By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can Vita Outsell Sega's GameGear LTD?

JoeTheBro said:
MonstaTruk said:
JoeTheBro said:
MonstaTruk said:
JoeTheBro said:
AnthonyW86 said:
Easy, eventually you will probably be able to get a PS4 plus a Vita for $100 extra.

Just get a vita.tv ;)

I thought the point of the PS Vita was to play games..."on the go"?  The Vita TV won't satisfy that option, unless I'm mistaken... :-/

Get a smartphone with HDMI in and tape the Vita.TV to the back of it. Bring a controller and you're good to go!

That's...sweet, Mr. Bro... :-/

Hey I could actually see a 3rd party smartphone case with a Vita.TV clip happening.

And a PS3 controller with an HDMI cord, huh?  A clip for those as well!  And I forgot the tape!  To tape it all together!

:o

Around the Network
MonstaTruk said:
JoeTheBro said:

Hey I could actually see a 3rd party smartphone case with a Vita.TV clip happening.

And a PS3 controller with an HDMI cord, huh?  A clip for those as well!  And I forgot the tape!  To tape it all together!

:o

Genious. I'll be rich!

Not only will the Vita pass the Game Gear, I'd say it already outsold the Game Gear in software sales.

Lawlight said:
Not only will the Vita pass the Game Gear, I'd say it already outsold the Game Gear in software sales.

If only there was a site for that

http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/Software/Global/

JoeTheBro said:
Lawlight said:

If only there was a site for that

http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/Software/Global/

Only games sold at retail count?

Around the Network

there are remotely accurate global GameGear software sales available? :O

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Nirvana_Nut85 said:

What the heck are you talking about?  Do you actually stop to think before you go into a nonsensical rant like this? You’re the one who constantly keeps accusing me of implying that I stated you claimed indies would save the PSV, which I did not. I stated If. I even provided a link to the definition which you clearly have failed to even bother checking with as you are still continuing this unintelligent banter. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/IF ,there is the link again. I will even provide you with part of the definition in the hopes it manages to sink in this time “A possibility, condition, or stipulation”. If you still cannot comprehend what I was stating, click the link, If that doesn’t work then maybe you shouldn’t be posting (on any site for that matter). I am done trying to explain this to you. You would think that after taking a few days to come up with a response to my previous post, that you would have managed to at least responded somewhat intelligently. I obviously should not have assumed that. As for being stuck in the mud, it seems that you are the one who has not been able to let this argument go. Even after you have failed to provide a proper response and have continued to further embarrass yourself, you continue to bring it up. As for the Canadian comment, aren’t you from Poland? I’ll be the bigger man as usual and refrain from making a similar comment but considering your background, I would highly refrain from commenting  about other’s ethnic backgrounds :D

Listen, I understand you’re a troll account but even this is too much? Where did the PS4 vs. XO comment come from? I never implied I stated that first. I took your comment and simply used it against you as just about any of the nonsense you’ve posted can easily be done. Had you thoroughly read my earlier comment you would have noticed I was referring to the statement I made of:

“
Why are they going to support a sinking ship when the PS4 is going to be heading into a difficult battle for lead market share against the Xbone  ( In N.A for the most part) over the next several years.

Once again, please read comments thoroughly before responding.

No, not lunacy, complete and utter lunacy is what you have displayed. Unity is irrelevant, something you and Joerc are unable to comprehend. Wow, you’ve managed to get a thank you from someone who is unable to provide proper reason to his argument as well, good job. Because you know, a site that is heavily populated by rose colored glasses wearing Sony fans are not going to agree with themselves. Hell you guy were right on the money about PS3 outselling 360 by 2009….Weren’t you?  Late 2015/early 2016 is not 1 year. We’re in January 2014, do the math. Like I stated to others, it may not be Sony’s decision whether the Vita is pulled or not as if sales continue YoY as I’ve explained it will be retailers (beginning in the West) that start to take back shelf space as they are not going to make room for consoles that sell. Never stated the Vita is not the 2nd best selling console in Japan, what I’m stating is that it won’t last for very long. The software lineup this year is abysmal. Major titles are barely managing to even break a few hundred thousand in sales over there. Let’s keep up the optimism though. Unlike you, I am realistic when it comes to my console of choices sales. If the Wii U continues in the same trend as the Vita, retail will remove it from shelves whether Nintendo likes it or not and that is a plausible scenario.

