ve been asking for a remake for years,lol.

25 million is decent, as long as they manage to be profitable followed by strong software sales. At this point it’s a toss up as to whether or not they manage to outsell the gamecube. Current sales would suggest the possibility of it falling short, however, certain games did not have the same appeal in the GC days as they do now. Not to mention system sellers like LoZ and Mario did not have massively appealing iterations for GC  like SM3DW and (hopefully) the upcoming Zelda U will.

Nirvana_Nut85 said:
Michael-5 said:

We have to keep in mind that DQ VII for 3DS has only been out for approximately 1 year vs the 10 – 4 years for the other three iterations and it is not very far behind. Given another several years on the market, I can see it surpassing all three of the previous iterations in Japan alone.

I whole heartedly believe your wrong in regards to the FFVII. Regardless of the original being available for PSN, you cannot tell me that on a WW scale that it would not trounce every previous remake that has been released. Even with it’s considerably small user base, if a remake with updated visuals,etc  of FFVII were to solely release on the Vita, I would be willing to bet my bank account that it would easily outsell all previous remakes by a minimum of a 4:1 margin. You have to consider that people like me (which are many) who are owners of Sony consoles who have no plans on purchasing a PSV, would be at the store within hours upon a release like that. We’ve been asking for a remake for years,lol.

25 million is decent, as long as they manage to be profitable followed by strong software sales. At this point it’s a toss up as to whether or not they manage to outsell the gamecube. Current sales would suggest the possibility of it falling short, however, certain games did not have the same appeal in the GC days as they do now. Not to mention system sellers like LoZ and Mario did not have massively appealing iterations for GC  like SM3DW and (hopefully) the upcoming Zelda U will.

DQ7 released 2 years ago in Japan, and generally JRPG's are frontloaded, especially in Japan. It's sales won't surpass the others, not unless it does unusually well outside of Japan (if it's ever localized).

I.....what? You think an FFVII remake would sell 8+ million on the Vita, a system with only 7 million owners? (FFIII sold over 2 million, you claimed it would sell 4x better). A console remake of FFVII yes, I agree. FFVII with PS4 or even WiiU graphics would be amazing. However on Vita the graphics won't be considerably different. I have to disagree with you, I think this is just a fan's dream. DQVII has about half as big for the PS1 as FFVII was, and fans have also been screaming for a remake. Now that one's been made, SE isn't even sure if it will sell enough to justify localization. Best case I would give FFVII is 4 million, and that's only if SE can manage to make this a 3DS/Vita release. If OoT can manage 3 million on 3DS, so can FFVII and 1 million on Vita would make 4. Also fans have been begging for an FFX remake as well, and it's looking to sell only 1 million maybe (and thus become one of Vita's best selling games).

For WiiU, actually even with current sales it could still top the Gamecube. Remember console lifetimes are longer now. Where Gamecube/PS2/XB peaked in 2 years, Wii/PS3/360 peaked in 2-5 years. I know Wii sales jumped in 2007 after Mario Kart, Galaxy and Fit. I'm hoping the same for 2014 for WiiU. I'm probably going to buy one when X releases, so long as X is not an MMO with a subscription fee.