So how about this, maybe instead of taking a few days this time to create a response that has once again failed to justify your argument. Take a week. Yes a whole week to go over the arguments I’ve given so that maybe, just maybe you actually provide something intelligent to this debate.

I do not stop thinking when I post here, but I see you are so humiliated and stressed, that you don't even start doing it. Look, I'm gonna explain it to you as simple as possible, though I really doubt you're gonna understand. I'm affraid at this point it's too hard for you to embrace the fact that 2+2=4, but I'm gonna try either way. This is what our conversation looks like:

You: Vita won't outsell GG.
Me: At this point, Vita will outsell GG just thanks to what it's going to sell in Japan. West is irrelevant, it's just something extra, but the situation in Japan alone makes your argument totally invalid.
You: "If you considering indie support as strong 3rd party then your previous implications of my character would obviously be more suitable to describe you"
Me: ??? I have never said anything about indies or that the Western 3rd party support is good. It absolutely doesn't matter for my argument to be true and your to be wrong. I'm not biting the hook over here and I'm not responding to this AT ALL. I shoot you down here and tell you not to push the conversation in this direction, as it's completely pointless and would only lead into another one of your pointless rants. Future sales in Japan alone will cause Vita to sell more than 10.6 mil LT WW. EOT.
You: LOL, you so stupid! You stupid Polish troll, you can't understand what "IF" means, trolololo!
Me: WFT? It doesn't matter. Japan alone makes your argument look ridiculous. Why are you repeating the "if" argument, when I'm not touching the matter in that sentence AT ALL? I'm not gonna bite the hook and let you take the conversation in a different direction.
You: You so stupid!! You no understand what "if" means!! You should stop posting, cause you too stupid and no understand English!! Trolololo!!
Me: But Japan... I don't wanna talk about indies or 3rd party...
You: U no understand "if"!! You so stupid!! Trolololo!!
Me: ...

To sum up - I don't care about what you wrote in that sentence. I really can't say it more clearly. I have never responded to it, I have never touched that matter, be it the importance of indies or the strenght of 3rd party support in the West. I'm ignoring it totally as absolutely irrelevant. On the other hand, you keep grinding in the mud and cling to the ridiculous statement that I don't understand the meaning of the word "if". It's really pathetic, you know this? Is it really too much for you to understand that I don't care about this argument of yours AT ALL! It can go either way for all I care. I have never made a single claim in this matter, as it doesn't matter at all in this argument, it bears no weight at all and I don't want you to take this argument into the shady zone of judging the importance of indies and 3rd party support. It is pointless.

I really can't say it more clearly, but I still get the feeling you won't understand.

I'm sorry to bring it to you, but you are nowhere near to being "the bigger man" over here, Shrek. You also happen to be the one who started the ethnic banter. Moreover, I'm absolutely sure you know next to nothing about my nation, and whatever you think you know is wrong. This time it's nothing personal - I have Canadian friends and know for a fact you don't know sh*t about Poland or other Central European countries.

You have used something against me? Hahaha! So far you are only using things against yourself, but whatever... At least we agree that right now Vita is suffering from PS4 getting all the love in the West. It's just that I believe they could return to Vita if they wanted to in the future, when PS4 dominance is secured, by relegating their old handheld-focused studios or setting up new ones, while you think it's impossible. Fair enough.

To the lunacy issue... I think I've already proven last time who has saled to the wide ocean of lunacy? Seriously, you totally ignoring that GCN part of the conversation makes me lauch so hard at you that you can't even imagine. The word "clown" is always gonna come to my mind whenever I see your nick/avatar from now on :) This cowardly reaction to me catching you on a completely bullsh*t rant tells everything about your personality. Oh, a word of advice - don't call people trolls, you can get banned for it over here. I'm not gonna report you, you are way too pityful for me and I'm obviously gonna take the high road here, but if a mod sees your posts, you might get in trouble.

Just like you went crazy and humiliated yourself with the GCN rant, you humiliate yourself again with the PS3 vs. X360 comment. You put me in the group of PS3 fanboys from 2007-2008? Buahahaha!! 1st thing - I have joined this forum on the 24th of October 2012. 2nd thing - I have earned my first ever Playstation trophy on the 2nd of December 2012. I haven't owned a single console (be it Sony or not) back in 2007 and couldn't care less about this whole console war. D'oh! You've totally failed again! Just like you do with your predictions in this thread or with this sweet little conversation.

To your Vita argument, I'm gonna repeat this again. The West doesn't matter AT ALL. Even if retailers in NA stop selling Vita will it influence Japan and cause Sony to pull it from the shelves there? Hell no! Vita is doing well enough in Europe to validate shelf space there so far as well. Also, I couldn't disagree more about the 2014 lineup being abyssmal. In fact it's totally the opposite - there are so many good games releasing this February and March that it's impossible to buy all these great games and Vita owners have hard time picking the most important games to buy first. The coming months are just jam-packed with games.

You are not being realistic. You have no idea what you're talking about and just don't understand that Japan couldn't care less about what's going on in the West and Sony won't kill it there even if Vita fails in the West. PSP is the best proof here. It's been dead in NA for years - so what? PSP was still massive in Japan with huge number of great games coming out all the time and is still selling surprisingly respectable numbers in Europe, even though the software support here has been dead for years. This should really make you think very hard - maybe for the first time in this thread. Vita is secured in Japan and isn't going anywhere, no matter what happens in the West. It is selling well and gets more and more games. Japanese devs couldn't care less what people in NA do, they care about their own market and Vita is already established there. Sony killing it there makes no sense and if you really believe that retailers will deny shelf space to the second best selling console in the country... Then I just drop my case - there is no point talking to you. You think Vita's strong position in Japan won't last long because...? Hmmm... Let me think... Is it because they have already quite a few big games coming there? Soul Sacrifice Delta, Soul Sacrifice 2, Gravity Rush 2, Freedom Wars, Monster Hunter Frontier, Persona 4 spin-off and many other games. Or maybe is it because developers making Vita games there report sales that surpass their expectations and get huge sell-through rates? Is it because PSP multiplats sell much more on Vita and even some PS3 multiplats sell better on Vita? Hmm...

I guess it might be a bit of an ego issue for you, but you have to accept that you guys in NA just don't matter at all in the quest for 10.6 mil Vitas sold, neither does it matter for Japan or even Europe what you guys do with Vita, sorry. Vita will sell enough in Japan to get pass GG at this point. It will keep on selling in EU as well, which only makes this an even safer bet and your claim that much more absurd.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Scisca said:

I do not stop thinking when I post here, but I see you are so humiliated and stressed, that you don't even start doing it. Look, I'm gonna explain it to you as simple as possible, though I really doubt you're gonna understand. I'm affraid at this point it's too hard for you to embrace the fact that 2+2=4, but I'm gonna try either way. This is what our conversation looks like:

You: Vita won't outsell GG.
Me: At this point, Vita will outsell GG just thanks to what it's going to sell in Japan. West is irrelevant, it's just something extra, but the situation in Japan alone makes your argument totally invalid.
You: "If you considering indie support as strong 3rd party then your previous implications of my character would obviously be more suitable to describe you"
Me: ??? I have never said anything about indies or that the Western 3rd party support is good. It absolutely doesn't matter for my argument to be true and your to be wrong. I'm not biting the hook over here and I'm not responding to this AT ALL. I shoot you down here and tell you not to push the conversation in this direction, as it's completely pointless and would only lead into another one of your pointless rants. Future sales in Japan alone will cause Vita to sell more than 10.6 mil LT WW. EOT.
You: LOL, you so stupid! You stupid Polish troll, you can't understand what "IF" means, trolololo!
Me: WFT? It doesn't matter. Japan alone makes your argument look ridiculous. Why are you repeating the "if" argument, when I'm not touching the matter in that sentence AT ALL? I'm not gonna bite the hook and let you take the conversation in a different direction.
You: You so stupid!! You no understand what "if" means!! You should stop posting, cause you too stupid and no understand English!! Trolololo!!
Me: But Japan... I don't wanna talk about indies or 3rd party...
You: U no understand "if"!! You so stupid!! Trolololo!!
Me: ...

To sum up - I don't care about what you wrote in that sentence. I really can't say it more clearly. I have never responded to it, I have never touched that matter, be it the importance of indies or the strenght of 3rd party support in the West. I'm ignoring it totally as absolutely irrelevant. On the other hand, you keep grinding in the mud and cling to the ridiculous statement that I don't understand the meaning of the word "if". It's really pathetic, you know this? Is it really too much for you to understand that I don't care about this argument of yours AT ALL! It can go either way for all I care. I have never made a single claim in this matter, as it doesn't matter at all in this argument, it bears no weight at all and I don't want you to take this argument into the shady zone of judging the importance of indies and 3rd party support. It is pointless.

I really can't say it more clearly, but I still get the feeling you won't understand.

I'm sorry to bring it to you, but you are nowhere near to being "the bigger man" over here, Shrek. You also happen to be the one who started the ethnic banter. Moreover, I'm absolutely sure you know next to nothing about my nation, and whatever you think you know is wrong. This time it's nothing personal - I have Canadian friends and know for a fact you don't know sh*t about Poland or other Central European countries.

You have used something against me? Hahaha! So far you are only using things against yourself, but whatever... At least we agree that right now Vita is suffering from PS4 getting all the love in the West. It's just that I believe they could return to Vita if they wanted to in the future, when PS4 dominance is secured, by relegating their old handheld-focused studios or setting up new ones, while you think it's impossible. Fair enough.

To the lunacy issue... I think I've already proven last time who has saled to the wide ocean of lunacy? Seriously, you totally ignoring that GCN part of the conversation makes me lauch so hard at you that you can't even imagine. The word "clown" is always gonna come to my mind whenever I see your nick/avatar from now on :) This cowardly reaction to me catching you on a completely bullsh*t rant tells everything about your personality. Oh, a word of advice - don't call people trolls, you can get banned for it over here. I'm not gonna report you, you are way too pityful for me and I'm obviously gonna take the high road here, but if a mod sees your posts, you might get in trouble.

Just like you went crazy and humiliated yourself with the GCN rant, you humiliate yourself again with the PS3 vs. X360 comment. You put me in the group of PS3 fanboys from 2007-2008? Buahahaha!! 1st thing - I have joined this forum on the 24th of October 2012. 2nd thing - I have earned my first ever Playstation trophy on the 2nd of December 2012. I haven't owned a single console (be it Sony or not) back in 2007 and couldn't care less about this whole console war. D'oh! You've totally failed again! Just like you do with your predictions in this thread or with this sweet little conversation.

To your Vita argument, I'm gonna repeat this again. The West doesn't matter AT ALL. Even if retailers in NA stop selling Vita will it influence Japan and cause Sony to pull it from the shelves there? Hell no! Vita is doing well enough in Europe to validate shelf space there so far as well. Also, I couldn't disagree more about the 2014 lineup being abyssmal. In fact it's totally the opposite - there are so many good games releasing this February and March that it's impossible to buy all these great games and Vita owners have hard time picking the most important games to buy first. The coming months are just jam-packed with games.

You are not being realistic. You have no idea what you're talking about and just don't understand that Japan couldn't care less about what's going on in the West and Sony won't kill it there even if Vita fails in the West. PSP is the best proof here. It's been dead in NA for years - so what? PSP was still massive in Japan with huge number of great games coming out all the time and is still selling surprisingly respectable numbers in Europe, even though the software support here has been dead for years. This should really make you think very hard - maybe for the first time in this thread. Vita is secured in Japan and isn't going anywhere, no matter what happens in the West. It is selling well and gets more and more games. Japanese devs couldn't care less what people in NA do, they care about their own market and Vita is already established there. Sony killing it there makes no sense and if you really believe that retailers will deny shelf space to the second best selling console in the country... Then I just drop my case - there is no point talking to you. You think Vita's strong position in Japan won't last long because...? Hmmm... Let me think... Is it because they have already quite a few big games coming there? Soul Sacrifice Delta, Soul Sacrifice 2, Gravity Rush 2, Freedom Wars, Monster Hunter Frontier, Persona 4 spin-off and many other games. Or maybe is it because developers making Vita games there report sales that surpass their expectations and get huge sell-through rates? Is it because PSP multiplats sell much more on Vita and even some PS3 multiplats sell better on Vita? Hmm...

I guess it might be a bit of an ego issue for you, but you have to accept that you guys in NA just don't matter at all in the quest for 10.6 mil Vitas sold, neither does it matter for Japan or even Europe what you guys do with Vita, sorry. Vita will sell enough in Japan to get pass GG at this point. It will keep on selling in EU as well, which only makes this an even safer bet and your claim that much more absurd.

Stressed and humiliated? You can even intelligently debate your argument. Secondly, it takes you several days to a week to be even able to come up with a response, while I reply to you within a matter of hours. I understand that you must be dealing with some sort of remedial difficulties but this is just ridiculous.  

Your little summary was rather pathetic and completely inaccurate as well.  First of all had you clearly even bothered to pay attention to the point of this thread withouth coming into it all butthurt, you would have noticed that I gave the possibility and the numbers to show a scenario where it is very possible that the Vita would not outsell the GameGear due to either being discontinued or retailers pulling units off of the shelf.

Going by year over year Dec 11-12, and Dec 12-13 as I stated earlier Vita has only gained a margain of 7% YoY sales. Considering this will be the peak year for the Vita, everything else as I had advised will be in decline which the Vita will be lucky to see a 15% increase at best.  Therefore by it's fourth year in Japan, had you read my other posts, with it being non existant in the EU/NA at that point, it would be easy to see a scenario where the PSV was discontiued as it is highly likely that Sony is pushing production along as quick as possible in order to get another handled out there to maintain relevant in the handheld market.

As for the indie comment. You were the one who went into a hysterical little rant due to the fact that you can't read properly. I clearly stated if you were implying about 3rd parties. Not you are. I've tried to explain that to you over several posts yet you continue to bring this up and go on about it. It's becoming absolutely ridiculous and I believe that you've gone beyond the point of embarassing yourself. You need to stop bringing it up. It's just making you look even more foolish each time you do. Get over, Let it go.

In summary, you've attempted to twist my words in order to justify your absurd arguments, while completely failing to provide anything  relevant. You  would have most likely been better off copying and pasting other's responses in this thread instead of your own as at least some of them managed to provide an intelligent debate. What's pathetic is that you continue to bring up the 3rd party comment. You obviously don't understand the word if and what it implies and should try taking an English class before making posts on an English forum. You claim you don't care yet you have now brought it up several times and we're not even halfway through your long  bewildered rant. It's as if you've become completely obsessive over it to the point where I am becoming a little concerned. You need to relax, take a breather and just let it go.  

Yes I am being the bigger man. Deal with it. I never started any ethnic banter. You were failing to understand the grammar I had used regarding 3rd party and due to the fact you are from a country that does not speak English as a first language, I simply implied that you learn how to read it properly, which after reading your obsessive comments regarding the 3rd party comment, I was correct. You were the one who made the statement regarding Canadians. I simply retorted back with the fact that you should refrain from this due to the laundry list of Polish jokes. If we were to apply those stereotypes to your  responses, they don't seem so far fetched. 

Yes, I did use something against you, you gave a response that justified my argument, thank you :) Vita is suffering and will not recouperate, especially in the West. Sony abandoning it or retailers removing it from there shelves is a plausible scenario. By the time Sony takes the focus off of the PS4 (if the even plan on doing that) in order to save the Vita, it will be too late. 

No, you have not proven anything. Basically anything you've indicated about my personality or demeanor is a complete indication of the person you are. It's not very hard to see past that. "Shakes Head" If your going to make a pathetic attempt at insulting me and name calling, I would highly and yes, highly suggest that you learn to spell correctly. This rant itself is pitiful! I'm a clown? Yes, that must be it. Coming from the guy who can't even provide a single intelligent response to his arguments. I mean what I stated about your account. It's very clear and would be worth the ban to point it out. Oh and by the way, the lunacy part does apply to your comments, which very easy to see.

Yes, I am grouping you in with those fans as it is not very hard to judge the type or lack of mentality that you are working with based on what you have stated. It's also irrevelant when you purchased your first Sony console or when you joined the forum for that matter. You are in the same spirit of those people who couldn't get it through there head that it wasn't going to happen and who made baseless arguments that didn't support any facts whatsoever. Therefore it is reasonable to make that comparison. I didn't fail. I made an accurate statement. The predictions I made are within the reason of plausibility. The people who provided reasonable arguments are only predicting themselves ltd sales of 13mill (a few said 15). 

To reach substantial enough sales in order to continue production, the West does matter. They need N.A and Europe. There is no ego involved, it is simply a fact. The Japan argument you keep tirelessly bringing up is not going to matter. It's not like the PSV is hitting the ball out of the park over there. YoY, it's still is fairly abysmal in comparison to the past generation of handhelds. This is a country where handhelds dominate. You can say whatever you want to help you sleep at night but the fact remains is that compared to previous years, the announced Vita lineup is not as strong as before. It's jam packed all right, with indie titles and small 3rd party releases!

I am being realistic and this is a scenario that could very well happen. You cannot compare the PSP with the Vita. That would be like comparing Wii with the WiiU. They've both managed to fail in following up to their predecessor and as a result have seen some of the lowest numbers in each respective groups history. PSV is nowhere in the same league as PSP and has nowhere near the same support that it received, even in Japan. So to try and compare does not justify nor validate your Japan argument. You should actually look up numbers and game releases before coming up with your responses. It's about as secured as the Wii U. With the continuing drop in sales in the West,Sony would be foolish not to have a successor waiting in the gates and spending time on that to get out the door. Unless they drop out of the handheld market completely.  Even if it continues sales and manages to pass the GG, it won't be by very much and still be considered a failure. It is far from being a strong position. Those games you've listed are  not a strong as previous years. Also give a list of all the multiplat games where the game sold better on Vita than PS3, I'm interested to see this.

Ego? Far from that. Your delusions of grandeur are truly becoming amusing at this point. EU is not selling that well and is almost in a similar decline YoY as N.A. Those regions matter and if they continue there decline this early in the each respective region, then you can bet your ass  it will affect Japan. You bring up the PSP but it doesn't justify your argument. Your forgetting that the PSP had fairly reasonable sales throughout it's life time (sold over 50 million in it's first 4 years). The PSV is going into 3rd year and it hasn't even cracked 8 million. It's not an absurd guess, it's a scenario that as stated it possible if YoY sales continue to decline. I wait to see what ridiculous counter argument you come up with next week.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

again

I will just leave this point again:

Sony has a Plan for the PSVita and take a look at this and see if you can guess what that plan is....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc4k2Zl7vOg

Hint: they have done it before, and i think they will do it again.

Now the Tv Line Of LCD TV's can have a unique function, or hell they could even licence it to other TV production companies like Samsung, all would and can be unified into part of the playstation ecosystem Also!
the Component cost's are much cheaper, and the size is small enough that adding an internal or external Playstation Vita TV box to the TV as a Bundle would in effect be cheaper to do.

Why just worry about getting a playstation into only a Livingroom?

Put A PLAYSTATION in pretty much every room in your house! that a TV would Go into.
But the Consumer would be able to do it at a low cost effective Price point!

A Playstation Powered LCD TV is a way for Sony to at least make the LCD TV unique vs other TV's and since they can sell the TV with PSVita components inside, with a low cost means one of the best smart TV's geared for Gaming as a priority!

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.